Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the Chinese factory has been building Model 3s for mainland China since 2019. Tesla just received authorization to ship export Chinese made Model 3s to the UK and other European countries in September 2020. Q3 would be the first quarter where production is at full capacity, given the semiconductor shortage, since they’ve been able to export Chinese made Model 3s. This was all covered in the Q1 earnings call and reported in the shareholder report. Hence why I’ve been trying to tell anyone who would listen that there’s a great chance that past history (Q3 FY20) does not predict well for Q3 FY21.
Thanks! Now that makes a lot of sense. I ordered on 6/11 and my EDD has stayed between 7/11 - 7/31 all this while and it's still showing the same. So maybe I will get it in July after all!

I ordered white/white on 6/11 and estimated date is sitting at 7/7-7/27. I’ve had a few SA’s tell me things look good to receive a VIN sometime in July. However, most things I read on here says that you’re only gonna get your car at the end of the quarter. I’ve seen some exceptions where some people have gotten in July. Do I just need to get lucky or am I gonna be stuck waiting till September for sure?
Same here. Ordered white/black on 6/11 and EDD has sat at 7/11 - 7/31 (It moved to 7/10 - 7/30 a couple of times but again moved back to 7/11 - 7/31 and is still there). My SA also told me that mid to late July estimated delivery date looks accurate. Let's hope these guys are right!

If I've learned anything this past month, it's that you can never trust your EDD and that you'll get your car when you get it. The biggest piece of advice I can offer (at least from the last 2 weeks), is to look on the existing inventory page regularly for your exact build and see if one shows up. I've seen quite a few people (myself included) pick one of these up ahead of their VIN being issued. Of course, YMMV, but it's worth a shot... Not sure if my case is an anomaly or not, but I locked mine in last Saturday, but it seems others were given priority and mine has still not been transferred to my SC... hopefully by Monday (9 days after VIN). Other than that, just hang out here and enjoy the anxiety with everybody else! Hopefully I'll be graduating soon - especially after I jumped the gun yesterday thinking I was graduating yesterday at Noon... nope!
So did you get a VIN from your original order on 6/26 or did you pick up one from existing inventory?

I ordered white/white on 6/11 and estimated date is sitting at 7/7-7/27. I’ve had a few SA’s tell me things look good to receive a VIN sometime in July. However, most things I read on here says that you’re only gonna get your car at the end of the quarter. I’ve seen some exceptions where some people have gotten in July. Do I just need to get lucky or am I gonna be stuck waiting till September for sure?
At least they are consistent.....I ordered on 6/16 and my EDD currently sits (and has for over a week) at 7/11-7/31, so that month-ish timeframe is consistent for both of us. Now, that doesn't mean they'll actually hit that timeframe, but maybe there's some good reason why we are both looking at that gap between order and supposed delivery window.

Reactions: abub
Seems like most Northeast are Mid July-Early Aug EDD. Hoping they can actually get them delivered then. My EDD for black/black 18” no FSD has been 7/12-8/1 for a couple of days. Anyone have a helpful SA with some information? Mine just told me the EDD on the website is always the most accurate which I’ve heard isn’t true at all

Same here. Ordered white/black on 6/11 and EDD has sat at 7/11 - 7/31 (It moved to 7/10 - 7/30 a couple of times but again moved back to 7/11 - 7/31 and is still there). My SA also told me that mid to late July estimated delivery date looks accurate. Let's hope these guys are right!
Are you working with Rockville or Owin Mills? I ordered 5/27, was told I’d have it mid June. EDD shows 7/9-7/29 currently.

PS- trying the profile pic tribute so hope this helps. 😂

Got mine on 6/30. It's in the shop getting PPF/ceramic and window tint right now. Will take better pictures later.

Overall the experience was pleasant. Ordered on 6/10, EDD started off 2-9 weeks --> 10-14 weeks --> 7/6-7/26 --> 6/28-6/30 --> 6/29 --> 6/30. Really took 20 days from ordered to delivery, really can't complain now seeing some of the folks here with much longer EDD.

I opted for the home delivery method and the car came pretty flawless. The driver literally just drove to the address and left, didn't say anything. All I did was to go into account and click accept and the car will open (then started going through the check list).

Got to enjoy driving the car for 1-2 days before I dropped it off at the shop, but now I gotta wait another week to get my car back 😝

Attachments

• IMG_5091.jpg
    IMG_5091.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 70