Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most states can't complete insurance until we get the VIN and Delivery date, like here in Colorado I just now completed my insurance now that I scheduled my delivery.

I don't think not having the insurance completed would impact anything, at least until delivery day
That's what I thought too. Having spoken to my SA, they told me to complete the finance to complete my profile. Never been told about insurance.

Reactions: stEVe91941
Although I've never done it, I don't think you'd scratch the alloy wheels by removing/adding the plastic aero covers.

The video below shows the removal process with the addition of lug nut covers and center cap.

Although I saw this Aero Wheel Cap Kit on Tesla Shop, I did not see that the lug nut covers and center cap kit was available, which I liked better. So I ordered this kit from Amazon, currently $22.

Also will order these suction cups to remove the center cap if I decide to add the aero wheels back on again.

According to this article from 2017, Tesla's VP of Engineering said the aero wheels can increase efficiency by ~10%.

10% is quite a huge number! I saw a white Model 3 with that kit from Amazon and it looked quite nice. I think I like it better then Tesla's aero wheel cap kit.

Reactions: Ace777
Status
Not open for further replies.