Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm coming from a Golf R and the Fender was easily the best stock system i've had so far.
I was eyeing the ID.4 too as I wanted to stay in the VW brand, but ended up picking the Model 3 because the sound system was terrible in the ID.4...In addition to a couple other reasons. If VW had brought an ID.3 GTI/R equivalent stateside with a decent sound system, I'd probably have that on order instead.

There is a live Silverstein album I absolutely love, and the Metallica S&M album with the San Francisco Symphony that sounds amazing on the Fender system, but down right disappointing in the ID.4.

Just got VIN this morning! Got insurance and paid up. EDD is now July 22- July 28. I set insurance start date for July 26, but I can change that if it comes in earlier.

Very excited. Ordered 6/12, LR Blue/Black 19" wheels no FSD.
Nice! Ordered 6/12 LR blue /white reg wheels no FSD and it updated for me to push it out another 3-5 weeks.

Tesla’s system is mind-bogglingly stupid at times. Really turning an exciting thing (getting a car I’ve wanted for 5-10 years) into a turn-off as they had just updated my EDD to July 19th-aug 6 on monday. Seems misleading to me.

Reactions: anasser
It's a bit unacceptable that members like you bought the car 3 months ago and still don't have any word as to where your car is. What was the original EDD range when you first put in the order? I'm sorry.
My original EDD was 7-10 weeks, then it started homing in on the last week of June, then I got passed over for west coast orders (I'm in WI) and my EDD has been shifting around since then. I email my agents and my delivery location every Monday but pretty much just get canned responses with no significant details.

Nice! Ordered 6/12 LR blue /white reg wheels no FSD and it updated for me to push it out another 3-5 weeks.

Tesla’s system is mind-bogglingly stupid at times. Really turning an exciting thing (getting a car I’ve wanted for 5-10 years) into a turn-off as they had just updated my EDD to July 19th-aug 6 on monday. Seems misleading to me.

Yep. Mine pushed out to 08/01 - 08/21. My pre-approval ends 07/31 and I am not re-applying. Going to make an appointment to test drive a few other vehicles this week. One way or the other, electric or ICE, a new car will be had this month. This experience has completely turned me off Tesla, and I’m surprisingly sad about it. I’ve got the truck on pre-order and am honestly thinking about canceling it as well.

Reactions: wdluhn
Yep. Mine pushed out to 08/01 - 08/21. My pre-approval ends 07/31 and I am not re-applying. Going to make an appointment to test drive a few other vehicles this week. One way or the other, electric or ICE, a new car will be had this month. This experience has completely turned me off Tesla, and I’m surprisingly sad about it. I’ve got the truck on pre-order and am honestly thinking about canceling it as well.
Just got off the phone with a SA at the Tesla Center here in Indy. He said that he has seen multiple instances of EDDs being updated to very close date wise then it for some reason pushing out dates. Then after several days there’s the vin assignment.

He also said that they’ve been told that there has been some IT issues that are supposed to be “being addressed with the systems” cause they are fairly blind to farther up the chain in the ordering process same as us.

i can only hope that it turns around lol.

there’s a dealership near me that has a 21 LR AWD that has 3k miles on it. But they want 56k for it. Which id refuse to give obviously. They also have a performance model 3 with 10k that they want the same price as the new for.

Just got off the phone with a SA at the Tesla Center here in Indy. He said that he has seen multiple instances of EDDs being updated to very close date wise then it for some reason pushing out dates. Then after several days there’s the vin assignment.

He also said that they’ve been told that there has been some IT issues that are supposed to be “being addressed with the systems” cause they are fairly blind to farther up the chain in the ordering process same as us.

i can only hope that it turns around lol.

there’s a dealership near me that has a 21 LR AWD that has 3k miles on it. But they want 56k for it. Which id refuse to give obviously. They also have a performance model 3 with 10k that they want the same price as the new for.
I hope that holds to be true. September delivery is insane at this point :(

I couldn’t agree more with you!! Great car and company reputation but this waiting game with shifting EDD and unclear answers is very very frustrating!!

I just went ahead and sent a message to my SA to ask about status (last time I contacted them was a month ago) but more importantly to voice concern for the "hey go get approved for a loan, you'll get priority!" combined with Tesla's estimates being so far off that the financing you applied for will be no good by the time you can actually take delivery. Made it clear that complaint wasn't at all directed at the SA, but if they have any sort of reporting up to management I figured the least I can do is mention there are plenty of people in here in a similar, frustrating situation.

I expect to get back nothing of note, but hey, maybe!

Reactions: 1LE McQueen
Make sure you get quotes from carvana and Vroom. They both beat out Teslas trade in value by a few grand. I'm selling private party for the best value but man scammers are relentless like cockroaches.

I'm nervous that my 60 day pre-approval period will expire. I guess I have til the end of august.
As I've noted here before, Tesla was $7500 lower than Current Automotive, who I sold to. I was also getting much, much better offers from Vroom and another company. I would've preferred to sell my 2018 M3 to Tesla because it would have provided flexibility for me that I don't have now, but a $27,500 offer from Tesla vs. a $35,000 offer from Current Automotive is a joke. It's actually insulting, to be honest.

People getting VINs today has really been bad for my work ethic. Refreshing pages much, much more frequently than ususal, lol
Does refreshing it help? I just thought that once it goes on your page, it stays there and then they start blowing up your phone/email saying schedule deliver date/make final payments. I didn't know this was something like the whole graphics card refresh to snag one of those!?

Does refreshing it help? I just thought that once it goes on your page, it stays there and then they start blowing up your phone/email saying schedule deliver date/make final payments. I didn't know this was something like the whole graphics card refresh to snag one of those!?
Honestly I don't know. Could have sworn I read a few posts that folks discovered they got their VIN on their account page. But I absolutely could be wrong.

My original EDD was 7-10 weeks, then it started homing in on the last week of June, then I got passed over for west coast orders (I'm in WI) and my EDD has been shifting around since then. I email my agents and my delivery location every Monday but pretty much just get canned responses with no significant details.

You're beyond the 7 - 10 weeks, then.

If I was in your position, I'd call instead of email every week, try to speak to a manager, and raise hell (with due politeness and respectfulness to the person over the phone of course because it's not their fault). At least try to get a free hat or mug or charger adapter out of it! Your estimated delivery was wrong from the get go and if Tesla is the customer-service friendly company they should be, you should absolutely get something out of this.

I'd be pretty upset.

Bummer. Why the rush for a new vehicle? Almost at this point, I'd be convinced to hold out for a 2022 model 3.

Not that i'd ever try to dissuade someone from getting a Tesla - I used to have a 14 Camaro SS and it was amazing. My dad has a C8 Z51 and he loves it. If you don't care for the power, the only EV I'd consider getting is a Chevrolet Bolt.