Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well not Tesla superchargers, but they can use Electrify America, eVGO, Chargepoint, etc.. DC Fast chargers. Not right now but I'm sure in a few years time those networks will be more prevalent than Tesla Superchargers.
With most EA and Evgo stations you can use Chademo, but a lot of Chargepoint and others are only CCS Combo, so until there is an adapter for CCS Combo there will still be limits in the 3rd party charging market for Tesla owners.

Still shocked at the amount of people crying about the buying process. This process is one of the beat there is. Like buying a pair of shoes online rather than haggling with a dealership. You wait 1-3 months for a car you custom order online. You thought it would be different? And sure lack of communication. Well I'd rather them put their attention towards the quality of the product then answering every quirky question from someone. If your car hasn't been built yet you want them to look through the thousand pages to see where you are in the que? Just do something with your time and enjoy the fact that you're getting an amazing car.

For those saying you won't order a tesla again? Good. One less on the road to compete with. Makes mine all that more special :p

Custom car? You have a choice between 5 colors. White or Black interior and 2 sets of tires. These are mass produced
And you can custom order a car from other manufacturers online and have it delivered to a dealership to complete the order, lets not pretend this is some revolutionary process that has never existed before

Agreed with everyone about the lack of transparency, especially regarding the removal of features without any notification. I understand there's a parts shortage, but the failure to disclose the changes caused by that at the time of ordering the vehicle rub me the wrong way. Like, no radar available? Fine (to an extent - I personally don't think vision-only is the best way forward, but that's a convo for another day), tell me that upfront so I'm not expecting a car that has all of the current radar-based safety features only to receive one that has a diminished feature set. Trying to cut costs on passenger lumbar support? Cool, at least give us an option to include that in our build instead of removing it quietly to avoid backlash.

All the while, they've increased the price by $500 on 5 different occasions, which makes all of the above incredibly hard to swallow.

Also, it's fine to critique and criticize a company and what they're doing while simultaneously being a fan of their products. I'm sure my Model 3 will be a great car to drive and own, but that doesn't absolve Tesla from criticism for lack of transparency and for delivering vehicles that are objectively worse than their previous offerings.
Funny thing about transparency is that SAs seem to be out of the loop on things they're removing as well. My SA found out about the removal of passenger lumbar support because I asked about it. He said he looked it up after I asked and just found out. Or he could just be lying to me to make me feel better. Who knows at this point.

Yeah, it cost about $2k more, $1500 for the wheels, $500 for the price increase.

I know a lot of people were waiting a lot longer, but I've been without a car for 3 weeks and it got really old asking for people to take me where I needed to go. If my old car hadn't needed repairs that were going to take at least 3 weeks, I'd have kept it and not minded the extra wait time at all. I'm just glad my co-workers have been so nice about being my taxi service. I owe

Any M3LR Black/Black/Aero/AP deliveries or VINs yet? I haven’t seen any reported
I ordered 4/11 and should be taking delivery 6/5 (California), so they are out there...

I just reached out to fremont and they said that because I dont have a win, they cant give me the build date for my car yet since there isn't one assigned to me. However, she said that my estimated delivery date is June 20th, so I should expect to hear from someone by then.
Weird I called Fresno and my SA probably 2 weeks ago and I didn’t need a VIN and they gave me a build date through my RN#. Who knows how they do this whole process. I’ve given up on that end. Probably check my account once a day now after they told me last week of June. Used to check it at least 20-25 times when the VINs were popping up.

Reactions: JoJa15 and kerbyOT7
Agreed with everyone about the lack of transparency, especially regarding the removal of features without any notification. I understand there's a parts shortage, but the failure to disclose the changes caused by that at the time of ordering the vehicle rub me the wrong way. Like, no radar available? Fine (to an extent - I personally don't think vision-only is the best way forward, but that's a convo for another day), tell me that upfront so I'm not expecting a car that has all of the current radar-based safety features only to receive one that has a diminished feature set. Trying to cut costs on passenger lumbar support? Cool, at least give us an option to include that in our build instead of removing it quietly to avoid backlash.

All the while, they've increased the price by $500 on 5 different occasions, which makes all of the above incredibly hard to swallow.

Also, it's fine to critique and criticize a company and what they're doing while simultaneously being a fan of their products. I'm sure my Model 3 will be a great car to drive and own, but that doesn't absolve Tesla from criticism for lack of transparency and for delivering vehicles that are objectively worse than their previous offerings.

with your reply in mind, just last night, i was watching some youtube videos about the cheapest tesla yet (that may be released next year).
it being the cheapest.. it makes me wonder the following:

-if it will only be about 15-20k usd, the production cost on these model "2's" (lets call it that since thats what everyone calls it) would be significantly cheaper.
-they removed radar, they removed lumbar support, they removed the clips in the frunk to hang your belongings in, they are switching to lithium iron phosphate [LiFe]PO which is CHEAPER to produce and apparently more efficient.
-the "refreshed" referral program with no more free supercharging bonus on successful deliveries
-all the savings in $/vehicle multiplied by the amount of car sold till the first "model 2" is produced, MAY end up paying for a goodchunk of a new gigafactory/equipment required to produce the said model.

if this was the case, Jesus ..... the first batch of it would have been fully paid just by the savings of the past cost cutting.

Last edited:
FWIW, I called the Charlotte store today to check if I could get an earlier delivery date. I’m scheduled for a 6/13 delivery, but my last EDD prior to setting it up was 6/6-6/12. SA I spoke with this morning said my vehicle is slated to arrive in Charlotte on 6/10. He suggested calling on the 9th to see if I could pick it up on the 10th or 11th.

Weird I called Fresno and my SA probably 2 weeks ago and I didn’t need a VIN and they gave me a build date through my RN#. Who knows how they do this whole process. I’ve given up on that end. Probably check my account once a day now after they told me last week of June. Used to check it at least 20-25 times when the VINs were popping up.
While it would be great to get my car tomorrow, I just hope I can get it early enough that I can still make my tinting and PPF/ceramic appointments on the 26th and 29th. Ideally I'd like it earlier so i can get any panel gaps or other issues taken cared of before getting it wrapped, but oh well.

Yeah call the Fresno Tesla location. They’ll tell you when your cars build date is set. Helps you not check your account at all times.
I just called Fresno Tesla even though my delivery location is Denver, CO and spoke to a very helpful gentleman named Robert, who looked up an estimated build date for me (6/18) and estimated delivery date (6/23).

I feel much better now with more solid info, thanks for the tip.

(if you call, press 4 for new vehicle delivery, then 1 for more information)