Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, new to the club, in Edinburgh, Scotland. I ordered a Model 3 Long Range late September via a leasing company, awaiting a delivery date at present - is this likely to be the refreshed model?

Hello fellow newbie,

There's a good chance it'll be refreshed, but you won't be able to tell for sure until you have VIN number.

You probably want to look at the the two UK forums for deliveries Model 3 Orders and Deliveries and shipping 2020 Shipping Movements many of the questions you will think of in the coming days have probably already been answered there.

First three ships with UK stock are expected to arrive at Southampton 13th November, 20th and 25th so you won't be able to take delivery of a refreshed model before about the last week of November in Scotland, mostly the timing depends on when Tesla built and shipped examples of your specification.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clip and congrats!! Your the first person I have heard of in the US to have taken delivery.
Couple of questions I have seen in the posts and have myself.
1. Heated steering wheel?
2. Is there access to the area under the phone charger? JEDA has a great hub to use for dashcam that used to mount under the phone charger and I was wondering if there is access to the USB ports.
Granted there is now access in the glove box but inquiring minds want to know.
3. Could you confirm gasket at the rear trunk now has weep holes for drainage?
Thanks

Thanks for the clip and congrats!! Your the first person I have heard of in the US to have taken delivery.
Couple of questions I have seen in the posts and have myself.
1. Heated steering wheel?
2. Is there access to the area under the phone charger? JEDA has a great hub to use for dashcam that used to mount under the phone charger and I was wondering if there is access to the USB ports.
Granted there is now access in the glove box but inquiring minds want to know.
3. Could you confirm gasket at the rear trunk now has weep holes for drainage?
Thanks
This is not my car. I just found this on YT and wanted to share :)
Per his answers to comments/questions steering wheel is not heated.

NO not yet.. thinking of going through SFCU since they have a low rate. What financing options are you planning to go through?

my current plan is to:
- get a quote through tesla financing and hope it's somehow less than 2.49% (my credit is 800+)
- get a quote through SFCU (already their customer since a few years, but haven't really used anything there in the last 2 years, so I do not qualify anymore for the "ambassador" membership which gives you the 1% discount off the APR (2.49%-1%=1.49%) and I'm not sure if I wanna go through the hassle and reroute my paycheck to SFCU in order to qualify...

my current plan is to:
- get a quote through tesla financing and hope it's somehow less than 2.49% (my credit is 800+)
- get a quote through SFCU (already their customer since a few years, but haven't really used anything there in the last 2 years, so I do not qualify anymore for the "ambassador" membership which gives you the 1% discount off the APR (2.49%-1%=1.49%) and I'm not sure if I wanna go through the hassle and reroute my paycheck to SFCU in order to qualify...
Can Tesla give you lower than a 2.49%? I also have 800+ credit and am wondering

Can Tesla give you lower than a 2.49%? I also have 800+ credit and am wondering
yeah it happens as far as I read in some threads here. Also Tesla apparently usually can match any rate from other lendors. So if you get the 1.49% in writing from SFCU you may get Tesla to match it (altho not sure what loan through Tesla has as advantage, except for the convience, which one "practically" already gives up if one gets multiple quotes and does a rate matching).
My goal is to get 2% or less.

i really wanted to finance through Tesla, but they sent me to JP Morgan.

I think that's normal. As far as I read from all the threads here Tesla never directly finances but instead works together with a bunch of partner banks. In your case they set you up with JP Morgan which is one of their partners. Tesla Financing is basically just acting like a Tinder to get you a loan match.

Tesla does not loan money yet partner with US Bank, Harris, JPM, Wells to name a few. I asked to see if they could do better and got 2.35/72 on MY and M3. Can never hurt to ask them to comparison shop it for you but be aware it may cause several pulls (might not - depends on how it's done) on your credit if that matters to you. Hard pulls have a low effect on score and typically bounces up a month or so later.