Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 5/1 and I think I've only seen the one AZ VIN so far. The rest should come shortly. When I woke up to that email this morning I thought for sure it was my turn. Then I came here and all my dreams were crushed. There's always tomorrow I suppose.
Ordered 5/9. Definitely feel your pain. One of these days the EDD range won’t have any room to shift to the right lol

• Funny
Reactions: JoJa15
QQ --- is there any definitive information on how long it takes to produce an m3 start to finish? just factory time, no ordering, paperwork etc.
Found this article when I was wondering about the same thing a month or so ago. This is just for the assembly line putting all the parts together.

Got my Vin guys!!! White on white sport wheels FSD. Order date 5/5 bay area Vallejo CA delivery. I did get the email to process final payment this morning with a delivery date of 9-13 weeks!!! Note: I'm also trading in my SR in my photo, not sure if that speeds things up.
Anecdotally looking at the order spreadsheet it seems more likely that someone who ordered FSD will get their car before someone without FSD.

Let me know how your delivery goes! I will be picking up from the same location. You ordered 8 days before me. I am hoping that I get my VIN in the next 8 days.

• Informative
Reactions: akambience
Not going to lie. Getting more and more discouraged about this whole process. Seeing people in the Bay Area get their VINs before me and I order a month before just doesn't make sense to me.
I totally feel for you. Stay strong. Hopefully you will be getting your VIN soon! I would think an April order would definitely get a VIN before the end of June.

Reactions: M3LRRoadTrips
Well, just got the “our mistake” email from Tesla.

Earlier today you may have received an email from Tesla labeled “Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment.” Please disregard this email as it was sent in error. You will be able to submit final payment once your VIN is assigned and final agreements are available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to get you behind the wheel of your Tesla as soon as possible. We will contact you with next steps as soon as you have been assigned a VIN.

Best regards,

Tesla Order Support

Anecdotally looking at the order spreadsheet it seems more likely that someone who ordered FSD will get their car before someone without FSD.

Let me know how your delivery goes! I will be picking up from the same location. You ordered 8 days before me. I am hoping that I get my VIN in the next 8 days.
I added the FSD as a last minute add on before I paid the final balance today, so the VIN was assigned before hand. Vallejo is a new Tesla location, I haven’t been there just yet but ill let you know how it goes.

I think they ship in batches, I don’t know how true my findings are and also idk how true the vins being assigned at start of production to customers
I've heard they either assign VINs after production or when they get loaded onto transport trucks. The truth could really be anywhere in between.

Unrelated, has anyone noticed all the inventory M3s in Europe? It appears there are about 578 unsold ones there vs 60 in the US. Not sure why they made so many cars for Europe when they can't even make enough for here.