Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still missing EDD here as well. Also still haven’t seen anyone with a generic week range anymore, so I’m even more convinced that missing EDD is the equivalent of what the week range was (default/placeholder when an actual date range fails to come back), now that new orders just show “November”

Well folks, no clue how this happened, but somehow I am getting my car tomorrow which makes it exactly 3 weeks from order to delivery in SO Cal. July 6-July 27. I live next door to the Marina Del Rey Tesla Service & Delivery center (did that help perhaps?). I can say the day after I uploaded proof of insurance (other car since at the time I had no VIN), everything started happening fast. Decided to go for a purchase over my original lease plans given the residual value is insane. Even if I sell In 3 years, I will still have more equity in the car that I will owe. Just a better personal decision for me, even coming from someone who has leased Mercedes for the last 20 years! Guess I drank The Tesla Kool-Aid as they say!
is it a new car? or did you buy from inventory? Which options did you choose?

Ordered May 12, Houston, TX

LR AWD, Blue, Black Interior, 18" aero, no FSD

Estimated Delivery: August 12 - September 01

Called my SA and he said (this was last week):

SA: "Delivery times are usually spot on when you order them, what did your estimated delivery time say when you placed the order?"

Me: "5-8 weeks"

SA: "Ok, and how long has it been so far?"

Me: "10 weeks tomorrow"

SA: ".......ummmm....don't know what to say but we should be getting it soon, I mean....Theres the whole chip shortage and all....uhhhh (more floundering to follow)"

Yeah...this sucks....

Ordered May 12, Houston, TX

LR AWD, Blue, Black Interior, 18" aero, no FSD

Estimated Delivery: August 12 - September 01

Called my SA and he said (this was last week):

SA: "Delivery times are usually spot on when you order them, what did your estimated delivery time say when you placed the order?"

Me: "5-8 weeks"

SA: "Ok, and how long has it been so far?"

Me: "10 weeks tomorrow"

SA: ".......ummmm....don't know what to say but we should be getting it soon, I mean....Theres the whole chip shortage and all....uhhhh (more floundering to follow)"

Yeah...this sucks....

he went with the chip shortage excuse

I mean I get it but don’t start guessing when you don’t know the reason for why it’s 3 weeks past the delivery window

I feel for ya man

New to this whole waiting thing... How often is the Existing Inventory updated? I'm trying not to cause myself to go insane with refreshing web pages minute by minute.

Ordered M3, LR, MSM, BLK, Aero, No FSD on 07/13, delivery to Dedham, MA. Never received an actual date, only 10-16 weeks, now blank.

Not expecting anything before October at this point. At least I sneaked in prior to the price increase!

Reactions: Jcavs88
he went with the chip shortage excuse

I mean I get it but don’t start guessing when you don’t know the reason for why it’s 3 weeks past the delivery window

I feel for ya man

If chip shortage is an issue, how would they be producing and delivering cars to others that ordered much after than someone in April or May to the same location. Ridiculous reason but they may have no control to what goes on behind the scenes.

Last edited:
New to this whole waiting thing... How often is the Existing Inventory updated? I'm trying not to cause myself to go insane with refreshing web pages minute by minute.

Ordered M3, LR, MSM, BLK, Aero, No FSD on 07/13, delivery to Dedham, MA. Never received an actual date, only 10-16 weeks, now blank.

Not expecting anything before October at this point. At least I sneaked in prior to the price increase!
Not sure how often existing inventory is updated on the Tesla website but there are other websites that are easier to use rather than punching in a bunch of zip codes to find if there are any cars. For instance:

The second link is actually a bit more specific, but I don't see any inventory there now. I've seen up to maybe 8-10 there at one time in the past couple weeks, but the cars go really quickly when they do pop up, so if you really are wanting to grab one from inventory you need to be ready to act fast.

Reactions: EV-CPO

Well...I did just about cause myself to go insane refreshing web pages minute by minute, but it was an effective plan. Car I wanted showed up, I clicked the button quickly, and now take delivery this week. My original order is still showing end of September.

My advice, refresh this board, and the link at the bottom of page 759. My experience was cars showed up in the early afternoon. Most inventory has been white seats/19" wheels - so if that works for you, you should be able to find something in a day or 2.

For searching inventory, I thought this link was best:

Not sure how often existing inventory is updated on the Tesla website but there are other websites that are easier to use rather than punching in a bunch of zip codes to find if there are any cars. For instance:

The second link is actually a bit more specific, but I don't see any inventory there now. I've seen up to maybe 8-10 there at one time in the past couple weeks, but the cars go really quickly when they do pop up, so if you really are wanting to grab one from inventory you need to be ready to act fast.
I found my same spec on there an instantly ordered it. They wont last more than a few minutes.

Reactions: EV-CPO