Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it is not, and I wish people would stop perpetuating this myth. Deliveries will still occur in July, but not at the same feverish pace that’s happening right now at the end of the quarter. That’s not to say that yours won’t show up in August, it may, but I doubt many orders from May would see a September delivery that wasn’t intentional from the customer. I saw a perfect match to my configuration with less than 50 miles in existing inventory and almost pulled the trigger. But I'm in no immediate MUST HAVE NOW position, so I held off.
It might be a myth but I was told this was the case by my SA and a person at a SC. so this is why I asked what others have seen. thanks for the info...

I was wondering the same thing. From what I’ve been told from others, they don’t really do deliveries in July. It could be possible in august. I ordered 6/11 and it’s showing July 07-27 as my estimated right now.
I guess we’ll find out soon; my EDD is 7/7-8/6 but I don’t expect to land in the delivery queue until around the start of that, due to the paperwork for my trade-in that’s still in flight…

It might be a myth but I was told this was the case by my SA and a person at a SC. so this is why I asked what others have seen. thanks for the info...
It’s not disrespect to you or whomever told you that information, it’s just misleading information. What they mean to say is there’s a drop off of production between June and July. Operations are continuously running at maximum production at the end of a quarter. Once June ends things will taper down, but they won’t stop. In terms of month-over-month production, it is expected that fewer vehicles will be built and delivered in July than June. The same will happen as the calendar ticks closer to September, production will ramp up to have the strongest possible close for Q3 to try to beat the previous quarter.

It’s not disrespect to you or whomever told you that information, it’s just misleading information. What they mean to say is there’s a drop off of production between June and July. Operations are continuously running at maximum production at the end of a quarter. Once June ends things will taper down, but they won’t stop. In terms of month-over-month production, it is expected that fewer vehicles will be built and delivered in July than June. The same will happen as the calendar ticks closer to September, production will ramp up to have the strongest possible close for Q3 to try to beat the previous quarter.
It's actually everything to do with where Tesla sends cars, and nothing to do with production numbers. In the 1st part of the quarter, they manufacture for overseas. There no to low domestic deliveries during the 1st half of each quarter for this reason.

Tim

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
It's actually everything to do with where Tesla sends cars, and nothing to do with production numbers. In the 1st part of the quarter, they manufacture for overseas. There no to low domestic deliveries during the 1st half of each quarter for this reason.

Tim
That’s only partially true and only for some models. It hasn’t been the case since late last year for the Model 3 due to the Chinese gigafactory ramping up exports back in September. Only a portion of 3s and Ys built in Fremont are earmarked for export, the vast majority are destined for North American delivery.

Ooof i got another call to confirm yet again my delivery for Tuesday. I asked if it’s gonna be sooner and they told me again that it’s in the assembly line. Lmao if they delay it I’m going to die.

I even mentioned that in the event the car needs to be delayed can they please let me know ahead of time so that I don’t take a day off work for nothing, they assured me they will.

That’s only partially true and only for some models. It hasn’t been the case since late last year for the Model 3 due to the Chinese gigafactory ramping up exports back in September. Only a portion of 3s and Ys built in Fremont are earmarked for export, the vast majority are destined for North American delivery.
good info thanks! may I ask how you know this? not trying to discredit at all but you seem well informed and giving me hope lol

Reactions: JoJa15
I have an appointment at my dealer tomorrow(6/28) at 4:00pm, but my SA warned me yesterday when I reached out, to not be super committed as my VIN was showing as pre-production. In other words, yet to be built, loaded, transported, inspected or detailed. Only hope is my 3 hour proximity to Fremont.

We can’t take anything for granted when it comes to dates from Tesla. Reach out to your SA first. I feel for the SAs as they’re stuck putting out the fire. Not to mention, they’re likely fielding hundreds of calls and texts per day. If we go by the date on the website, we might be making several trips…

Ooof i got another call to confirm yet again my delivery for Tuesday. I asked if it’s gonna be sooner and they told me again that it’s in the assembly line. Lmao if they delay it I’m going to die.

I even mentioned that in the event the car needs to be delayed can they please let me know ahead of time so that I don’t take a day off work for nothing, they assured me they will.
I’m still waiting for my delivery confirmation call. Appointment scheduled for tomorrow. So close. Yet so far.

I had to get the credit union listed on the purchase order agreement for them to finalize the loan and give me a check.

So I am back from a horrible experience at the Tesla Scotsdale Raintree SC. All the customers show up asking each other how to proceed when there is a QR type code on a sign that you use to check in, but nobody tells you that. Then I give the guy the check from my lender and he tells me happy trails and I can go receive my car from their website, but the button never shows up and I'm on hold for 10 minutes then another employee said to use the check in again to get help. So it turned out when they call me again they need the check that I already gave them and oh right here it is DOH! They plugged the car in after I first checked in and it at 153 mile range with it only charging at 48 amps so I had to stop in Casa Grande to charge up while we had lunch.
I'm a few pages behind on this forum since I received my car but I had a similar experience at Raintree on Friday.

I showed up and there's Tesla employees running all around but no help to be found. I had everything squared away beforehand so I was able to open my car via the app but found out my car was only charged to 150 miles. Not a huge deal since I'm local but frustrating out of principle. I was also missing my floor mats, so had to hunt someone down to fix. Not sure how those get overlooked.

My car looked mostly fine. One of the door handles were slightly sunk in, not very much. There was some kind of paint/metal problem with a tiny spot on the edge of the front trunk. I don't even know how to describe it but you can feel it and barely see it at certain angles. It looks like the sheet metal was slightly bent and just painted over. The gap around that area is slightly larger too.

Inside all I saw was some messed up door seals at the top of both rear doors, something 90% of people would never notice or even care about. Overall the car isn't in bad shape but not perfect either.

Attachments

• 20210625_180516.jpg
    20210625_180516.jpg
    994.2 KB · Views: 61