Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s weird. Once I had my delivery scheduled (1.5 weeks out), could pay immediately. I did do loan thru one of Tesla’s vendors FYI so ACH payment which went through fine.

I believe final agreements you can’t review til 24 hrs out of your pickup/delivery day no?

That's helpful info, I'm doing the same so not sure what the delay could be. Gonna try to call them up again tomorrow.

Delivery day #2 has come and gone. More of the story below (sorry for the long posts here).

It's been a ride. My wife and I get there (she's been a trooper through this whole thing) and I came to a determination in about 15 seconds that I was going to refuse delivery. They repaired the bumper alright, then proceeded to scratch the heck out of it in other places near the repair. One was down to the bumper again. The rest were surface. While I inspected the car further, my wife went to get the Tesla rep.

The Tesla rep got a bit of an earful which I was apologetic about. I told her that this is 100% not her fault, I know she's just the customer interface, but I'm shocked to see the car sitting here with more scratches. Is no one paying attention at the body shop to the work they're doing? She was very understanding, apologetic, and proceeded to give me two options. I can refuse delivery and get put back into the queue. I can also accept delivery but before I do she'll confirm with the service manager that they will be able to fix these. I said to please find out what they can do.

She came back with the news that they will absolutely take care of it for me even if I accept delivery. They will also take care of anything else I find. I talk to my wife quick and go ahead and accept delivery. The rest of the issues with the car were addressed from before. The only other new issues I found were the steering wheel off center (the car doesn't pull) and the driver's interior a-pillar piece is a bit off. Easy fixes really. I go through the rest of the paperwork and go into the delivery office.

While I was in there, waiting on a new registration to be printed for my temp tags, I saw these...

model_s_plaid.jpg

All three of those are Plaid. I didn't want to get closer to spread my bad "luck" to them. 😆 Gorgeous cars. Absolutely gorgeous.

I forgot how much I love driving this car. Even with this experience, which has been poor, the car is amazing. I can feel the acceleration difference between the LR and the SR+. I only got time for a quick side pick before backing into the garage. Say hi to Sylvie.

jg_me_2021_pic2.jpg

Delivery day #2 has come and gone. More of the story below (sorry for the long posts here).

It's been a ride. My wife and I get there (she's been a trooper through this whole thing) and I came to a determination in about 15 seconds that I was going to refuse delivery. They repaired the bumper alright, then proceeded to scratch the heck out of it in other places near the repair. One was down to the bumper again. The rest were surface. While I inspected the car further, my wife went to get the Tesla rep.

The Tesla rep got a bit of an earful which I was apologetic about. I told her that this is 100% not her fault, I know she's just the customer interface, but I'm shocked to see the car sitting here with more scratches. Is no one paying attention at the body shop to the work they're doing? She was very understanding, apologetic, and proceeded to give me two options. I can refuse delivery and get put back into the queue. I can also accept delivery but before I do she'll confirm with the service manager that they will be able to fix these. I said to please find out what they can do.

She came back with the news that they will absolutely take care of it for me even if I accept delivery. They will also take care of anything else I find. I talk to my wife quick and go ahead and accept delivery. The rest of the issues with the car were addressed from before. The only other new issues I found were the steering wheel off center (the car doesn't pull) and the driver's interior a-pillar piece is a bit off. Easy fixes really. I go through the rest of the paperwork and go into the delivery office.

While I was in there, waiting on a new registration to be printed for my temp tags, I saw these...

View attachment 699290

All three of those are Plaid. I didn't want to get closer to spread my bad "luck" to them. 😆 Gorgeous cars. Absolutely gorgeous.

I forgot how much I love driving this car. Even with this experience, which has been poor, the car is amazing. I can feel the acceleration difference between the LR and the SR+. I only got time for a quick side pick before backing into the garage. Say hi to Sylvie.

View attachment 699291
I really hope the repairs go smoothly and you get everything taken care of!

Reactions: Arqos
Ordered a 2021 LR in white on 8/9, currently showing estimated delivery Sept 16 - 30, which has remained unchanged for the last 2 weeks. When I first ordered it said estimated was November, but changed to September after I went through finance approval and uploaded all pertinent documentation. I called my local gallery and the advisor there said for Texas, they typically see delivery about 2 weeks after a VIN is assigned. So, best case scenario, it'll be next month!

Hi all! Been following since I finalized my order 7/6. Received my VIN on Wednesday 8/18, but have yet to see a text to schedule delivery. How long did you wait? Ordered online so do not have a SA.

M3LR white/black

Estimated Delivery: August 28 - September 03​

I've seen on avg 4-7 days from VIN to text delivery from what others have said and I've experienced. Assuming you're picking up at a Tesla center, might be worth calling over there if you don't get anything after a week.