Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**TIP TO ANYONE WORRIED ABOUT ANOTHER HARD INQUIRY**

If you have a lot of credit card debt, if you can, pay a good percentage of it off but not all of it. This will lower your credit utilization and if they have to re-pull your credit, hopefully the agency they pull from has updated your higher score since the last time.

PS - don’t look at your credit karma scores, instead look for your FICO auto scores provided by experian.

A tip to anyone that has so much credit card debt that you need to pay it down to get your credit score up to finance a Tesla.. maybe a Tesla isn't the right car for you right now. Get that credit card debt eliminated and stop paying interest.

A tip to anyone that has so much credit card debt that you need to pay it down to get your credit score up to finance a Tesla.. maybe a Tesla isn't the right car for you right now. Get that credit card debt eliminated and stop paying interest.
A lot of people have been worried about a 2nd credit pull, and because it’s not in our hands when the car is delivered it’s a valid concern. So dropping your credit utilization % to under 9% would offset or even improve your score even if they have to re-pull it.

why should we get a higher interest rate on our loans when it’s Tesla dragging their feet?

A lot of people have been worried about a 2nd credit pull, and because it’s not in our hands when the car is delivered it’s a valid concern. So dropping your credit utilization % to under 9% would offset or even improve your score even if they have to re-pull it.

why should we get a higher interest rate on our loans when it’s Tesla dragging their feet?
I'm really not trying to attack you or anyone, I understand everyone has different financial situations. I'm just saying if you're one credit pull from having your interest rate impacted on a car, maybe it's a Tesla isn't the best vehicle right now. I would understand f it was for a home loan or something. I personally wouldn't be buying a brand new Tesla if I was one credit pull away from having my interest rate raised, but that's just me.

I'm really not trying to attack you or anyone, I understand everyone has different financial situations. I'm just saying if you're one credit pull from having your interest rate impacted on a car, maybe it's a Tesla isn't the best vehicle right now. I would understand f it was for a home loan or something. I personally wouldn't be buying a brand new Tesla if I was one credit pull away from having my interest rate raised, but that's just me.
No matter your financial situation, if your credit gets a second inquiry your score will go down. That has nothing to with how much you make. I’m only talking to people whose credit scores are barely good enough for the best rate, and then a 2nd credit pull would put them into a higher APR.

So just that there’s no confusion, yes people that are financially stable won’t have to worry about a second inquiry because even if the score drops it’s not enough to raise their rates.

I mean most financial advisors would say not to buy a new car at all, but here we all are. In fact I heard one say that you should only buy a vehicle with a value of 10% of your gross income. I don’t make anywhere near 500k a year lol. I understand your point, but some people are on the border of credit scoring brackets so a minor change can affect interest rates.

You could literally go to the factory and demand your car be ready for pickup NOW. Maybe they'll give you a car fresh off the line within a few hours :cool: while you're at it, could you pick mine up too?
I got you fam, I'll bring Andrew the squirrel with me

Did your POC conveniently leave out which month? lol
Haha you just made me double check the email, she said the end of this month!

Yeah but you can have a really good credit score but maybe you have a lot hard inquiries but all those account have been paid off or in good standing and are not struggling with your debit and Tesla tacks on another inquiry you shouldn't be punish bc that extra little inquiry could make your interest rate go up 1% and that's a lot in the long run. They last two years it's not about if you can afford it it's about the scam moves that Tesla is pulling by adding hard inquiries. Droppings people's trade in values thousands of dollars for no reason bc the estimate expire because they lack the delivery time they promised to their customers on the phone is a slick slime ball car sales person move and Tesla shouldn't have that image and one reason I have been shorting their stock and have been making a killing off it

• Disagree
Reactions: blkgenius