Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure if it’s the SA’s setting a bad precedent or people just going into this with high expectations it I think there is enough info out there to know that the likelihood of you receiving a car in anything less than a month is not likely. Be patient and let it ride. It’s annoying but it is what it is.

Reactions: stEVe91941
I’m not sure if it’s the SA’s setting a bad precedent or people just going into this with high expectations it I think there is enough info out there to know that the likelihood of you receiving a car in anything less than a month is not likely. Be patient and let it ride. It’s annoying but it is what it is.
I think its a bit of both. The constantly moving window of the EDD get people excited, then lets them down on a day to day basis. Also our culture has an instant gratification mentality now. If I am spending this much, then I expect this in return.

The entire car industry is in a shortage, and Tesla has ridiculous demands due to high gas prices. I'm just glad I'm not ordering one today (Sorry for those who are)

Don't get me wrong, I want my car too - but to be fair Tesla did try to curb the expectations with the EDD range on their web page when we purchase. Until the 12 week mark comes and goes, then I cant really get grumpy (Two more weeks tesla. Two more)

Reactions: Fraz and jrmt23
I think its a bit of both. The constantly moving window of the EDD get people excited, then lets them down on a day to day basis. Also our culture has an instant gratification mentality now. If I am spending this much, then I expect this in return.

The entire car industry is in a shortage, and Tesla has ridiculous demands due to high gas prices. I'm just glad I'm not ordering one today (Sorry for those who are)

Don't get me wrong, I want my car too - but to be fair Tesla did try to curb the expectations with the EDD range on their web page when we purchase. Until the 12 week mark comes and goes, then I cant really get grumpy (Two more weeks tesla. Two more)
Same here, it said 11-17 weeks when I ordered, so when it comes, it comes.

Ladies and Gents! Today, I woke up to a VIN! No email notifying me of my VIN - it was just placed in my account. So if you're in NY here is a better idea of your M3LR wait. (Specs: Ext: Deep Blue, Int: Black, 18" wheels, No FSD)

Long Island, NY
Ordered: 6/22/21
Daily or every two days the EDD would change, drastically.
VIN: 7/18/21
Current EDD: 7/26 to 8/1

Will take care of insurance tomorrow.

Hopefully, I'll have it soon!
😆😆
Wow same specs and color as mine, I ordered a day before yours on 6/21 but I’m in PA. No VIN yet and my EDD is now back to the right Sept 18-30. Congrats on your vehicle hope you get yours delivered soon!

I passed the 12 week point of waiting 3 1/2 weeks ago. Ordered April 2, no VIN. EDD dates mean nothing. My date range today now goes into Sept.

Hello newbie here! Not sure if I’m posting in the correct thread but EV’s are completely new to me along with this ordering/purchasing online experience. Yesterday I managed to get lucky and found a LR under their existing inventory on their website so I pulled the trigger and ordered it. I applied online for financing which is still currently pending. However I was able to schedule my Delivery appointment date. I was wondering if anyone happens to know if I can change the location of the Service Center? Originally when I placed the order and selected the delivery location, home delivery wasn’t an option and 2 were only 2 options available. So I chose the closer of the 2 although there is a Service Center that is going even closer to me. Any info./insight would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I’m officially transitioning from the eagerly anticipating to the owners club. It’s been a fun ride. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
And no, I don’t believe the “wait is worth it.” The car is worth the price, but it doesn’t make up for terrible customer service.

How did you get your car without a squirrel?

