Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bay Area, CA Ordered 07/31 M3LR, Blue/Black, Aero, No FSD
Date Range has been holding at Sept 12-30 for over a week now

Anyone in the Bay Area know if Tesla is still offering home delivery? My buddy who bought a model y last year got it delivered to his house was hoping they still had that option.
I ordered August 6th (M3LR, Red/Black, Aero, No FSD) in the Bay Area and I have had a similar EDD for a while now!

Bay Area, CA Ordered 07/31 M3LR, Blue/Black, Aero, No FSD
Date Range has been holding at Sept 12-30 for over a week now

Anyone in the Bay Area know if Tesla is still offering home delivery? My buddy who bought a model y last year got it delivered to his house was hoping they still had that option.
Exact same configuration ordered 6/23 and my EDD is technically later than yours (September 15-30).

What a lottery.

That is super weird, seems to be a complete lottery. Did you say you were going to pay cash and finish all the insurance requirements pretty quickly too? I'm wondering if that does make a difference at all.

so because I was intending to finance third party and the SA told me on 6/23 to expect my car in september, I did not complete my Payment method since EDD was beyond 60 days much less 30 days and my SA said this is ok at the time. my EDD was blank or said november for the majority of the time here until recently as detailed below. I thought everything was ok because in the first week after placing the order, I did technically see an end of july EDD that disappeared pretty quickly.

After reading forums and reddit, I reached out to clarify on 8/3 saying I had heard these comments/rumours that people put down cash and change to financing later to complete their VIN. My SA responded with the following:

"VIN assignment priority is based on completion of the steps in your account – so if you put down cash as your payment method then your account is considered complete.

You can switch it over to financing at a later point if you’d like – keep in mind that credit applications may take time to approve, and that some lenders don’t operate on weekends or have different hours, so it may postpone your completion of your account, in push out your delivery or getting your VIN reassigned.

My recommendation is to complete it if you are planning on paying in full or financing through our partnered lenders, but if you are planning to finance through your self-arranged lender, then I would recommend holding off on that. "

I had a conversation with another redditor and they reached out to their SA and received the exact opposite response that it doesn't matter. I just shrugged, and went with the safe route. I immediately changed it to cash and the day after I received a september 14-september 30 EDD and it has remained there all this time. I would not say this is indicative of anything unfortunately because I coincidentally filled everything out the day before a lot of people's novembers changed to an actual EDD. That or updating my profile fixed everyone else's EDD in which case y'all better thank me :D

Getting closer! Estimated Delivery: August 19 - August 25

5/27 Order | 7/2 Profile Completion | 8/13 VIN

Exterior: White
Interior: White
Wheels: Aero
FSD: No

Does anyone know how long it takes to build them? Curious if mine was actually built on Friday the 13th 😳
According to my delivery center, mine was made the day I got my VIN (yesterday) and is just waiting to be loaded on a truck, so assuming that is accurate then maybe yours is built too? 😅

Reactions: frostm3 and Gtp618