Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a suggested checklist for delivery day? It's a 3-hour drive for me to pick up my car (when the day finally comes), so I'd like to make sure I don't drive off without something I'm going to need the next day.

For example, I don't have a Tesla charger, so I will need to make sure I have a J1772 adapter. Or, any extra but useful things that I might want to pick up while I'm at the service center?

Well for those thinking of getting an inventory car and paying to have it transported, beware. My car was to be in Spokane on the 6th, then the 10th, 13th and now the 18th. I called to see what the hold up is and the card is still in its original location (Costa Mesa) and hasn't moved. They apparently just keep giving me dates and setting up appointments and the person I talked to had no clue if / when it would actually ever get to Spokane. I either just wait (how long?) and is the car just sitting outside somewhere??? Or release it and start a new order. I already have insurance on it, my financing is done and my first payment may be made before I ever get it. And on the 21st I will no longer have a car at all as mine is going to be sold that day. Again, customer service is greatly lacking.

Update - we went over to the Spokane store this morning to get our loaner they offered. I was worried they would think me a Karen after my frustrations. They could NOT have been nicer about everything. We thanked them profusely for letting us take a car until we get ours and they said "It was easy to do the right thing". We have an extended 'test drive' until our car arrives. It is a 2021 white long range with 252 miles on it. We literally drove it all day long. It is a dream - we enjoyed every single thing about it. I am an IT professional and the display and the functions on it are so completely intuitive. Everything just makes sense. My 14-30 adapter was to arrive today - but didn't so after driving all day I took it to our local Super charger - it took 20 minutes in A/C comfort in the car to charge it back to 80% which was amazing. I cannot wait to get mine and I am so grateful that the Spokane store is taking care of me - since my car seems to be in limbo.

Update - we went over to the Spokane store this morning to get our loaner they offered. I was worried they would think me a Karen after my frustrations. They could NOT have been nicer about everything. We thanked them profusely for letting us take a car until we get ours and they said "It was easy to do the right thing". We have an extended 'test drive' until our car arrives. It is a 2021 white long range with 252 miles on it. We literally drove it all day long. It is a dream - we enjoyed every single thing about it. I am an IT professional and the display and the functions on it are so completely intuitive. Everything just makes sense. My 14-30 adapter was to arrive today - but didn't so after driving all day I took it to our local Super charger - it took 20 minutes in A/C comfort in the car to charge it back to 80% which was amazing. I cannot wait to get mine and I am so grateful that the Spokane store is taking care of me - since my car seems to be in limbo.
Glad they finally came through for you. It's pretty exciting to hear about someone's first time experience with the car. I can't wait for my first day.
Hope you get your new car soon!

Reactions: ellingmel
image.jpg
image.jpg

Congrats! I hope we start seeing lots of VINs for July orders this week.
I was getting pretty excited with a narrowing EDD window starting on 8/29, but this morning it reverted to 9/4-9/24 😞
Perhaps my squirrel overexerted itself with the two week window...
It seems like July orders will start seeing VINS soon. Now I’m interested in the EDD game once you have a VIN. Should be interesting.

About how long or how often does the Edd change after you get a VIN? I had it set for the 23rd of August but it’s jumped to the 26th and way into September. Seems very strange it would change so much after VIN. Anyone know?
It changes quite a bit, your best bet is to reach out to your pickup service center and they would have a better visibility into when your car will arrive.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: K5TRX