Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got to Buena Park Tesla. Yelp said they open at 9am. But the door says 10am. But these are the pics so far for anyone who is picking up at Buena Park.

Attachments

• 9498BFEA-3C5E-4463-AE9D-07A2800D4BBF.jpeg
    9498BFEA-3C5E-4463-AE9D-07A2800D4BBF.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 77
  • 946D232C-18CA-41DA-99FD-21F2265476B3.jpeg
    946D232C-18CA-41DA-99FD-21F2265476B3.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 44
Any others with Costa Mesa, CA deliveries for June?

I see a lot of Buena Park, not not many Costa Mesa. Of the users I know: "ZYaj" had a home drop off set on 5/28 (then crickets after that, too busy having fun I'm sure) and "cjxmtn" switched to get an inventory Model Y.

I'm guessing my day will come around the same time as Buena Park though. Although I live a few mins closer to BP, I chose CM since I had read about less than average experiences at BP.

Ordered: 4/7, no VIN.
EDD had been 6/19-6/30 all week, this morning 7-10 weeks. If I assume that from order date, that would be 5/26 - 6/16.
Same day I ordered and same situation. Based on other posters' experiences, the 7-10 week EDD is a glitch that disappears after a day or two. I don't like it because last time I had a non-dated EDD, it read "X weeks from order date" not just "X weeks". Either way, we have to be near the top of the queue for west coast Model 3s by now so I'm not too worried.
They are clearly shipping these cars to non west coast states. Is it really parts or do they refuse to make/ship/build cars to the west coast orders til the end of June?
I think a little of both. I read some rumors here that shipments of M3 are being sent from Fremont to certain delivery centers incomplete with parts still missing, and they plan to finish the final assembly there. This benefits those who live by large delivery centers with storage lots, and some others like Portland, OR are SOL because their delivery centers have no overflow lot.

Reactions: Ace777
I'm over here complaining about my 50k order from April but 2017 Tesla Roadster pre-orderers know the real struggle. Can you imagine?
Can I imagine putting $50k down in 2017 on a yet to be released model from a company notorious for failures to deliver on promises, then watching the stock market go up +60% while I wait? Not really. Then again, IF the car actually gets produced those people can probably sell their spots at the front of the line for an even greater gain...

Finally picked her up today!

View attachment 672086
Man that blue looks good!! I contemplated hard as $1000 is fairly small in the grand scheme of the whole purchase, but it also feels like a lot just for a color. I've never been one to care what color something is when I buy it. (cars, motorcycles, atv's, etc.)
I couldn't decide between blue and red, so I just ended up going white, lol. I do like Tesla's white, I saw a white 2021 sitting next to me at a stop light a couple weeks before I ordered and thought, yeah, that is a really nice white color, I'm good with that.
I have a feeling I might wrap it at some point anyway for complete protection, and to get a cool custom color.

Just got to Buena Park Tesla. Yelp said they open at 9am. But the door says 10am. But these are the pics so far for anyone who is picking up at Buena Park.
Would you please drive over to Burbank and take some pics there too? lol

I’m about ready to offer my wife a shopping trip to Ikea just so she’ll drive me there and I can look at the SC that’s right next door. Probably a lot cheaper to just take my motorcycle by myself…

Would you please drive over to Burbank and take some pics there too? lol

I’m about ready to offer my wife a shopping trip to Ikea just so she’ll drive me there and I can look at the SC that’s right next door. Probably a lot cheaper to just take my motorcycle by myself…
Come to think of it, Tesla's installation instructions for their cars are probably just like the instructions Ikea has for all their furniture. 😜

• Funny
Reactions: abhikbhatia
Any others with Costa Mesa, CA deliveries for June?

I see a lot of Buena Park, not not many Costa Mesa. Of the users I know: "ZYaj" had a home drop off set on 5/28 (then crickets after that, too busy having fun I'm sure) and "cjxmtn" switched to get an inventory Model Y.

I'm guessing my day will come around the same time as Buena Park though. Although I live a few mins closer to BP, I chose CM since I had read about less than average experiences at BP.

Ordered: 4/7, no VIN.
EDD had been 6/19-6/30 all week, this morning 7-10 weeks. If I assume that from order date, that would be 5/26 - 6/16.
Im picking up at Costa Mesa. Still waiting as well haven't received VIN. Current EDD is 06/18-06/30. Ordered on 05/07

It looks to me like everyone in California with a Q2 slot is just sliding dates one day to the right every day with the end date staying 6/29 or 6/30. I expect to be 2 days away until I get a VIN and a delivery date.

I hope folks who are getting dates in July/August get pulled back into Q2.

Right? Like hardly anybody uses the air bags, so we've removed them.
Just like the radar and passenger lumbar adjustment.

Reactions: abhikbhatia
It looks to me like everyone in California with a Q2 slot is just sliding dates one day to the right every day with the end date staying 6/29 or 6/30. I expect to be 2 days away until I get a VIN and a delivery date.

I hope folks who are getting dates in July/August get pulled back into Q2.

Just like the radar and passenger lumbar adjustment.
Yup, my dates have been sliding to right but the end date had held at June 30. Basically, Tesla saying: "you'll get your car by quarter end"