Well, I’m officially transitioning from the eagerly anticipating to the owners club. It’s been a fun ride. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
And no, I don’t believe the “wait is worth it.” The car is worth the price, but it doesn’t make up for terrible customer service.
I am feeling that 100%. First impressions mean a lot, and so far not so good lol

Reactions: BluesClues
Hello newbie here! Not sure if I’m posting in the correct thread but EV’s are completely new to me along with this ordering/purchasing online experience. Yesterday I managed to get lucky and found a LR under their existing inventory on their website so I pulled the trigger and ordered it. I applied online for financing which is still currently pending. However I was able to schedule my Delivery appointment date. I was wondering if anyone happens to know if I can change the location of the Service Center? Originally when I placed the order and selected the delivery location, home delivery wasn’t an option and 2 were only 2 options available. So I chose the closer of the 2 although there is a Service Center that is going even closer to me. Any info./insight would be greatly appreciated.
I haven’t heard exactly how to change the location of your selected delivery center but the best bet would be to call a SA tomorrow or any business day and ask if a change can be made (have the VIN ready of your car). You might be subject to a fee (as they charge fees for changes and stuff like that) but maybe not. Congrats on the car and the luck of getting an existing inventory! I for one am still stuck in the wait :p

April 17th Order Date
Model 3 Performance
Blue Exterior
White Interior

No holds or missed deliveries--have yet to receive a VIN. Profile Completed from the 17th of April. My "assigned SA" has practically been a ghost with absolutely abysmal customer service.

Customer Service from this company has been nothing short of vile & putrid. It's an absolute joke, with a myriad of promises met with copious amounts of under-delivery. From "By the end of May".. to "mid June for sure!" to "Definitely by the end of June, end of Quarter push!", all information relayed from... you guessed it.. not my SA of course!

I'm on the verge of canceling, hanging on by a literal strand. If it wasn't for Jesus from Burbank, who has been working tirelessly to at least keep some form of communication with me when I'm not even a 'client' of his (nor is he getting a commission) and personally monetarily obligated since I've already gotten a Wall Connector installed in my garage, I would've canceled and never looked in the direction of this company ever again.

"I've honestly never met anyone as patient as you. I'd completely understand if you cancelled, I don't know how some SA's just leave their clients in the dark and can't respond to a simple question. We're paid to do this--you haven't been nasty or been blowing his phone up. I feel extremely bad for you" - Jesus to me~

If any Tesla employee's ever see this, just know this: Jesus, you deserve a raise at the LEAST. Lucas, my "assigned SA", you absolutely deserve to be fired. Lord knows how many people you've dealt with in the same exact manner as me and had them cancel. What an absolute horror show of an experience.

Tesla has forever been marred & tainted in my eyes.

Reactions: BattleLlama
April 17th Order Date
Model 3 Performance
Blue Exterior
White Interior

No holds or missed deliveries--have yet to receive a VIN. Profile Completed from the 17th of April. My "assigned SA" has practically been a ghost with absolutely abysmal customer service.

Customer Service from this company has been nothing short of vile & putrid. It's an absolute joke, with a myriad of promises met with copious amounts of under-delivery. From "By the end of May".. to "mid June for sure!" to "Definitely by the end of June, end of Quarter push!", all information relayed from... you guessed it.. not my SA of course!

I'm on the verge of canceling, hanging on by a literal strand. If it wasn't for Jesus from Burbank, who has been working tirelessly to at least keep some form of communication with me when I'm not even a 'client' of his (nor is he getting a commission) and personally monetarily obligated since I've already gotten a Wall Connector installed in my garage, I would've canceled and never looked in the direction of this company ever again.

"I've honestly never met anyone as patient as you. I'd completely understand if you cancelled, I don't know how some SA's just leave their clients in the dark and can't respond to a simple question. We're paid to do this--you haven't been nasty or been blowing his phone up. I feel extremely bad for you" - Jesus to me~

If any Tesla employee's ever see this, just know this: Jesus, you deserve a raise at the LEAST. Lucas, my "assigned SA", you absolutely deserve to be fired. Lord knows how many people you've dealt with in the same exact manner as me and had them cancel. What an absolute horror show of an experience.

Tesla has forever been marred & tainted in my eyes.

I didn't realize Jesus was from Burbank lol.

Well if it makes you feel any better my SA has been MIA most of the time ever since I hit the order button. Also I ordered in early May and have no VIN either. Exact same config as you actually. Sorry for your experience so far...the car will make up for a lot of it. As you've encountered firsthand there are some great folks at Tesla at least.