Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish it was. My OD is 8/15 and on Friday I got pushed back to 12/7-12/31. I was just talking to someone else this morning that ordered early Sep and they show Feb EDD. Config plays into also though. DViper had a 9/20 OD and got a VIN last week. Can't figure out this crazy algorithm, but makes me think twice about putting a VIN on hold.
Most likely more like a random number generator than an algorithm :(

Reactions: EV70
I just rejected my VIN my SA said not to put on hold because they won’t start looking for another vehicle until you take it off hold. I want it in January so she suggested waiting for next VIN instead. SA said next VIN can come in December.
I've never heard of this VIN rejection. Can you explain more?
Also, once you do get your VIN in, say, December, you should be able to postpone delivery up to 30 days, right? That would push your delivery to Jan.

I just rejected my VIN my SA said not to put on hold because they won’t start looking for another vehicle until you take it off hold. I want it in January so she suggested waiting for next VIN instead. SA said next VIN can come in December.
But I think you cannot reject the 2nd VIN, is that correct? So there is a chance that you might need to take delivery before end of year.

9/25 Order date
MSM, white interior, Aero wheels
EDD hasn’t changed, 11/12-12/2

Called Tesla yesterday and they said should get my car in a few weeks but not sure how accurate that is. Didn’t get my VIN yet and Located in Vegas.
Got my VIN last night and my Tesla Advisor texted me this morning to schedule delivery!! I’ll be picking it up 11/19 👍🏼

Reactions: geekxism
I wish it was. My OD is 8/15 and on Friday I got pushed back to 12/7-12/31. I was just talking to someone else this morning that ordered early Sep and they show Feb EDD. Config plays into also though. DViper had a 9/20 OD and got a VIN last week. Can't figure out this crazy algorithm, but makes me think twice about putting a VIN on hold.
Yeah the configuration has to play a major role, I've noticed the MSM color seems to be the longest wait. I got the schedule delivery text this morning, I pickup next Tuesday. My configuration is probably the most common & most produced. White/black/aero 18"/no fsd so essentially the default configuration.

Also, once you do get your VIN in, say, December, you should be able to postpone delivery up to 30 days, right? That would push your delivery to Jan.

I am curious of this as well, I don't want to take delivery until January due to possible tax credit so I haven't placed my order yet, not sure if I can safely order now or wait.

Yeah the configuration has to play a major role, I've noticed the MSM color seems to be the longest wait. I got the schedule delivery text this morning, I pickup next Tuesday. My configuration is probably the most common & most produced. White/black/aero 18"/no fsd so essentially the default configuration.
Congrats. I would tell you to stop by on your way home so I could check out the car, but the jealousy would eat me alive 🤪

Reactions: DViper2399
That's just great, I ordered MSM... hahaha

Reactions: EV70
When I bought my Model Y a lot of people on that forum did this because they wanted a 2022 VIN. So this is nothing new to me. Postponing 30 days is something I know nothing about. If this is the case then I should be safe if I receive a VIN in December. I will look into this.

Received my VIN over a week ago and my EDD is Nov 24-Nov 29 and not received any contact from Tesla is this normal? I see so many people saying they are getting their VIN and getting contacted for delivery immediately? Am I supposed to contact them or just wait? My first Tesla so I don’t know what to do

Spent the better half of my work day reading through this thread for a better idea of delivery estimates. This thread has been very helpful! Sounds like the Midwest is getting some VINs assigned so I'll be keeping an eye on my account for updates

M3 LR AWD/Deep Blue Metallic/AP/No FSD/19 inch sport/Black Premium
Ordered 10/8/21 - Was initially for a Performance but we changed it to LR on 10/14/21
EDD - Was Nov 18 - Dec 20 until a couple days ago when it was narrowed down to 11/29 - 12/13
Unsure if they're going to deliver to Schaumburg or Westmont as my home is almost the same distance away from both
NEMA 14-50 garage outlet installed today

Also still on the fence about deferring delivery until the new year but I guess we'll see what happens this week

Received my VIN over a week ago and my EDD is Nov 24-Nov 29 and not received any contact from Tesla is this normal? I see so many people saying they are getting their VIN and getting contacted for delivery immediately? Am I supposed to contact them or just wait? My first Tesla so I don’t know what to do
I am in the same boat and am curious as well. I received my VIN and my delivery date begins next week, yet I have had zero contact from Tesla. I sent an email to my local store on Friday but no response.

You were just able to call the dealer and say hey I’m bot scheduled for a few days can I pick it up early and they allowed it? That’s awesome lol, kinda surprised. Might have to try myself
The service advisor, yes. Burbank, CA.

Another note - turning my iPhone 13 mini upside down solved the charging issue! It now charges every time. And it is a matter of the charging coils being either too small or poorly positioned as my larger iPhone 11 work phone charges just fine without needing to rotate it.

Reactions: Paul4343