Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completed my account (payment method etc) - the day I made the order. Was set to cash but was thinking of leasing. SA told me he’d help switch it later since most important was to get in the queue. Few weeks later my EDD was so soon my SA advised, 3 days ago (6/16), I should switch it now to avoid complications if delivery is called etc.
He switched it, I refreshed the page while on the call with him, submitted my info, and was approved in less then 1 min. (Literally a page refresh). Back to “submit insurance”. I submitted my current policy because in CA.

I had the EDDs continue bumping by 1 day (always 2 days out from day of) and then have had the 9-13 weeks and now 8-12 weeks yesterday and today.

My SA is out of town so I called their team to see if they could tell me any updates. They said “oh well the profile wasn’t complete until 6/16”. Wtf!! This is impossible due to me being on the Submit Insurance stage since the same day I placed my order and it was set to cash. I’m going crazy thinking I’ve been bumped to the back of the line. Anyone have a similar experience or just potential encouragement?? 🙏
Wow really sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they are able to straighten it out. I actually checked with my SA a few weeks ago to make sure there was nothing left for me to do on my profile.

Reactions: mtrois
I completed my account (payment method etc) - the day I made the order. Was set to cash but was thinking of leasing. SA told me he’d help switch it later since most important was to get in the queue. Few weeks later my EDD was so soon my SA advised, 3 days ago (6/16), I should switch it now to avoid complications if delivery is called etc.
He switched it, I refreshed the page while on the call with him, submitted my info, and was approved in less then 1 min. (Literally a page refresh). Back to “submit insurance”. I submitted my current policy because in CA.

I had the EDDs continue bumping by 1 day (always 2 days out from day of) and then have had the 9-13 weeks and now 8-12 weeks yesterday and today.

My SA is out of town so I called their team to see if they could tell me any updates. They said “oh well the profile wasn’t complete until 6/16”. Wtf!! This is impossible due to me being on the Submit Insurance stage since the same day I placed my order and it was set to cash. I’m going crazy thinking I’ve been bumped to the back of the line. Anyone have a similar experience or just potential encouragement?? 🙏
I ordered 5/1 and did everything but apply for a loan because I heard all the stories of delivery delays and people's financing expiring. Towards the end of May I talked to a random SA who said I should complete my profile to get a VIN quicker. Seems like something they should tell you up front.

I ordered 5/1 and did everything but apply for a loan because I heard all the stories of delivery delays and people's financing expiring. Towards the end of May I talked to a random SA who said I should complete my profile to get a VIN quicker. Seems like something they should tell you up front.
My SA was very adamant about the complete profile being the most important thing, which is why it was set to cash etc, and thus I know it was “complete” since day 1. Confirmed with my SA directly too.
But yes, the entire process needs adjustment!

Update for those in the PNW, I got a delivery date scheduled for 6/25 in Portland. We'll see how that goes. I was riding a bicycle up towards Mt. St. Helens when I got a text out of the blue to schedule delivery. I immediately stopped and wasted no time and got it scheduled. 🚴‍♂️

MSM LR, No FSD, 18" Aero, Ordered 5/7.

On a related note, when I was heading south on I5 this afternoon near Kalama I saw a car carrier heading north towards Seattle, fully loaded, at least 3 or 4 white M3's it appeared plus a mix of other colors. Hope they were heading to those of you that ordered in April. 🤔

Reactions: JoJa15 and Lazerack
Update for those in the PNW, I got a delivery date scheduled for 6/25 in Portland. We'll see how that goes. I was riding a bicycle up towards Mt. St. Helens when I got a text out of the blue to schedule delivery. I immediately stopped and wasted no time and got it scheduled. 🚴‍♂️

MSM LR, No FSD, 18" Aero, Ordered 5/7.

On a related note, when I was heading south on I5 this afternoon near Kalama I saw a car carrier heading north towards Seattle, fully loaded, at least 3 or 4 white M3's it appeared plus a mix of other colors. Hope they were heading to those of you that ordered in April. 🤔
How soon after you got your VIN did you get the text to schedule your pickup?

Update: my SA gave me a call and told me I should still be good for the original estimates that were there when we placed the original order. Also could get assigned a vehicle this week potentially. So not as concerned about being reset in the line! Phew

I've heard they either assign VINs after production or when they get loaded onto transport trucks. The truth could really be anywhere in between.

Unrelated, has anyone noticed all the inventory M3s in Europe? It appears there are about 578 unsold ones there vs 60 in the US. Not sure why they made so many cars for Europe when they can't even make enough for here.
my SA told me that when you see your VIN, that means it is in transit to your SC.

Dudes!!!!!
6B524D43-5D42-4E69-8DD3-74F9A928D340.png