Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm beginning to think I need to change my picture to a squirrel. I've been on the same timeline for 10 days now. For people new to the thread, my experience:
  • Order date: July 28
  • Initial EDD: November
  • (9 days later) August 6th EDD updated to Sept 7 - Sept 30
  • (12 days later) August 18th EDD updated to Sept 14 - Sept 30
  • (10 days later) aka today - no change

Reactions: c00sebookpro
I'm beginning to think I need to change my picture to a squirrel. I've been on the same timeline for 10 days now. For people new to the thread, my experience:
Yeah, I have been at the same EDD (9/16-9/30) for over a week now as well. I am really hoping to get a VIN next week but it will probably be the week after that at the earliest.

Looks pretty standard for California. Someone earlier got a VIN today. They ordered 9 July. I’m hoping I get mine in 10-14 days.

Updating when it changes

Ordered 7/27 LR/White/White/19
8/4 EDD 9/6-9/26
8/7 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/11 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/13 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/16 EDD 9/14-9/30
8/17 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/18 EDD 9/15-9/30
8/19 EDD 9/14-9/30

looks a little familiar. Thanks for posting your journey

I'm in the same boat... in NC, ordered 7/25 with EDD 9/5-9/17. Has been steady for a week so I was hoping I'd see a VIN by now.

I did order white seats, have seen some rumors that might be delaying things?
Ordered white seats as well. Placed order on July 20th and my EDD is 9/14-9/30. It changed once from the end of Oct at first. Has not changed once since I went to Sept. White seats really causing such a delay?

Well I am excited for all of you getting your vins and cars. My saga continues. Delivery to Spokane was 8/6, 8/10, 8/13, 8/18, 8/20, 8/23, 8/26, 8/27 and 8/28. Yesterday I was told the truck was 200 miles from Spokane. My appointment was for 5:00 pm. At 3 I texted them to see if we were on for 5. Nope. This time - "the truck is on its last legs and is crawling". Why is my $50,000 car on a truck that is on its last legs? So they say 'we'll talk to you next week' I really just want to cancel and regroup at this point. I'll buy a gas car (cheap) and then maybe revisit next year or something - but my husband wants me to hang in there. I have taken time off work, sold my car, paying the loan and insurance on a car I don't have. And get told DAILY that the car will be here -

Ordered white seats as well. Placed order on July 20th and my EDD is 9/14-9/30. It changed once from the end of Oct at first. Has not changed once since I went to Sept. White seats really causing such a delay?
things are looking up... I got my VIN this morning, EDD now Sept 8th-14th, and a couple more white interior squirrels got their VINs recently. Would think you'll see something very soon

So.... Tesla in Fremont just called me saying that my vehicle was ready for delivery today... I just got the VIN and Tesla Vision this AM. They can only hold it till 9/1. Might let someone get a fantastic deal on my current car if they pick it up today HAHA. Dammit, I wish they sent the VIN at least a week in advance, this is excited but frustrating at the same time.
Wow! VIN and delivery available same day? Hopefully this means they’ve started the local quarter end deliveries. I ordered 7/16 LR white on black. Current EDD is 29th - 7th and no VIN still. Fingers crossed.

things are looking up... I got my VIN this morning, EDD now Sept 8th-14th, and a couple more white interior squirrels got their VINs recently. Would think you'll see something very soon

Sold my 2019 white LR for $46,000 today. Put in an order for a red with 19inch wheels and white interior this afternoon (we got white because that is what my wife wanted. Then she wanted her own Tesla so we got her a Y. I'm not a fan of white so wanted to get the car I wanted)

Anyway I keep seeing posts about a squirrel, so figured I'd see what it does for a new order haha

Reactions: NotUniqueEnoug
I ordered mine on 8/7 and been stuck at 9/14 - 9/30 since then and i'm close to the fremont factory in the bay area.

Definitely seems that way. Gonna be interesting to see what happens this week

Please post when you get the vin and delivery day. I am interested to see how this plays out for us ca people
Edd chaned on Tuesday to 8/28-9/6. Today is 8/28. Still no VIN. Tesla hates Californians.

Yes I will definitely update you all. Still no change today.

Well I am excited for all of you getting your vins and cars. My saga continues. Delivery to Spokane was 8/6, 8/10, 8/13, 8/18, 8/20, 8/23, 8/26, 8/27 and 8/28. Yesterday I was told the truck was 200 miles from Spokane. My appointment was for 5:00 pm. At 3 I texted them to see if we were on for 5. Nope. This time - "the truck is on its last legs and is crawling". Why is my $50,000 car on a truck that is on its last legs? So they say 'we'll talk to you next week' I really just want to cancel and regroup at this point. I'll buy a gas car (cheap) and then maybe revisit next year or something - but my husband wants me to hang in there. I have taken time off work, sold my car, paying the loan and insurance on a car I don't have. And get told DAILY that the car will be here -
That’s a terrible experience you have but hang in there. Once you spend one day in your Tesla you’ll have no idea how you almost bought another gas car.

I was pretty similar with a long period of no change and then the next update gave me my VIN and a much narrower window. Hang in there.

Now that I have a VIN and tentative arrival date at the delivery center, I figured I'd share my EDD history for anyone that's trying to speculate on their own timelines.

Order date - July 26, estimated delivery of November
From time of order through Aug 4: 'November'
Aug 4 and 5th: Aug 28 - Sep 17 (20 days)
Aug 6 - 13: Aug 29 - Sep 18 (20 days)
Aug 14-15: Aug 28 - Sep 17 (20 days)
Aug 16: Aug 29 - Sep 17 (19 days)
Aug 17: Aug 30 - Sep 17 (18 days)
Aug 18: Sep 2 - 19 (17 days)
Aug 19-20: Sep 2 - 18 (16 days)
Aug 21-26: Sep 4 - 16 (12 days)
Aug 26: Called main Tesla number, spoke to SA via option for new car delivery, and was informed I was scheduled for a VIN that day. EDD disappears from account
Aug 27: Called again, told VIN for that day or following day. EDD still missing entirely from account
Aug 28: Woke up to no VIN or EDD. VIN showed up at ~10:30AM Central. Car expected to arrive at delivery center ~Sep 3rd.

33 days from order to VIN.

Picked up my M3 this afternoon. Had the seemingly usual sunken in rear door handles and the drivers front aero cover does not stay on great. Otherwise, seems to be perfect. Ordered 7/6, picked up 8/28 so right in my original 7-11 week window. This next month will no doubt see a lot of y’all taking delivery too and if this is your first Tesla, it’s worth any headaches and waiting your going through.
B759CC3F-2EC3-4C35-AC15-2AD0E9AF0414.jpeg