Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HAPPY VIN DAY TO ME! So excited to pick up this week. Ive been keeping very detailed stats on my process.
1629654761316.png

1629654833191.png

since I'm getting close, have a VIN, where does everyone end up getting the best price for their car?

I decided to not do the Tesla trade in as their offer was lower than a quick shop around.

Carmax seems to be the highest at about 14k(not bad) from what I have seen, and for some reason, Vroom offered me $3600 which was ridiculous. I don't understand how their offer was so low.
Tesla trade in value has been dropping like crazy for me; I check every day. Was $11,100 a few weeks ago now $10,100. Carvana was crazy low at $9,700. Carmax has been right around $11,000 consistently but today it went up to $11,400. We will see what it is once I get a VIN!

Reactions: MagicMidnight
since I'm getting close, have a VIN, where does everyone end up getting the best price for their car?

I decided to not do the Tesla trade in as their offer was lower than a quick shop around.

Carmax seems to be the highest at about 14k(not bad) from what I have seen, and for some reason, Vroom offered me $3600 which was ridiculous. I don't understand how their offer was so low.
Read some reviews on Vroom and you will be 100% thankful you didn't use them.

Got the text for delivery, 8 Sep, outside of EDD. This is going to be a long 17 days……
I had something similar today so I called them and they said the email and text delivery dates should be ignored as my vehicle was already en route. They were able to schedule my pick up day much sooner than what the email and text would allow me to do.

I had something similar today so I called them and they said the email and text delivery dates should be ignored as my vehicle was already en route. They were able to schedule my pick up day much sooner than what the email and text would allow me to do.
Good info, will try and call later this week. I was thinking that’s along time, almost 20 days from VIN date. Did u call the number in the text?

Last edited:
So delivery is scheduled for 5pm tomorrow! The wait since my VIN was assigned last Wednesday has been agony, but I will soon have it 🙏 (barring any insane problems that I would have to refuse delivery for)

Ordered LR AWD Model 3 in blue/black 18” Aeros with no FSD on June 20th
EDD jumped all over the place before finally narrowing the last 2 weeks
VIN assigned Wednesday, August 18th and delivery text/email on Friday 20th.
Delivery is set for tomorrow afternoon, and less than 24 hours later it goes in for ppf/tint 🥲

For someone that just recently got their 2021 M3 LR, can you list all of the 'includes'? I'd love to see a definitive list of what's included so I know what to pick up. Specifically, anyone get a NEMA 14-50? Trunk / Frunk mats/liners? Tire inflator / seal compound?

I've just ordered my M3LR (woohoo) but I just had some questions about completing the profile and if that helps in any way.

My current insurance is set to expire in a month(6 month plan), but I live in a state where insurance can be posted early. Although it says that the posted insurance should not expire in 60-90 days should I still post my current insurance, or just hold off until the start of the next plan?

I've just ordered my M3LR (woohoo) but I just had some questions about completing the profile and if that helps in any way.

My current insurance is set to expire in a month(6 month plan), but I live in a state where insurance can be posted early. Although it says that the posted insurance should not expire in 60-90 days should I still post my current insurance, or just hold off until the start of the next plan?
Wouldn't cancel any current insurance for your current car until you get your VIN/delivery date confirmed. EDD wildly changes and you wouldn't want to be caught without insurance. Now if you're talking about insurance for your upcoming M3LR (congrats!), I would still wait til you get an VIN (you can shop around for quotes now so you'll have idea of what to expect now if you want though).