Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 694960
Received my Tesla Certification of Origin. I feel like with the sale tax payment the state of Kansas should name a new bridge after me! Favorite Movie reference for my Tag. Plus, named the car Einstein. From the white hair and/or the Back to Future movie dog name. Plan was to move this Tag onto a CyberTruck some day.

Congrats! Love the reference, very clever! I went with "DELTA T", an ode to my academic/professional background and changing times. Sadly, no car to attach it to :)

Reactions: AT88MPH
It makes me feel like we're just who gets the rejected cars to make up end of quarter sales. The worst part is i'm going to be out of town from 9/20 and I'm going to have to hope my dad can pick up the car. Hes also on the registration but I may have to prepare a power of attorney before I leave.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I don’t want a rushed to deliver car. Especially since we’ve waited this long already! If it makes you feel any better: from a source that works at the factory: most days they’re just sitting around waiting for parts, so there’s not a lot of rushing going on. Many days they ask him to not come in and/or leave early.

quick feeler, not sure if this appropriate for this forum.
I received my LR AWD 3 weeks ago, and it is an amazing car, maybe best I've ever driven, but my lower back is disagreeing with seating position, elect power, maybe primary right foot driving, so I think I may sell if I can get out close to whole. Seems used ones are quite high, any tips from the waiting room on best way to liquidate a 3 week old car with less than 2k miles?

For my other Utah people. I got an update from a person I kept in contact with that works delivery support. I’ve been told that I will be taking delivery next week and having a vin before the end of this week. Really hoping this will be true. I ordered 6/11. She informed me that while the edd can be accurate for most people, it’s not the case for everyone right now. I have a large 20 day gap in my august 12-September 1 date and would point to me not being near a vin, but she assured me that’s not the case even if it’s not more narrow.

Just curious to see how many people in California have a placed an order and are waiting for a VIN. If you don't mind sharing your build details and dates. Hopefully this gives us Cali folks a better insight on delivery. Thank you!
In SoCal. I ordered week of 6/27 Model 3 long range AWD, gray ext, black int, aero 18", autopilot, no FSD. Waiting on VIN with EDD 8/24-9/13

Wow, this is really killing me!
I ordered 7/12, and my EDD is 9/5-9/25, has been for several days, while I see everyone else with similar or later order dates and EDDs for late August early September! Do they send the cars in a slower trucks to Midwestern states? Or is the influence of the big three that powerful in this area?
Anyway, very happy for those who have been getting VINs and have EDDs within a week or two. I can't wait to be there guys!

Just curious to see how many people in California have a placed an order and are waiting for a VIN. If you don't mind sharing your build details and dates. Hopefully this gives us Cali folks a better insight on delivery. Thank you!
Southern California here.....I ordered July 5 - LR AWD, White, 18" aero wheels, no FSD. Still no VIN, though my EDD shows 8/17-9/6

Reactions: thebestiam1
I'm also interested in understanding the pattern. Those who got their VINs, what was the time between the "Get to know your Model 3" email and VIN?
I think that the "Get to know your Model 3" is a new thing. My guess is that it was motivated by the longer lead times and people getting antsy and wanting to cancel their orders and buy other cars. I was on the fence a couple of weeks ago and stopped looking because my EDD finally appeared and it wasn't November. Many people have other stuff going on in their lives and asking them to wait several months for a car is not feasible, no matter how good or cool it is (or both!).

When I went to RSVP, I had choices of dates going into September. My first thought was "so they already know I won't get my car before the last of these chats happens? Otherwise, what's the point of getting to know my car if I have been driving it for a couple of weeks..."

Sorry, long winded answer to say, we don't know yet. The best way to get an idea of trends is to contribute and check The Worksheet. I don't have a link handy, but you can find it by searching this thread.

Keep in mind that the contributions there are far from a statistical random sample, so they are skewed. I spent some time playing with numbers a couple of weeks ago and one thing that stuck in my mind was that since April/May the average time between order and VIN was 39 days. It is probably longer now.

Reactions: m3lad
Got my VIN yesterday. EDD moved to 08/20-08/26

The original order date was in March but the car was ready too soon so I placed it on hold. I took it off hold on June 21st.
Tampa, FL
MSM/White Interior
No FSD
18" Aero Wheels

Dates shifted all the way to late September at one point. About a week ago, the EDD range started closing down from 2 weeks to 9 days, then 8 days, then 7 days, then 6 days, then I got the VIN.

Feels good to know my car actually exists now.
Congrats! I wonder if putting on hold and then resuming is the same as a new order.
I just posted a message about the average time between order and VIN being 39 days for orders in the April/May time frame. You are right on the mark!

Whelp -was supposed to pick my car up tomorrow. It was supposed to be delivered to Spokane on the 6th. Delayed - to be in Spokane today. They called 15 minutes before they closed today to tell me it won't be there till Friday. Scheduled now to pick up on Saturday. Agony. Especially since I took the day off work tomorrow and told everyone they would see it on Thursday - will be pulling up in my Nissan :(

If it makes you feel any better: from a source that works at the factory: most days they’re just sitting around waiting for parts, so there’s not a lot of rushing going on. Many days they ask him to not come in and/or leave early.
Wow, I thought that when my EDD went from non-existent to November to the current one that meant that the US factory was finally operating at full speed. I hope the trickle of parts doesn't stop.

Reactions: scenicroadways
Wow, I thought that when my EDD went from non-existent to November to the current one that meant that the US factory was finally operating at full speed. I hope the trickle of parts doesn't stop.
It's also weird that the performance only has a 4-7 week timeframe. Somehow they have enough parts for that one. Or maybe it just gets so few orders that they can usually always fulfill them easily.

Reactions: Extant