Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got another slight right shift today. My first window was Jun 14-30, moved up to June 9-24, now showing June 11-30. I was hoping for more left shift so I could take it out of town next weekend, but I know that was overly optimistic. I'll keep being patient and try not to buy *ALL* the accessories! :D

Since my SC is closed today, did that Tesla chat and looks like my Model 3 is still in transit and hence no text to schedule delivery. Asked if they showed a better ETA, but all they could say was the one on the manage page the best they saw.

Overnight my dates tightened up to June 11-19th. Yesterday it was June 10-20th, and Friday it was 7-10 Weeks.

Dallas Texas, Ordered Black/Black Aero Wheels No FSD on April 21st
Exact same order / exact order date / and this morning the dates tightened to June 11-19th.
This should confirm that the black / black configuration is problem the last one built before people with performance start receiving their orders.

Reactions: TaylorTMusic
Got another slight right shift today. My first window was Jun 14-30, moved up to June 9-24, now showing June 11-30. I was hoping for more left shift so I could take it out of town next weekend, but I know that was overly optimistic. I'll keep being patient and try not to buy *ALL* the accessories! :D
Looks like we are tracking pretty close honestly ... exact same config and I just ordered a week or so after you. Like you I am hoping for a surprise in the coming week!

Reactions: masaokun
Question about the 3 day / 100 mile "report any issues" window.

My only options are to go to Mt Kisco, NY to pickup the car and drive it home (385 miles) or have it transported to me ($750 cost).

I don't necessarily mind the drive but now that I'm reading about the 100 mile limit to report issues I'm wondering how that would work.
I have this issue as well. I'm thinking I'm going to have to drive it around town a bit rather than just immediately getting on the highway.

Not sure if anybody else has this scenario but I got the tesla vision message yesterday. Then found VIN in source code. VIN hasn't popped up on the actual account page yet nor do I have any documents other than the order summary, however delivery is scheduled at Kitchener SC for 6/6. No one has contacted me yet and I didn't get any say on delivery time or day.

Original order: 4/13 - MSM/Black, Aero, SR+
Change order: 5/16 - LR AWD

Same thing happened to me. Tesla vision message popped up Friday night, then found the VIN in source code. But it still doesn't show on my Tesla page. But I did call my Tesla dealer, read them the VIN...they verified it. They also told me my car is being delivered to their dealer May 4th, and to arrange pick up for May 5th.

Your ordering a 50k car to be BUILT for you. And you are ordering it online and not at a dealership. I would think a 1-3 month wait "SHOULD" be expected. I dont care how Ford, Dodge, etc all do it. I would never expect to order a car to be built for me and expect it in a week lol. The SA's should have more info sure, but at the end of the day... ONCE you get the car, you will fall in love with it for a reason. Were all just excited and it makes the waiting SUCK. But people complaining about waiting a couple months I believe is a little rediculous.
I think you're overstating the "built for you" custom part. It's like In N Out, you have the option of a burger, a fries, a drink, and a shake. You can make some minor modifications, extra patties, mix flavors in the shake, but there's nothing special about the customizations that would mean they couldn't have them in stock, and in normal times they would just match you to what's available. The only reason it's 1-3 months is because their supply chain isn't keeping up with demand.

Reactions: Area52
I think you're overstating the "built for you" custom part. It's like In N Out, you have the option of a burger, a fries, a drink, and a shake. You can make some minor modifications, extra patties, mix flavors in the shake, but there's nothing special about the customizations that would mean they couldn't have them in stock, and in normal times they would just match you to watch's available. The only reason it's 1-3 months is because their supply chain isn't keeping up with demand.
Yeah, there are plenty of other car companies that have way more options for customization as well

Reactions: cjxmtn
My EDD slid to the right overnight, was 6/18 - 6/30, moved up to 6/11 - 6/30 for a few days, and now back to 6/18 - 6/30.

For those of you frustrated with the Tesla buying experience, the legacy manufacturers are not any better. Allow me to share an anecdote from a recent experience with Ford. My current F-150 lease matures on 6/25, and the dealer started bugging me non-stop to come in to the dealership mid-March, ostensibly to review my lease-end options and inspect the truck; dealer-speak for getting me to buy/lease a new car. I went in for a visit the last week in March to check out the Mach-E and a few other options I might be interested in, this would prove to be an excercise in frustration.

Mach-E - All the order slots are filled for the launch-edition, they offered to accept a non-refundable deposit to secure a car somewhere between 2022 and 2023. They had the first two customer orders on the lot, refused to even let me look at them to determine if my dog would fit in the back. It was clear they had zero interest in selling me a Mach-E.

Bronco - All the order slots are filled through 2023, would not even accept a deposit to place an order. I was told the launch-edition trucks had not begun to be produced due to parts shortages, and the first customer orders were not likely to be delivered until mid-2022. (This means the first customer orders would be waiting ~2 years to get theirs!)

Bronco Sport - Only base-models on the lot, any upper-trim models had to be ordered. Again, offered to accept a non-refundable deposit to place an order that would maybe arrive in 3-5 months. Demanded I agree to pay $2500 over MSRP before placing an order.

F-150 (recently refreshed model) - No Platinum or Lariat trim tucks on the lot, not even a demo truck. Offered to let me place a non-refundable deposit down on an order that might be delivered in 6-9 months, again due to parts shortages. They did offer to sell me a demo XLT trim truck they had on the lot for $8k over MSRP.

They would not have been able to get me any of the above four options prior to my lease maturing and had less firm order delivery dates than Tesla does. They pretty much made it impossible for me to buy a car from them, even had I wanted to. Compared to Ford, the Tesla buying experience has been a pleasure! Apologies for the wall of text, but I hope my experience comforts those here frustrated waiting for their M3s and thinking the legacy manufacturers are any better.

I took delivery yesterday of my M3 LR AWD, Midnight Grey, Aero Wheels, White interior. I placed my order Mar 12 with FSD.

Note:
I removed FSD on Thursday and got a notification on Friday morning that my car was ready. I purchased FSD this morning. This is great because my tax documents moving forward are $11,000 less than they were before.

I am in the Seattle area.

Mach-E - All the order slots are filled for the launch-edition, they offered to accept a non-refundable deposit to secure a car somewhere between 2022 and 2023. They had the first two customer orders on the lot, refused to even let me look at them to determine if my dog would fit in the back. It was clear they had zero interest in selling me a Mach-E.

You might just have a bad dealer on that one, I actually had a Mach-E on order and recently decided on the M3 instead. They cancelled my order right away and refunded the deposit

After reading this post I did the same thing. Opened live chat on the website to see what’s going on. My delivery date was May 31-July 11th. The person told me I should expect a VIN soon and delivery June 1-4! I checked this morning and my estimate is back to

After reading this post I did the same thing. Opened live chat on the website to see what’s going on. My delivery date was May 31-July 11th. The person told me I should expect a VIN soon and delivery June 1-4! I checked this morning and my estimate is back to June 11-30th 🤦🏽‍♂️
So I have a VIN and have paid, but the delivery center told me the car is still in production. I have a tentative date for next Sat, but "that could change". The roller coaster continues for maybe another week!