Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey just curious how your EDD looks now? Mine switched to “December” for a good week. And now shows Jan 15-Feb 12th lol.
I received my VIN yesterday 11/20. VIN was displayed in the app, and later in the day I received a call from Tesla, asking if I still wanted to move forward, & about finalizing payment. FYI for those in MI, due to (antiquated dealership) state laws, we must pay in full before Tesla will ship the car to our state.

Really don’t know what the deal is with your order, since you ordered before me.

My current EDD is 11/22-11/28. I expect it to get pushed into December for the actual delivery, but it isn’t fair that I got a VIN before you, when we had identical config and you ordered a few weeks before me!

One thing that I did recently (on 11/15) was take a test drive from the Somerset collection store. The SA who helped me with that test drive is the one who called about the VIN. Also emailed me the purchase agreement so I can bring it to the bank on Monday and set all the payment stuff up.

Prior to yesterday, my EDD was looking like 12/1 - 12/29. Was like that for about a week-ish?

I am curious if taking the test drive has anything to do with getting moved along earlier? If the SA updated their computer system in some way, or something? No evidence and no way to tell, but before the test drive I had minimal/no contact from the virtual team, had ordered online 9/24.

It does appear others in the Midwest (IN, IL) have been getting VINs recently, looks like there was allocation for our region and possibly you were passed over?

My data for anyone curious:

OD: 9/24/21
White/white/18”/no FSD
Detroit

VIN received 11/20. 57 days order to VIN

I had entered cash payment, and filled in insurance & trade in info as completely as possible, as early as possible. Told the SA to take off the trade in and switch to 3rd party loan when they called.

Last edited:
Another change, Estimated Delivery: November 24 - November 30
So now my app is more unlocked and shows all the details for the car and process just waiting for reach out on setting up delivery. This is the most crazy thing though I had to redo my trade in because it expired after 30 days and the new offer is MORE than what the first one was by $1000. So they offered me MORE on my trade in. Has anyone had any issues when actually trading in and them NOT giving you the price offered?

Took delivery on Friday at the Rockville, MD delivery/service center.

Overall the car is what I would expect for a new car. No panel gaps or imperfections, however I am missing my front USB C ports and wireless charging. I was prepared for that possibility so it is what is. I’ll get them in a couple of weeks. What I was not expecting was for Tesla’s backend systems to be having issues causing me to technically not be able to take delivery of the car within the app.

This resulted in a few features not working till yesterday evening.

1. Unable to set my home location in the nav which led to..
2. Sentry mode not being able to be turned on.
3. Auto pilot nor the rest of the advanced safety features being fully functional.
4. Unable to setup my phone as a key
5. Unable to add my wife’s Tesla account to my car.
6. Unable to schedule a mobile service to install homelink.
7. A warning reminder that could not be dismissed for the delivery appointment

Thankfully the system finally corrected its self yesterday around 5:30PM and I was able to do all of the above.

Also not sure who asked what tires are currently coming on the car but they are Michelin supremacy mxm4 all seasons are fitted to the aero wheels.

I received my VIN yesterday 11/20. VIN was displayed in the app, and later in the day I received a call from Tesla, asking if I still wanted to move forward, & about finalizing payment. FYI for those in MI, due to (antiquated dealership) state laws, we must pay in full before Tesla will ship the car to our state.

Really don’t know what the deal is with your order, since you ordered before me.

My current EDD is 11/22-11/28. I expect it to get pushed into December for the actual delivery, but it isn’t fair that I got a VIN before you, when we had identical config and you ordered a few weeks before me!

One thing that I did recently (on 11/15) was take a test drive from the Somerset collection store. The SA who helped me with that test drive is the one who called about the VIN. Also emailed me the purchase agreement so I can bring it to the bank on Monday and set all the payment stuff up.

Prior to yesterday, my EDD was looking like 12/1 - 12/29. Was like that for about a week-ish?

I am curious if taking the test drive has anything to do with getting moved along earlier? If the SA updated their computer system in some way, or something? No evidence and no way to tell, but before the test drive I had minimal/no contact from the virtual team, had ordered online 9/24.

It does appear others in the Midwest (IN, IL) have been getting VINs recently, looks like there was allocation for our region and possibly you were passed over?

My data for anyone curious:

OD: 9/24/21
White/white/18”/no FSD
Detroit

VIN received 11/20. 57 days order to VIN

I had entered cash payment, and filled in insurance & trade in info as completely as possible, as early as possible. Told the SA to take off the trade in and switch to 3rd party loan when they called.
Ah dang that’s awesome for you. Hope you enjoy it! I wonder if it’s switching to cash first since that’s really the only difference we had

Overall the car is what I would expect for a new car. No panel gaps or imperfections, however I am missing my front USB C ports and wireless charging. I was prepared for that possibility so it is what is. I’ll get them in a couple of weeks. What I was not expecting was for Tesla’s backend systems to be having issues causing me to technically not be able to take delivery of the car within the app.

3. Auto pilot nor the rest of the advanced safety features being fully functional.

Thankfully the system finally corrected its self yesterday around 5:30PM and I was able to do all of the above.

Also not sure who asked what tires are currently coming on the car but they are Michelin supremacy mxm4 all seasons are fitted to the aero wheels.
Regarding the USB ports, do you expect they could be installed via mobile service? I'm in northwest Vermont a few hundred miles from the closest SC. I've heard the Tesla ranger that services my area is very competent and everyone seems to love him. I would just hate to have to drive down to Boston area to get my car serviced so soon after picking it up in New Jersey.

Reactions: Harfagri
Ah dang that’s awesome for you. Hope you enjoy it! I wonder if it’s switching to cash first since that’s really the only difference we had
Yea possibly. I did the cash at first because I had read somewhere that was the recommended route for getting VIN quickest.

I definitely feel for folks like you & EV70, waiting longer than others with same config & same delivery location, but not getting VIN.

My EDD did jump back & forth a few times, the VIN kinda came out of nowhere, and have read other reports of similar “early surprises”, so perhaps there is still hope for you. Maybe even more so with some people delaying till 2022.

Reactions: EV70

My sentry mode (live video capability) is not even available as an option to me (through the app and the car) at the moment, took delivery yesterday. Was that also not available to you initially? and if so, is it working now?

Eeeeeek!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-100609_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121-100609_Google.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 75
Regarding the USB ports, do you expect they could be installed via mobile service? I'm in northwest Vermont a few hundred miles from the closest SC. I've heard the Tesla ranger that services my area is very competent and everyone seems to love him. I would just hate to have to drive down to Boston area to get my car serviced so soon after picking it up in New Jersey.
Yes that is what they told me at the service center that it will be a mobile service.

Took delivery yesterday!! Very easy! Absolutely perfect (cosmetically and exterior wise). Charging ports were there, as well as wireless charging! The only thing i can't figure out is the live camera viewing via sentry mode...the option isn't even there for me to use, even though my car and app are both up to date..not sure what's happening there
Do not have mine but guessing the Sentry mode requires the USB memory stick plugged in ?

My sentry mode (live video capability) is not even available as an option to me (through the app and the car) at the moment, took delivery yesterday. Was that also not available to you initially? and if so, is it working now?
Last I heard, live video is only available for Apple iOS for now. I have an Android phone and I still don't have it either.

Last edited: