Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got off the phone with them and they said the car is in Birmingham Alabama so it's just awaiting final transport to the delivery centre and and my delivery appointment shouldn't change
I’m picking up in TN and that exactly what I was told that my car is in Birmingham awaiting for a truck to bring to the delivery center. Must be a hub there. My delivery was delayed from 11/19 to 11/21

Reactions: bigchungus
Build Back Better EV Tax Refund

My M3LR is scheduled for delivery between December 01 - December 15. I don't believe the "Build Back Better" bill will pass but don't want to get screwed if it does by taking delivery two or three weeks before the $8K tax refund is available. Anyone else concerned about this? I would assume the only way to get the car next year is to cancel the order, forfeit the $250 and then reorder closer to the end of the year. This will suck for Tesla if a lot of us do this and they miss their numbers for 4th qtr.

Thanks for your feedback.

Build Back Better EV Tax Refund

My M3LR is scheduled for delivery between December 01 - December 15. I don't believe the "Build Back Better" bill will pass but don't want to get screwed if it does by taking delivery two or three weeks before the $8K tax refund is available. Anyone else concerned about this? I would assume the only way to get the car next year is to cancel the order, forfeit the $250 and then reorder closer to the end of the year. This will suck for Tesla if a lot of us do this and they miss their numbers for 4th qtr.

Thanks for your feedback.

No need to cancel your order. You can put a hold on your existing order. That's what I did with mine. My original EDD was 11/23-12/21 but I put a hold on delivery until 12/31.

Also, from today's news, there might be at least some movement in the House, but uncertainty of course later in the Senate. We'll wait and see.

No need to cancel your order. You can put a hold on your existing order. That's what I did with mine. My original EDD was 11/23-12/21 but I put a hold on delivery until 12/31.

Also, from today's news, there might be at least some movement in the House, but uncertainty of course later in the Senate. We'll wait and see.

Going to do the same as above as well...

Thanks for the info? Why December 31 and not Jan 1. If the bill goes through it will start Jan 1st.

Pulled the trigger this weekend for MSM exterior, dark interior, aero, and no FSD. Was initially edd December but moved to mid-Jan - mid-feb. I would think whatever credit passes will be retroactive, but also don’t want to wait forever to take delivery. There were a bunch of short ranges popping up but all gone now this week in the area. If supply is limited, what happens when all the on holds move back to active status. Is it unrealistic. To expect a year long delay or more of an EV credit is approved for new Tesla’s?

Thanks for the info? Why December 31 and not Jan 1. If the bill goes through it will start Jan 1st.
I told them that I want to take delivery next year (because of the potential EV tax credit) in a chat session and they put the hold until 12/31. It does not mean the car will be delivered on 12/31. Once the hold expires on 12/31, there will be additional steps like locating the car with my specs for example. In terms of the EV tax credit, the date of delivery counts as your purchase date; i.e., not your order date and not your delivery hold end date. Since I will take delivery in 2022, my purchase date for EV tax credit purposes will be in 2022.

I just called my local dealership and ask to put my order on hold. The guy told me it had been done but it hadn't been reflected in my account status: still showing delivery 11/18 - 11/22
So theoretically or in reality they give that car to someone with the same specs in the area or nationally? And if you want to take hold on Jan 1st, do you just go back to your place in line if known are available? If you attempt to get off hold now, will you go back to 11/18 - 11/22 or start over? I think it is worth considering that delaying may start delaying a much longer time than we are thinking.

Spoke to my SA today and scheduled Tesla Direct delivery for M3 AWD/LR/DBM-Black/18" aero/No FSD for 11/30. SA checked my VIN and said I'm getting active charging coil and ports, so I guess I'll head over to that thread and post. So far, the Illinois Highland Park SC has not yet seen any models without working charging ports, but they expect to at some point probably pretty soon.

Reactions: ReeseyCup
The video class on delivery brought up having insurance with the vin. After getting a quote of $4200 from Liberty Mutual for a year I called Progressive. Now living in part of Gary Indiana I expected a high rate. New policy activated for 11/20 at $1100 for the year. Just a heads up... Good luck... Sitting on vin for 11/30 - 12/4 Red LR aero black int ODD 9/9

Reactions: ReeseyCup
So theoretically or in reality they give that car to someone with the same specs in the area or nationally? And if you want to take hold on Jan 1st, do you just go back to your place in line if known are available? If you attempt to get off hold now, will you go back to 11/18 - 11/22 or start over? I think it is worth considering that delaying may start delaying a much longer time than we are thinking.
That's true, there is always the risk that you can get delayed further, so it might be a good idea to check the Tesla order site on current delivery estimates. For NC for example, the new estimate is January 2022 for new orders of the M3LR.

I told them that I want to take delivery next year (because of the potential EV tax credit) in a chat session and they put the hold until 12/31. It does not mean the car will be delivered on 12/31. Once the hold expires on 12/31, there will be additional steps like locating the car with my specs for example. In terms of the EV tax credit, the date of delivery counts as your purchase date; i.e., not your order date and not your delivery hold end date. Since I will take delivery in 2022, my purchase date for EV tax credit purposes will be in 2022.
Thank you.