Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you schedule your delivery and don’t get documents within a day or so you need to reach out to your delivery center. I did that today and was told the reason I don’t have documents is because the loan application had expired. There was no notice from the bank or from Tesla that it had expired or why the documents hadn’t shown up on my account. I found a better rate and I’m not financing through Tesla as they told me they couldn’t match the rate (yes, I know they say they will match). The delivery center answered my email within a few hours and was very helpful. I have not had an SA as I ordered on line.

Reactions: scenicroadways
New: Estimated Delivery: September 04 - September 16

Has had some movement since the beginning of August but always settled on September 05 - September 25. This is also the first time that the gap was less than 19 days. Pretty exciting!

1629573996798.png

Picked my car up this morning, the delivery process was a breeze. Only took maybe 45 minutes to an hour. I couldn't find any flaws - I looked at all the regular panel gaps, glass/panel gaps, headliner smudges, etc, and couldn't find any issues. The rest of my day will likely be spent tinkering with it learning all the ins and outs!

Ordered July 5 - Delivered August 21

Any other Bay Area people?

White/black LR 19in no fsd ordered on July 17th. My EDD has narrowed to Aug 22 - 31 and still without a VIN.
Pleasanton, CA.
Grey/BLK LR 19in no Fsd ordered on Jul 6th. My EDD has narrowed to Aug 28 - Sep 17, but still no VIN is available.
I don't understand how is the Tesla logistics work, I have seen ppl received the delivery within 4 weeks after their order date. And Fremont factory just a few miles away from my place🤷‍♂️

Thought I would pop my head in here (took delivery late June) and see how things are going. You can see my order experience in my signature. Glad to see Andrew the squirrel is going strong in the profile pics! :)
I hope all of you get your cars ASAP. For me it was an agonizing wait but well worth it once I got my car. I almost have 1k miles on my car now and I have enjoyed every second of it, especially when I floor the pedal.

I ordered a car out of inventory a couple days ago and backed out. I would have had to pay California sales tax if I drove it home to Florida or $2,000 shipping even though the car was still at Fremont. If the car is closer in proximity, the extra shipping is $1,000.
I bought an inventory car on 7/31 ($1000 extra for shipping) and the car has not moved since - I am regretting it since I am not getting it any faster. The good news is my local store has given me a Model 3 to drive till it arrives for my trouble. We have been enjoying it, but I really want mine.

Reactions: Ormond
I bought an inventory car on 7/31 ($1000 extra for shipping) and the car has not moved since - I am regretting it since I am not getting it any faster. The good news is my local store has given me a Model 3 to drive till it arrives for my trouble. We have been enjoying it, but I really want mine.
That’s awful! Thank you for sharing. If I buy an inventory car, I’ll make sure it’s in my state. Best of luck!

Reactions: MagicMidnight
since I'm getting close, have a VIN, where does everyone end up getting the best price for their car?

I decided to not do the Tesla trade in as their offer was lower than a quick shop around.

Carmax seems to be the highest at about 14k(not bad) from what I have seen, and for some reason, Vroom offered me $3600 which was ridiculous. I don't understand how their offer was so low.