Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a few days of tightening by 1 day, my EDD stayed the same: August 22 - September 01

May 29th order (July 2nd profile completion)

I spoke with an advisor today and he's showing that I should get a VIN within the next week or so, and take delivery on the 31st. Fingers crossed!

Congrats to everyone getting VINs and taking delivery! Definitely living vicariously over here :)
I ordered the same week as you in Houston. Hopefully we both get our cars around the same time! My EDD is showing August 22-Sept 9 right now.

For my other Utah people. I got an update from a person I kept in contact with that works delivery support. I’ve been told that I will be taking delivery next week and having a vin before the end of this week. Really hoping this will be true. I ordered 6/11. She informed me that while the edd can be accurate for most people, it’s not the case for everyone right now. I have a large 20 day gap in my august 12-September 1 date and would point to me not being near a vin, but she assured me that’s not the case even if it’s not more narrow.
Wait really?? That’s so awesome if you take delivery next week!

Reactions: Ssheehan
Yeah she seemed confident in that. I wish I could have her as my actual SA. She genuinely wants to help and even told me to call her at the end of the week if I don’t have a vin so she can figure out what’s going on. I’m willing to bet you have to be getting a VIN this week.
Really hoping this includes a good bit of Utah orders 👀

My EDD start date has consistently moved 1 day to the right every day, so it’s always 2 days away (currently 12th) but the end date has remained August 30th.

Reactions: Ssheehan and Krow
Just curious to see how many people in California have a placed an order and are waiting for a VIN. If you don't mind sharing your build details and dates. Hopefully this gives us Cali folks a better insight on delivery. Thank you!
Ordered on 7/02 and got my loan approved on the same day. Completed everything Tesla asked for. Picking up at Costa Mesa, CA. My EDD has been stuck on 8/17-9/06 for the last 5 days. No vin yet.

It's also weird that the performance only has a 4-7 week timeframe. Somehow they have enough parts for that one. Or maybe it just gets so few orders that they can usually always fulfill them easily.
When I ordered it was showing 7-11 weeks. It's been 32 days from order to VIN, and picking up Friday. I think the LR is probably the most popular model, so it's taking the longest to fulfill.

Yeah she seemed confident in that. I wish I could have her as my actual SA. She genuinely wants to help and even told me to call her at the end of the week if I don’t have a vin so she can figure out what’s going on. I’m willing to bet you have to be getting a VIN this week.
i sure do hope so. if not, i’m gonna pull the trigger and change the color

here’s an updated list of what i bought for my build so far:

Pearl White Model 3 LR AWD w/ aero wheels

-Screen protector
-cup holder insert
-“leaf” filter for the air filter
-aluminum pedals (cause they are so awesome in the performance)
-aero wheel cap (because i’m taking off the original one that’s covering the rim and bolts)
-carbon fiber dashboard cap and the side trim (to cover up the wood)
-carbon fiber spoiler

upgrades when i receive the car:
-window tint (i might stick with the legal 43% all around except for the rear windshield because i might go darker so i don’t get blinded by lifted trucks/SUVs)
-acceleration boost from tesla
-front bumper PPF (maybe hood)

upgrades down the road:
-air ride the car
-change rims
-blue caliper covers

that will be all (hopefully) within the span of 2 years for the upcoming upgrades!

here’s an updated list of what i bought for my build so far:

Pearl White Model 3 LR AWD w/ aero wheels

-Screen protector
-cup holder insert
-“leaf” filter for the air filter
-aluminum pedals (cause they are so awesome in the performance)
-aero wheel cap (because i’m taking off the original one that’s covering the rim and bolts)
-carbon fiber dashboard cap and the side trim (to cover up the wood)
-carbon fiber spoiler

upgrades when i receive the car:
-window tint (i might stick with the legal 43% all around except for the rear windshield because i might go darker so i don’t get blinded by lifted trucks/SUVs)
-acceleration boost from tesla
-front bumper PPF (maybe hood)

upgrades down the road:
-air ride the car
-change rims
-blue caliper covers

that will be all (hopefully) within the span of 2 years for the upcoming upgrades!
Niceee. I got a good bit of accessories while waiting. Screen protector, white wrap for parts of steering wheel, those performance pedals, mud flaps, and some other things I can’t remember off the top of my head.
things I want to do after I get the car:
-window tint maybe 30-35% all around. I don’t want it too dark so the white interior can be seen pretty well.
-put on the rimtrex orbital wheels covers.
-get the car wrapped in Satin key west(let me know what you think about the color)
-do full front end PPF
-ceramic coat the wrap so it can last more than a few years.
-get acceleration boost ofc haha although I’m not sure how long I’ll wait till I get it

Reactions: richieyim
Niceee. I got a good bit of accessories while waiting. Screen protector, white wrap for parts of steering wheel, those performance pedals, mud flaps, and some other things I can’t remember off the top of my head.
-window tint maybe 30-35% all around. I don’t want it too dark so the white interior can be seen pretty well.
-get the car wrapped in Satin key west(let me know what you think about the color)
-do full front end PPF
-get acceleration boost ofc haha although I’m not sure how long I’ll wait till I get it
satin key west looks awesome, i’ll definitely know it’s your car on the road! i might jump the gun and download the acceleration boost on delivery day haha and yes i totally forgot mud flaps, i need to purchase those.

satin key west looks awesome, i’ll definitely know it’s your car on the road! i might jump the gun and download the acceleration boost on delivery day haha and yes i totally forgot mud flaps, i need to purchase those.
I remember you saying that guy claimed the car would be delivered on the 20th. Since it only takes up to 4-5 days tops for us to get it in Utah, he could still be right if you get your vin this week or next monday. Haha and yeah I heard the mud flaps definitely help with the rock chips on the rockers.

Reactions: richieyim
-do full front end PPF
Omg man I was dead set on getting all new wheels but those rimtrex covers look great. Just watched a couple YouTube videos and you just saved me a bunch of money haha