Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's crazy how different everyone's experience has been with the Tesla ordering process. So I placed my M3 LR AWD Black/Black, 19" wheels order on 8/3. Approved financing through Tesla (Wells Fargo), no trade. From the very beginning my EDD was 9/8 - 9/30. About a week later it updated to 9/1 - 9/21 and stayed that way ever since yesterday. Yesterday I decided to upload my existing proof of insurance policy that lists my wife's vehicle without the M3 since I hadn't yet received my VIN. Then voilaaaa... logged in this morning and have my VIN! EDD updated to 9/1 - 9/7. There's clearly something to uploading proof of insurance.
I ordered on 7/31 over in Denton and still have the 9/1-9/21 EDD. Just uploaded my current insurance for the hell of it, we’ll see what happens.

I ordered on 7/31 over in Denton and still have the 9/1-9/21 EDD. Just uploaded my current insurance for the hell of it, we’ll see what happens.
I'm not too far away from you, ordered my M3 LR White/Black/18" Aero/No FSD on 8/9 and it's been showing 9/16-9/30 EDD for a week now. I had my current ins. uploaded from day one, as others have pointed out it doesn't seem to matter on the EDD stuff. Please post up when you get your VIN, I'm assuming I'll be a week behind you, at least in theory!

Has anyone in NJ seen the message (at the end of the delivery text) that your insurance should be valid four days before your delivery appointment?

My insurance will be valid two days before my appointment. I can't see them having a problem with this since I will be insured but so far I haven't had any luck contacting anyone at Tesla.
I got a response from Telsa and it's as I suspected. As long as your policy has your VIN and is in effect when you pick up the car, you're good.

Reactions: moyism
Ordered 7/4, LR white/white with FSD
well, scheduled delivery for Sept 1, my journey of EDD was:

7-11 Weeks
11-17 weeks
10-16 weeks
Sept 9 - Sept 29
November
Aug 21 - Sept 10
Aug 22 - Sept 10
Aug 23 - Sept 10
Aug 24 - Sept 10
Aug 25 - Sept 7
Aug 26 - Sept 7
Aug 27 - Sept 7
Aug 28 - Sept 7
Aug 29 - Sept 7
Aug 31 - Sept 8
Aug 31 - Sept 7
got VINAug 29 - Sept 4
Sept 1 delivery

Ordered my LR in Deep Blue with 18" Aeros on August 19th. Original delivery date was October 15-November 14th. When I took my test drive a few days later, the Tesla guy said to expect it in December. I logged into my account this morning, August 25th and I now have a delivery window of September 10 to September 30. No complaints there. Waiting for GM to process an approved buyback on my Bolt EV and who knows if it will be complete in time for the delivery of my Model 3. Not a problem or me financially but it would be nice to have that cash on hand rather it come out of my pocket.

Reactions: c00sebookpro
Just got my text to schedule delivery!!! Oddly enough, I picked the service center when i ordered for delivery but somehow it became home delivery 🤷🏻‍♂️.

also, I took a visit to the Gallery at the Houston Galleria and apparently no one ordered my temporary tags so the SA there fixed that up.

1629906117048.jpg

Just got my text to schedule delivery!!! Oddly enough, I picked the service center when i ordered for delivery but somehow it became home delivery 🤷🏻‍♂️.

also, I took a visit to the Gallery at the Houston Galleria and apparently no one ordered my temporary tags so the SA there fixed that up.
Oh that's great! I hope mine turns into home delivery as well. When I ordered, SC pickup was the only option.

It makes me feel a little better that I'm seeing lots of Burbank / So Cal orders being on the same time table as me... I thought I picked either an overly popular combo or one they don't bother with since no one orders it.

Still no movement for me on EDD - my signature is still accurate :(

I order on 7/22. got my ViN on 8/23 @ 9P. EDD is sitting at 9/1 - 9/7. I was able to make payment and upload insurance. My dilemma is I’ll be out of town Aug 31-Sep 11. Hoping they can deliver to the shop I’m having some work done on it.