Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you are right. We love Tesla, and we need enable this behavior .

they do have a lot of room to grow, as most companies that are in the growth stage do. The problem is that they have so much attention which is fueling their growth faster than they can adapt their customer service. They will get there.
Apple, Amazon, the major players all had customer service issues back in the day. Look where they are at. Tesla will get there or else they will become like the big three - ordinary car manufacturers.
I can give you maybe they are at the very end of the severe growth stage. but customer service starts with just setting the correct expectation from the beginning. and at least attempting to be respectful to be and their time. I can agree that Amazon customer service wasn't the best either and it has come full circle. but it did come a time where they had to look at themselves and say hey, we have to do better. its not kid time anymore. but we can agree. Tesla is now at that point where they need to grow up and get serious.

Reactions: yaya21 and Y@Trox
Tesla doesn't have competition at the moment, they do what they want while their product is being bought, despite the BIG drawbacks in all areas.
yup very true. however, that will change one day. and it could be sooner rather than later. and the more customers let it go the bigger the issue will get. this is why competition is so great for all aspects. it makes companies look at themselves and say what's holding us back. I think Tesla will get there, they just need to start like yesterday on it. I do think giga Texas will help some to be honest.

I can give you maybe they are at the very end of the severe growth stage. but customer service starts with just setting the correct expectation from the beginning. and at least attempting to be respectful to be and their time. I can agree that Amazon customer service wasn't the best either and it has come full circle. but it did come a time where they had to look at themselves and say hey, we have to do better. its not kid time anymore. but we can agree. Tesla is now at that point where they need to grow up and get serious.

Yes, they are at that time. the VWs, Fords, and Toyota’s are trying to jump in the game with there brand legacy, to take market share. They will because the masses are used to their service levels (which aren’t stellar either, but acceptable). Tesla has an opportunity to destroy market share if they can figure out the service aspect.

Reactions: yaya21 and Tholland
any who.... I do hope that everyone gets their cars by EOY, and I really hope that when you do have great customer service that you SHARE IT. as much as I think Teslas customer service is **** there have been times where they have been excellent. those times do need to be recognized.

so have a great time with your new cars, check them over, and share you positive experiences with Tesla. and let them know that they did great job.

• Love
Reactions: yaya21 and Y@Trox
Yes, they are at that time. the VWs, Fords, and Toyota’s are trying to jump in the game with there brand legacy, to take market share. They will because the masses are used to their service levels (which aren’t stellar either, but acceptable). Tesla has an opportunity to destroy market share if they can figure out the service aspect.
omg... you got that right. im starting lose faith in Toyota tho. they had all the chances to actually pace tesla with Prius. granted its ugly. but they could have started growing the battery size and transition over. Hybrids could somewhat work, by making it more electric vs gas. so maybe have 140 miles short ev range and 20 mile gas extender to make it home or around town. similar to BMWi3

omg... you got that right. im starting lose faith in Toyota tho. they had all the chances to actually pace tesla with Prius. granted its ugly. but they could have started growing the battery size and transition over. Hybrids could somewhat work, by making it more electric vs gas. so maybe have 140 miles short ev range and 20 mile gas extender to make it home or around town. similar to BMWi3

The problem with those companies, which is the problem with most American companies - they get fat and lazy. Complacent. That’s the whole reason disrupters were born and we are in the forum we are in

hahah Fat and lazy. that sums it up nicely. Ill have to use that. I mean Toyota was super lazy and let BMW build the supra.

I saw a yellow Supra, the new 2021 version, driving home from work today. It looks very nice, but yea, it's just a BMW, although the engine noises it made were very nice. I saw some guy on you tube put fake engine sounds on his M3. It was hilarious making loud engine noises when he was accelerating.

Oh yea, still no VIN or pickup date, bah humbug!

I saw a yellow Supra, the new 2021 version, driving home from work today. It looks very nice, but yea, it's just a BMW, although the engine noises it made were very nice. I saw some guy on you tube put fake engine sounds on his M3. It was hilarious making loud engine noises when he was accelerating.

