Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s still possible to get one this week. I’d be pretty shocked if you don’t have one by the end of this week. I supposedly will get one by the end of this week to meet a mid august delivery. I’ll be checking in with that person to see if it still shows that or if I’ve been pushed back for some reason.
Yeah we’ll see but I actually took a performance model 3 home as an overnight test drive for the weekend and let me tell you, that thing is super fun but surprisingly I took a long range AWD with the upgraded boost before that and off the line, it isn’t as fast or as exhilarating as the performance but from a roll (at any speed), it felt the same as the performance. I can definitely say that the styling of the performance is amazing but then again, i’m not sure and am now stuck in between performance and long range in regards to which one I actually want (still might be the long range).

Yeah we’ll see but I actually took a performance model 3 home as an overnight test drive for the weekend and let me tell you, that thing is super fun but surprisingly I took a long range AWD with the upgraded boost before that and off the line, it isn’t as fast or as exhilarating as the performance but from a roll (at any speed), it felt the same as the performance. I can definitely say that the styling of the performance is amazing but then again, i’m not sure and am now stuck in between performance and long range in regards to which one I actually want (still might be the long range).
Being that we live in Utah, I was turned off for the performance because of the winters we have here. I didn’t want to get separate tires and rims. Also the fact that they can be ruined by hitting a decent size pothole. I found out about the acceleration boost taking me to 3.7 and I was sold on that. That’s plenty of speed and less inconvenience on my part. Don’t get me wrong, I think the performance looks dope. I just personally didn’t want to fork out the extra costs.

Being that we live in Utah, I was turned off for the performance because of the winters we have here. I didn’t want to get separate tires and rims. Also the fact that they can be ruined by hitting a decent size pothole. I found out about the acceleration boost taking me to 3.7 and I was sold on that. That’s plenty of speed and less inconvenience on my part. Don’t get me wrong, I think the performance looks dope. I just personally didn’t want to fork out the extra costs.
What is different looks wise between the performance and the long range?

Thank you for keeping my mind on the long range. I was about 60-40, long range vs performance, but now I feel better about getting the long range. With that being said, I actually have seen the majority of the long ranges with acceleration boost v-boxed at 3.5! So Tesla is actually under promising, over-delivering in at least one aspect! And yeah I'll just add my own wing and drop the car a few inches later on if I really want that performance look. Acceleration at any speed from 40 mph is actually comparable, if not a little faster than performance based off of videos I've seen with them racing which is a plus! Not losing that intense, instant torque feeling you get in a performance, in a long range!

Reactions: scenicroadways
Thank you for keeping my mind on the long range. I was about 60-40, long range vs performance, but now I feel better about getting the long range. With that being said, I actually have seen the majority of the long ranges with acceleration boost v-boxed at 3.5! So Tesla is actually under promising, over-delivering in at least one aspect! And yeah I'll just add my own wing and drop the car a few inches later on if I really want that performance look. Acceleration at any speed from 40 mph is actually comparable, if not a little faster than performance based off of videos I've seen with them racing which is a plus! Not losing that intense, instant torque feeling you get in a performance, in a long range!
I was also tempted to switch to a performance, but stayed with LR for some of the same reasons as others, (winter pot holes, cheaper tires, more range etc). I did contemplate getting a performance and running all seasons year-round on the 20" wheels. After that and adding the accel. boost, the performance would still be around $6k more expensive though. Makes me nervous to be pushing 60k on a car. It's a hard choice, but I think the LR with boost will be great.