Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very weird that some people are reporting ordering a car, getting a VIN and a delivery date in a week, while others waiting months for theirs.

I ordered 3/26/21 and got my VIN exactly one week later on 4/2/21. I order completely stock....White/Black/Aeros. I don't put a ton of miles on my cars so I buy a car about once per decade and keep it. I have extended that with my current car, a 2004 BMW 3 series....so I am due for an upgrade. I can't wait. The Model 3 acceleration is just silly.

After hearing the stories about Tesla scrambling to ship cars at the end of quarters, I debated waiting until April to hopefully avoid getting a car that was slapped together in a rush. It would be a pain if I didn't get the car by June 1, so I decided to pull the trigger end of March thinking I could reject it if it had big issues. Now that I see the wait times for new orders just a week later, I am glad I did.

For people paying cash, are you going to pay in advance or take a certified check? Again, with all the initial quality stories, I am hesitant to prepay. The idea of a car being delivered not 100% perfect is foreign to me...perhaps I am overthinking it.

N
Delivery on 3/26, received update within 24 hrs of connecting to WIFI.
Nice
I ordered 3/26/21 and got my VIN exactly one week later on 4/2/21. I order completely stock....White/Black/Aeros. I don't put a ton of miles on my cars so I buy a car about once per decade and keep it. I have extended that with my current car, a 2004 BMW 3 series....so I am due for an upgrade. I can't wait. The Model 3 acceleration is just silly.

After hearing the stories about Tesla scrambling to ship cars at the end of quarters, I debated waiting until April to hopefully avoid getting a car that was slapped together in a rush. It would be a pain if I didn't get the car by June 1, so I decided to pull the trigger end of March thinking I could reject it if it had big issues. Now that I see the wait times for new orders just a week later, I am glad I did.

For people paying cash, are you going to pay in advance or take a certified check? Again, with all the initial quality stories, I am hesitant to prepay. The idea of a car being delivered not 100% perfect is foreign to me...perhaps I am overthinking it.
you are lucky to get it that quick.

My suggestion for payment is to wait until you look the car over.
If you pay and reject the car refunds can take several weeks.

I ordered 3/26, and on 4/1 received a delivery estimate of 6/8 - 6/28. But this morning I got a call from Tesla saying they matched my order to one in the area, and will I be available for deliver on 4/7? Heck Yeah! Although at this point I'm a little nervous in the "seems too good to be true" sense. He assured me it's new, said it was built 3/24 and the odometer says 5mi. But I've got a VIN now.

Ordered on 3/21 for delivery via direct carrier to Alaska, USA. Got 2 VIN matches that were pulled from us. Now delivery estimate is June. Hoping that it won't actually take until June to get the car.

Model 3 - LR - AWD - Deep Blue - Black interior - Aero Wheels.

Seams like getting Teslas delivered to Alaska is a huge pain. Thinking about flying down to Seattle to pick it up and put it on the ship myself.

Reactions: tstolze
Ordered 4/1, delivery estimate in June.
Told my sales associate I need it sooner. I think what I ordered was cookie cutter......White ext, black int, LR-AWD, msrp at $46,990. I see 3 of them in inventory on the west coast, none on East coast.
This is Easter weekend, so perhaps no updates to Inventory will occur until after the holiday.

Ordered on 3/21 for delivery via direct carrier to Alaska, USA. Got 2 VIN matches that were pulled from us. Now delivery estimate is June. Hoping that it won't actually take until June to get the car.

Model 3 - LR - AWD - Deep Blue - Black interior - Aero Wheels.

Seams like getting Teslas delivered to Alaska is a huge pain. Thinking about flying down to Seattle to pick it up and put it on the ship myself.
Huh. That's the build that I ordered, that they called me about this morning and said, basically, "we just found one".

Huh. That's the build that I ordered, that they called me about this morning and said, basically, "we just found one".
Sure sounds like the one they just pulled from us 😂

I’m sure it will be fine eventually it’s just their sales team has told us different information from different people. We went and got financing lined up and made a down payment based on them and now we have to wait.

Wrote a personal check and took it with me day of. I called first to make sure my SC accepted a personal check. I don’t think all SCs accept them.

Took delivery on 3/27 and it is time bid farewell to this group. Yesterday I took what I call ‘re-delivery ‘ of my car. It came with a faulty navigation system that placed my car in California and cameras that would not calibrate for autopilot. It took a few days to fix but finally yesterday it all came together. Home charging has been great and I’m looking forward to an upcoming road trip later this month to Oregon. For those in the queue may the VIN gods be in your favor.

Attachments

• 212C392F-4D29-419C-B7B0-8E5D71562C9C.jpeg
    212C392F-4D29-419C-B7B0-8E5D71562C9C.jpeg
    1,022.5 KB · Views: 96
  • FF5F01EF-E08F-4BF0-A70B-94B295005C3A.jpeg
    FF5F01EF-E08F-4BF0-A70B-94B295005C3A.jpeg
    850 KB · Views: 55
Ordered 4/1, delivery estimate in June.
Told my sales associate I need it sooner. I think what I ordered was cookie cutter......White ext, black int, LR-AWD, msrp at $46,990. I see 3 of them in inventory on the west coast, none on East coast.
This is Easter weekend, so perhaps no updates to Inventory will occur until after the holiday.
I'm in the same boat...or cargo ship. Pulled the trigger on my M3LR on 3/31, but no VIN yet and estimate of 8-12 weeks for delivery. I actually ordered the car back in January but put it on hold while I run out my current daily driver lease. Now wish I hadn't waited....

ordered 4/1, showing 6/1-6/30. I most likely will want to stall delivery until atleast July if possible. Do I fill out the Cash/Lease/financing information yet, or just continue to ignore the delay email reminders to finish completing that information? I already did the address, registration/license info, but this step seems more I will most likely purchase the vehicle and opt for the financing through tesla's site. If I select the finance option, can I revisit and adjust it again later? Any insight is appreciated.

ordered 4/1, showing 6/1-6/30. I most likely will want to stall delivery until atleast July if possible. Do I fill out the Cash/Lease/financing information yet, or just continue to ignore the delay email reminders to finish completing that information? I already did the address, registration/license info, but this step seems more I will most likely purchase the vehicle and opt for the financing through tesla's site. If I select the finance option, can I revisit and adjust it again later? Any insight is appreciated.
If you delay until after June, your delivery will go to late August or September... just thought I make sure you are aware of that.
I would get everything complete and let your Sales Advisor know the earliest date you would accept delivery, they will likely put your order on hold until July 1st.