Oh yea, still no VIN or pickup date, bah humbug!
and to this day, I still want a 98 2jz supra. still. hahaha I saw that video. it is funny to see and hear. well I hope you get a vin soon. like as in tomorrow

Reactions: lunar_dust
Spoke to Tesla again today. The rep I can get on the phone is actually trying to help unlike the one who initially emailed me, he is horrible and give me copy and pasted responses.

I was told I can pick up this week if I accept a different color of vehicle. I already said I do not care about the wheels since I had the 19in. and was willing to change if it helped find a replacement. That was the only information I was given. They told me that my car was being repaired but they cannot tell me when exactly it will be ready. I have a Monday scheduled pick up (pushed back a week) and they said that is not guaranteed either. For a "dent in the bumper" they are really giving me a massive run around with no real responses.

I also asked for some type of credit or price reduction due to 1. the delay and 2. the damage, they told me it does not meet the damage amount requirement to qualify for that. Yet they refuse to provide pictures of the damage..

Spoke to Tesla again today. The rep I can get on the phone is actually trying to help unlike the one who initially emailed me, he is horrible and give me copy and pasted responses.

I was told I can pick up this week if I accept a different color of vehicle. I already said I do not care about the wheels since I had the 19in. and was willing to change if it helped find a replacement. That was the only information I was given. They told me that my car was being repaired but they cannot tell me when exactly it will be ready. I have a Monday scheduled pick up (pushed back a week) and they said that is not guaranteed either. For a "dent in the bumper" they are really giving me a massive run around with no real responses.

I also asked for some type of credit or price reduction due to 1. the delay and 2. the damage, they told me it does not meet the damage amount requirement to qualify for that. Yet they refuse to provide pictures of the damage..
You can still cancel the order, if that might be of any help?

I can't wrap my head around how terrible Tesla's customer service is. Wow.
Indeed. My experience has been terrible in every way. TX is complicating things, since Tesla is not an official dealer here, but man, they have made everything 100 times harder than it has to be. They're just plain arrogant. My wife doesn't want the car anymore; she wants me to buy her a slightly used 2021 in a few months from Vroom/etc. I told Tesla how I'd do the deal. Car supposedly arrived today. I asked to inspect it (can't test-drive it) before Monday. I'd pay it Monday over the phone (a debit to my account), sell the trade, change the insurance to the Tesla, upload it to Tesla, get the temporary tag, then take delivery on Tuesday, since my wife is not available until then. No reply in 2 days so far. If they don't want to do it in that super reasonable way, they can shove their car up you know where. I've bought dozens of new cars over the decades, and this has been the worst experience by far... and didn't even have to negotiate the price. Ha ha. And I'm a very reasonable person. They're lucky there are no real competitors at the moment, but that will change soon.

The first taste of Tesla arrogance was the only payment method on their website: You need to provide your bank info, you have to agree Tesla keeps the info on file, and you also have to agree they have the right to make other charges to your account. And no buttons to opt out of that; yeah, f***ing right!. Oh, and they already kept my freaking credit card open with the deposit (same thing; can't opt out of that), so why both? But no choice there, since you need a Tesla account to use superchargers. Anyway, things went downhill from there, but we'll see what happens in the next few days. Maybe millennials have an easier time with that kind of way of doing things, but not me, and I'm not that old (58 here).

Last edited:
delivery date before VIN...I think Tesla is more eager than I am.
White/white Ordered 10/20 in CA

Attachments

• 966FCF60-417D-4379-8C6B-6AAAFFA9103B.jpeg
    966FCF60-417D-4379-8C6B-6AAAFFA9103B.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: royinla and yaya21
delivery date before VIN...I think Tesla is more eager than I am.
White/white Ordered 10/20 in CA

Got the same text message this AM as well! Home delivery in San Francisco set for 12/27.

Blue/Blk Long Range. Ordered 11/27. Still no VIN.

I had requested pickup at the Fremont factory, but I think with COVID restrictions in NorCal, they're only doing home deliveries. We ordered a Model Y with Fremont delivery last month. It was delivered last week, and had the Fremont pickup changed to home delivery as well.

Reactions: yaya21