Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you get to make the trip 1 day after me. I can not get myself to pay until after I see the car lol
I'm hoping for a decent car, but I can't imagine not taking delivery. If the hood was the wrong color, I'd still accept delivery and get it fixed later! From what I understand, there is a service center in Tucson near the airport if we have any issues.

Reactions: Infinityaz
There must have been some luck on my side today. I woke to a VIN at 5:30 AM and the text to schedule delivery came before 2 PM. I paid the amount due with ACH and scheduled pickup at Raintree at 11 AM Saturday 6-26. My VIN ends in 0005** I don't know if that is very new, or if it's been sitting. White on White 18" Aero LR no FSD.
Ha! So looks like you got the newest of the bunch. Which means mine has been sitting around for a little bit being over 1k cars before yours. I'm curious why there was a wait. Maybe waiting for enough AZ cars to fill a truck?

Reactions: Infinityaz
There must have been some luck on my side today. I woke to a VIN at 5:30 AM and the text to schedule delivery came before 2 PM. I paid the amount due with ACH and scheduled pickup at Raintree at 11 AM Saturday 6-26. My VIN ends in 0005** I don't know if that is very new, or if it's been sitting. White on White 18" Aero LR no FSD.
Did you have any other dates available for pickup? I'm flying out of town Saturday so obviously I'd like to pick it up before then.

Picked up my car today folks. 3 issues found so far:

* Deflation direction of lumbar support isn't working.
* One of the rear door handle is a bit misaligned (a bit in).
* Rear (plasticy?) top on the driver's side need some minor alignment adjustment.

Other than those everything else looks great so far.

I originally ordered on 5/11. M3LRBlack with black interior, 19'' wheels, and FSD. I then changed it to white interior on June 2nd. I traded-in my car and had them re-evaluate the offer originally and then sometime in mid june too. I also didn't had title for my old car which I got on first week of June. (I saw some posts about not completing profile and that delaying things, that hasn't been my experience. My SA told me from the very beginning that that shouldn't delay it.) I got the VIN on Saturday (no text or email, just found out via random refresh), and then delivery got scheduled for home delivery on 6/23 last night (again found out via random refresh). My original selection was to pick it up from Fremont. I emailed my SA and asked to pick up my car instead of it being home delivered, he mentioned that my location got changed from Fremont to Colma. So I ended up calling Colma delivery center this morning (at 9:45am) and requested pick up. They said I could pick it up today. Overall pretty smooth experience. Also, I got final payment email this morning.

Lumbar support is a tiny inconvenience but nothing too bad.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck to all you folks. Car is crazy fun to drive. :)

I'm hoping for a decent car, but I can't imagine not taking delivery. If the hood was the wrong color, I'd still accept delivery and get it fixed later! From what I understand, there is a service center in Tucson near the airport if we have any issues.
Yes I did a test drive at that location. It would have to be real bad for me to refuse but it just doesn't feel right paying before hand. Did you use Plaid? Did you just need routing and account number?

Yes I did a test drive at that location. It would have to be real bad for me to refuse but it just doesn't feel right paying before hand. Did you use Plaid? Did you just need routing and account number?
When I pick up the M3LR on Saturday, it will be my first time even sitting in a Tesla. I skipped the test drive, but I‘m excited and I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy it. I did some quick research and used Plaid to pay the amount due. Hopefully it is not a security problem. I’ll change the bank password after the Tesla transaction and delivery is complete.

Feeling pretty discouraged that I won’t get the car anytime soon. Driving myself crazy looking at demos or even model ys but I know I won’t want one and should wait. Just venting I guess if anyone feels similar
I got my VIN today after 73 days and I thought I'd be excited but I'm just relieved and a little angsty about the vehicle quality. This company is exhausting to do business with.