Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is basically how I feel about that situation. I think a subscription based FSD makes a lot of sense, but pricing it against the perceived value of their $10k "beta test this for us, we'll finish it soon, I promise!" package feels super wrong. Either way, they're asking folks to pay them to beta test their stuff. Looking forward to when FSD is all the way there, but for now that feels just like another way to squeeze out some money from the customers on that front.

In EDD news, slid a day to the right today:
Estimated Delivery: July 31 - August 08

Right now FSD is just an interesting toy. For me, it is worthless until I can trust it 100%. Otherwise I'm just sitting there with my hands on the wheel anxiously waiting for the car to steer me into oncoming traffic. That isn't exactly useful, and it certainly isn't relaxing. I would much rather drive myself than have to monitor the car that intently. The resale market values FSD at close to $0, so I'm clearly not the only one that has this opinion of it. I believe in self-driving technology in the long term, but this is one of those technologies that isn't usable until it is basically perfect. I think we are still a few years away from perfect. In the mean time, Autopilot addresses the driving conditions I most want automated: bumper to bumper traffic and long stretches of boring interstate.

Right now FSD is just an interesting toy. For me, it is worthless until I can trust it 100%. Otherwise I'm just sitting there with my hands on the wheel anxiously waiting for the car to steer me into oncoming traffic. That isn't exactly useful, and it certainly isn't relaxing. I would much rather drive myself than have to monitor the car that intently. The resale market values FSD at close to $0, so I'm clearly not the only one that has this opinion of it. I believe in self-driving technology in the long term, but this is one of those technologies that isn't usable until it is basically perfect. I think we are still a few years away from perfect. In the mean time, Autopilot addresses the driving conditions I most want automated: bumper to bumper traffic and long stretches of boring interstate.

Seems like a totally fair and measured take on the issue. Would be nice if Tesla would acknowledge that their FSD isn't there yet and instead of charging their customers such a premium to test out their stuff, instead offer to let them choose if they want to test it with some sort of opt-in program. Charge for it once it works. That said, I realize that'll never, ever happen because that would require them to make it right with the many folks who have paid quite a bit of money for FSD already, and that very much does not seem to be Tesla's M.O. with these things.

I do believe it'll be great eventually, and they'll make it up to the early adopters, but for now I think the current optics on FSD are pretty bad.

Also Tesla please do not further delay my EDD for my slander, thank you.

Reactions: Ormond
I'm on cloud 9 now folks. Got a VIN with delivery date between today and the 20th. I'm squirrel hunting when I get behind the wheel!

Congratulations!! You must share pictures.

All my Arizona peeps are getting there cars (you and @anthony99994). Where's mine dammit?

I wonder if your cars were in any of the pictures I took the other day.

Did you order your size based on a previous ring size or was this size based on a new finger location? If so how did you measure for it? I’m going to replace my wedding ring finger and trying to figure out if their sizing matches a standard ring wand.
I measured the finger I wanted to wear the ring on (right hand to gif get and then used a ring sizer I found on Google to determine which size fit the mm measurement. The CNICK web site also has a link to a sizing tool. I do have another ring in the same size and they match so you should be good to match current standard size.

Reactions: AT88MPH
Congratulations!! You must share pictures.

All my Arizona peeps are getting there cars (you and @anthony99994). Where's mine dammit?

I wonder if your cars were in any of the pictures I took the other day.
Since I switched my config to match an existing inventory item (added sport wheels), my original aero wheel order (the same one you ordered) should have freed up. Hopefully it will go to you!

Got one just for you. Here you go

Tevhwy5tcZsZBUUxlBOOaSrzLVDprP-Dr5p9PH4zDOo.jpg
Time went from july 29-auguest 16 to july30-august 7th Leets go baby, Squirrel gods all the way