Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be a dumb question but I ordered the LR on 2/15 and I have temporary driving license and looks like I have to wait for 6-8 weeks to get actual license via mail, is it okay to use temporary when the vehicle gets delivered?

Fremont, Bay Area; Still waiting for the VIN, Estimated dates 14 - 31 March

And do they then remove $10k from the price as well?
I’m sure they do. The FSD is just a software update, and all Teslas likely have it installed, just inactivated until you pay up. Easy for them to select a switch and turn it off. Tesla does its best to standardize whenever it can, and control everything with software. That’s why every Tesla comes with the full FSD hardware installed, hoping to encourage you to impulse buy it later.

Currently drive a 2018 tacoma. Average about 18mpg and have a 90 mile round trip commute :( gas is $4 now in my area

This is making me feel a lot better about my decision to go with a Tesla. I wanted to get a truck, but the cost to own is significantly higher than a Tesla based on my numbers. Instead, I'm going to get a hitch and a small trailer to use with the Tesla.

same order as I have...Did you do financing through tesla? I can't because Michigan. I had to go through several credit unions.
I did do mine through Tesla. But I was "Conditionally Approved" so I have to sell or trade-in my current car and upload documents to get accepted for my loan. I am currently selling my car through Vroom since they offered $2.5k more than Tesla did and I should have it all complete by next Tuesday. I wonder if not having it complete is what is holding us back.

Strange … yesterday my dates were 13th - 31st of March. Checked this morning, and no dates show at all now. Has anyone else had this happen?
My account was blank/didn’t even have EDD section basically from 1/16 (order date) until about 2 weeks ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drove me crazy checking this thread because everyone else had dates but ordered after me

This might be a dumb question but I ordered the LR on 2/15 and I have temporary driving license and looks like I have to wait for 6-8 weeks to get actual license via mail, is it okay to use temporary when the vehicle gets delivered?

Fremont, Bay Area; Still waiting for the VIN, Estimated dates 14 - 31 March

I ran into the same problem with my Ohio license my service advisor told me to upload the temporary and they can update it later

• Informative
Reactions: redcap7