Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an order date of 7/16… in Phoenix.. EDD had been sitting on 8-25 to 9-14 for about 3 weeks now.. I expected an update once the 25th came but so far nothing… I’m seeing others gettin VIN with a later order day… doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason.. just wait I guess..

There are probably so many moving parts to filling orders throughout the country that we don't see which would explain the inconsistent experiences. My EDD has been 9/1 - 9/7 last couple days. I called support today and they said my M3 is scheduled to arrive [to the SC] on 9/2, which is probably why I haven't received my text to schedule delivery yet. Seems sometimes you get the text shortly after being assigned a VIN and other times you wait for weeks.
My EDD is 9/1-9/7 as well. I’m sure our cars are on the same transport.

Well I guess I’m done with this thread…
Took delivery today, only minor issues to be fixed are sunken rear handles and the charge port door is not flush - both being fixed by mobile service.
Now I just need to think up more excuses to drive it…

2FFF8813-EB78-4480-9A7C-14B07174311B.jpeg

My EDD experience… Ended up right at the beginning of the 7-11 weeks estimated when I placed the order.

492068D9-1FD6-4834-ADA4-D42285E660E6.jpeg

EDD is 9/5-9/16. Been sitting at that since Saturday. To me it was odd that it changed near noon on Saturday.
Also, I had to get a revaluation on my trade-in and that has been "in process" since Monday morning. I am curious to see after it processes if the EDD will change.
Probably going to sell it on my own this week, but I didn't stop the revaluation just to see what if any change they make on their offer.
Yeah... That long delay during re-evaluation of the trade-in happened to me as well. It gets kind of nerve racking when you think you have all the numbers figured out.

• Helpful
Reactions: MagicMidnight
Since today was actually the first day of my EDD window - 8/25 - 9/14 - I texted my SA, and he allowed that “their system” thinks my car will be built on 9/10, and I won’t get a VIN until the car is built. That part does mesh with experiences from last year with our MY, where the VIN showed up on the car’s build date. From Fremont to here is 2-4 days of travel and final prep at the delivery center so…I’m guessing a 9/14 delivery date.

Well I guess I’m done with this thread…
Took delivery today, only minor issues to be fixed are sunken rear handles and the charge port door is not flush - both being fixed by mobile service.
Now I just need to think up more excuses to drive it…

View attachment 701491

My EDD experience… Ended up right at the beginning of the 7-11 weeks estimated when I placed the order.

View attachment 701492

Absolutely gorgeous car! I'm getting the exact same configuration and this photo helps reaffirm that I made the right choice. Congrats!

Since today was actually the first day of my EDD window - 8/25 - 9/14 - I texted my SA, and he allowed that “their system” thinks my car will be built on 9/10, and I won’t get a VIN until the car is built. That part does mesh with experiences from last year with our MY, where the VIN showed up on the car’s build date. From Fremont to here is 2-4 days of travel and final prep at the delivery center so…I’m guessing a 9/14 delivery date.
Makes sense. My SA has been saying “first third” of September almost since Day 1 despite the EDD roller coaster. I ordered 7/19 in the Bay Area.

My window starts 31 August goes to 20 Sept