Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a VIN!

went to do my periodic page refresh to see if the pixels of my 7-11 week EDD have changed. Was directed to a order update page asking to confirm changes regarding Tesla Vision… now, my overview page shows a VIN as well as an EDD window of July 21-27

ordered 5/31 to Raleigh, NC

Hope others patiently waiting got this nice surprise recently too

Congratulations! It's because of the squirrel picture, isn't it?

Here’s a thought… when I was looking at used inventory before ordering new, the transport from CA to Nashville always 2-2.5k. Today, there is no transport fee on used from CA. I bet they are trying to fill up the train/truck to Nashville. Going out to convince the neighborhood of the benefits of EV…😂

So while we wait, what accessories are everyone looking at?

I have ordered a few protective items (3D MAXspider mats, matte Spigen screen protector) and some for fun.

check these out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PKYJ8SJ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just modified my M3 order to a LR AWD today(7/9). Ordered white/white/18in with standard autopilot.

I went into the store 7/9 and ordered a SR+ in the AM and the whole drive home I was thinking if the SR+ was for me… I make the drive from the Bay Area to LA 3-4x a year and was thinking about all the extra time for charging I would need. I could take my Q5 but the whole point of an electric car is to avoid CA’s $5.00/gal gas prices AND autopilot would help with fatigue. Hope I made the right choice with my first EV…

What a fun ride it is. I guess we are in a similar boat, seeing as we are both in CHAMPA BAY.

What date did you order?

I ordered on 6/14.

* Pearl White
* Black Interior
* 18" Aero wheels
* Auto pilot (No FSD)

Today my EDD also changed from "7-11 Weeks" to "July 24 - August 12".
I ordered the M3LR on July 2nd.

*Silver Metallic
*Black Interior
*18" Aero Wheels
*Auto Pilot (No FSD)

Just got my VIN. Logged in a few times today and had 7-11 still but then saw vision notice and boom, there's a VIN. Estimated delivery 7/18-7/24

Timeline was:

May 25th - Order
Mid-June - placed on hold
June 29 -taken off hold, delivery date 7-11 weeks
Some time last week - EDD July 16-Aug1
3 days ago - 7-11 weeks
Today - VIN

Sending you all good vibes and hope to see more VINs soon.

Config is White exterior/black interior, aero wheels, no self-driving
Finally someone in July got a VIN…. Congrats

Not sure how much you've looked around, but Tesla lowballed me really badly on my 2018 M3. I had offers in the low to mid $30K range from more than one company and when I checked Tesla they offered $27,500. Had a video chat with a rep in Cali and asked if they could come up from that; he said he'd talk to the trade in team and in the meantime I could send him any written offer I had above theirs. I got one for $35,000 (that I have accepted) that I forwarded to him. He said they couldn't come up any higher than the $27,500. A $7500 difference is ridiculous, especially when they are the manufacturer and could probably turn it around in a heartbeat. While I now have to make arrangements for transportation for a few weeks (hopefully just a FEW weeks) because the company I'm selling to won't wait indefinitely, it certainly isn't going to cost me anywhere near $7500 to do so.
holy crap, cause I know of a traded in model 3 here in indy that the guy was given 46,500 for it....

holy crap, cause I know of a traded in model 3 here in indy that the guy was given 46,500 for it....
Admittedly, I had 51,000+ miles on it. The offer amount itself isn't what shocked me; it was the $7500 difference. I even sent Tesla the email offer for $35K and they wouldn't budge. Kinda pissed me off TBH.

I just sold my 2018 this week and the buyer sent a truck to retrieve it tonight. I know something even better will be here soon but I loved that car and it was bittersweet to watch it hauled away. Not to mention that my wife and I now have to try to make do with 1 vehicle until my new one arrives.

I also discovered yesterday that reaching out directly to my KC Tesla folks a) got me quick and helpful responses, and b) that home delivery IS an option here. When I ordered on the Tesla website on 6/16 it said that wasn't available for my address so that was a very pleasant surprise. My EDD has bounced around several times the past 3 weeks but was 7/23-8/11 this morning, which jibed with the KC folks' estimate of early to mid August. Hoping it's no longer than that.

Reactions: AT88MPH
I originally ordered model s LR in February in anticipation of a March delivery. This being my third model s, I really wasn’t considering this tesla eta any kind of fixed delivery period.

in may I made the decision that I just had to have blue instead of white. They said if I altered color, could set me back to September/ October (which in tesla talk means November/ December.

surprise, surprise car showed up in blue on the last day of june. beautiful with the 21 wheels.

car is beautiful.