Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 691204

View attachment 691205

So randomly refreshed my account page like most of you have been doing since loading your orders, and the new page pops up. I clicked proceed with delivery and next page showed my VIN.

so there it is folks, my SA said that I will likely get a VIN on 8/17 but that ended up being way off. I donā€™t know where they get their dates from but I wouldnā€™t rely on it.
Told you on Saturday that it would be coming in a few days. Tell the Mods to change my screen name to the Oracle.

Reactions: M3_p0\/\/3r
Looks sick! Meanwhile I havenā€™t even put actual plates on mine šŸ˜¬
LOL! I was back there anyway so I figured why not. I didnā€™t attach the custom front bracket for the front plate yet. Iā€™m waiting until after I get the PPF applied to the front bumper so itā€™s one less thing that needs to be worked around. I put the temp plate in the holder behind the front seat just in case. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll take a month before the plates are transferred in our antiquated VA DMV system.

Reactions: Schmozy
I ordered on 6/19 and got the White with black interior long range.
My EDD showed 8/14-8/21. It had moved multiple times over the last week. On 7/26 it showed an EDD of 8/18-9/7 on 7/30 it showed 8/11-8/21. On 7/31 it showed 8/12-8/20. On 8/1 it showed 8/13-8/20 and yesterday it was 8/14-8/21 when I got my VIN and then changed to 8/11-8/16 . Today it is 8/10-8/16.

Reactions: SilverMccormi
LOL! I was back there anyway so I figured why not. I didnā€™t attach the custom front bracket for the front plate yet. Iā€™m waiting until after I get the PPF applied to the front bumper so itā€™s one less thing that needs to be worked around. I put the temp plate in the holder behind the front seat just in case. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll take a month before the plates are transferred in our antiquated VA DMV system.

I was wondering if the service center installed the front license plate bracket before delivery. Glad to know they donā€™t and leave it up to you. I plan on getting a custom non-stick plate bracket and didnā€™t want to deal with the headache of removing the original one.

Hey all,

After mulling around for a few months trying to find a decent CPO I've decided to buy a 2021 M3 awd considering the price between two years old and 50k on it was so small, can't wait -- delivery tentatively says November, is that usually fairly accurate or could it be sooner or later?
The November estimate is probably the most accurate you'll have for a while. The estimate in your Tesla Account page is going to jump all around. If you're trying to time something like selling your current car then I wouldn't trust anything until the estimate starts narrowing and you have a VIN. And even then the delivery date might not be 100% accurate but it should be close. Once the delivery date gets closer you can try contacting your SA for more information but whether or not you get accurate information seems to depend on who you speak to.

Alright, I've been diligently stalking this forum daily for the last 2 months... Here's my order: 5/28, confirmed insurance 6/2. White/White/19's. Orlando. No VIN yet, no responses from my SA in Orlando. EDD keeps pushing 1 day to the right. Today it's at 8/18-8/30. I saw another Orlandonian who ordered almost 1 month after me get a VIN yesterday. 2 weeks ago I saw my exact build on existing inventory in Orlando, tried to buy it but was beat out by someone else. Starting to get a little impatient as we near the 11th week of my promised 3-11 weeks at order....
I was hoping that posting here would generate Andrew The Squirrel to magically assign me a VIN.