Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As soon as I took it on the highway, I started getting repeated messages regarding both the left and right pillar camera being blinded. When I turned on autopilot this morning, it seemed to apply phantom brakes. I am at a point where I wouldnt trust the autopilot with just vision. I'm glad I did not get the full fsd.
Overall, the ride is awesome.

In the manual. it says you need to drive about 25 miles first to calibrate the cameras:

Put it on a well marked highway and drive about 10-12 miles and it will probably calibrate quickly.

I truly believe you have the black hole of configurations. I have the same config and my EDD got bumped to Feb with an 8/15 OD. I ordered a different config with a different delivery location this morning and I’m anxious to see which shows up first!
maybe blue + aero wheel is somehow causing a delay. My edd got bumped from dec 23-21 to jan 30-feb 27, similar config but with white interior, ordered on 11/2.

maybe blue + aero wheel is somehow causing a delay. My edd got bumped from dec 23-21 to jan 30-feb 27, similar config but with white interior, ordered on 11/2.
everyone taking deliv at fremont seems to have the longest wait. prob too many people in the area ordering cars and the lots are filled. Or lots are filled because no one is taking deliv til 1/1. Lol. Gonna reiterate, my OD was 10/24 and my one and only EDD is still 12/16-31. no movement. fremont pickup. Blue/Aero/Black/NO FSD.

Part of me wants to pick up ASAP but realistically gonna pick up 1/1 with like 100s of other people haha if my car is ready then.

Paramus,NJ
Order date: 10/23/2021
3LR, WHT/WHT, AERO no FSD
EDD 12/7-12/31; 12/3-12/9
Delivery 12/4

So today is the day, and I can’t really sleep, so here is an update.
Yesterday I got a long text from Tesla saying that the car may not arrive until after my appt time, and if it doesn’t show up by end of day, I’d have to reschedule for next week (Bergen county blue laws). I told them I’d just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Later in the day they texted back saying “the delivery appointment is no longer in danger”. Whoo hoo!

So now I just have a few more hours. I’m gonna Uber over there and drive it back home. I would have preferred a delivery to my home, (18 mins away) but that wasn’t offered to me. (And I didn’t want any more delays)

Looking forward to the end of this wild wait.
Pics to come!

Waiting on an blue AWD w white interior. I plan on getting PPF at least on the front. I know it’s a terrible investment but I want this to look nice after 4, 6, even years. Not for resale purposes but for me.

Is there anything I could/should do to protect my white seats from staining? I’m thinking back to old days we’d spray scotch guard on home furniture. Any such equivalent for Tesla seats?

Reactions: tm1v2
Waiting on an blue AWD w white interior. I plan on getting PPF at least on the front. I know it’s a terrible investment but I want this to look nice after 4, 6, even years. Not for resale purposes but for me.

Is there anything I could/should do to protect my white seats from staining? I’m thinking back to old days we’d spray scotch guard on home furniture. Any such equivalent for Tesla seats?
Regarding seats, there are so many opinions out there. They make a ceramic protection product you can apply but I have read so many comments from people who have had the white seats for years and claim they clean up just fine. I think we're just going to keep them clean frequently. Chemical Guys has a ceramic cleaning product we might use.

Reactions: Spuzzz
I truly believe you have the black hole of configurations. I have the same config and my EDD got bumped to Feb with an 8/15 OD. I ordered a different config with a different delivery location this morning and I’m anxious to see which shows up first!
OK, funny update on this. Yesterday I ordered the LR White/black/aero with Brooklyn delivery, not because it's convenient, but because I'm guessing based on location it's the least busy pick up location in the trip-state. It just said February delivery. This morning I wake to my first EDD of 12/21 - 12/31. Seriously? Now given my history with my first order, I don't believe it for a second, but if it ends up being accurate I will be dumbfounded. At least I would be pretty justified in requesting my deposit back on my first order!!

OK, funny update on this. Yesterday I ordered the LR White/black/aero with Brooklyn delivery, not because it's convenient, but because I'm guessing based on location it's the least busy pick up location in the trip-state. It just said February delivery. This morning I wake to my first EDD of 12/21 - 12/31. Seriously? Now given my history with my first order, I don't believe it for a second, but if it ends up being accurate I will be dumbfounded. At least I would be pretty justified in requesting my deposit back on my first order!!
At pick up yesterday, I mentioned your situation to the SA and he did say the delay was probably your color combo. But I also observed that the only non white, black or gray Teslas to be delivered, I only saw one red Y. It makes me think that all the red and blue would start being pumped out in big numbers soon. If I were in your shoes, I would keep both orders open and see which comes first. Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: Plum Loco and EV70
At pick up yesterday, I mentioned your situation to the SA and he did say the delay was probably your color combo. But I also observed that the only non white, black or gray Teslas to be delivered, I only saw one red Y. It makes me think that all the red and blue would start being pumped out in big numbers soon. If I were in your shoes, I would keep both orders open and see which comes first. Fingers crossed for you.
Yeah, that’s the plan I’ll jump on the first one to come in. I’m not canceling anything until right before delivery day of the first one to come in.

Reactions: Renoir
Your car looks great. Congrats!! How fun was the drive home? Get any easter eggs going yet?

Reactions: Renoir
Woke up this morning to a message that Tesla was making changes to order and then a link to the vision agreement. I have heard a vin follows shortly but is there a deadline to accept the agreement? Could I push off for a few weeks in hopes to take delivery first week of Jan?

Your car looks great. Congrats!! How fun was the drive home? Get any easter eggs going yet?
Thanks so much! The drive home was so so, thank goodness we live so close, my 17 year old daughter got so car sick. It must be me not used to the aggressive regen. In our Ioniq EV I drive with level 3 regen, which isn’t as strong as the M3, but it never seemed to bother her. I’m sure she’ll eventually get used to it, otherwise it’ll be the Ioniq whenever we ride together.

I didn’t have much time to play around much with it. My scheduled pick up date was for Thursday and I took Friday off from work to mess around with it, but since I picked up yesterday I haven’t had any one on one time with it yet. Hopefully after I run all of my weekend errands.

Happy Saturday!

Reactions: EV70
With a 12/3 delivery date on a 9/9 order surprise! Text at 11am on 12/1 I can pick up in Chicago at 3:30 can you make it? Duh start calling freinds with no luck getting a ride when I was reminded the South Shore train could get me there. $3.75 for the train and $40 on a $10 cab ride I wished Happy Holidays when I arrived at 2:30. After seeing my name in the winshield I couldn't get the car opened. At this point a Tesla employee helped get me in. 3:30 and I start the trek home!
While I consider myself computer literate the tech is overwelming. What a wonderful car.
All was well but can't make a Iphone wireless charge. Still running a 7 that doesn't have the capabilities but laid a couple of my freinds phones in position with no result. Getting by with the minimum charge. Not as big a deal as I would have thought. The 5 20 is on the way while I wait on a electrician to put 4 wires in to finish the install on a 14 50 plug. With all the suffering to get to this point it Was All Worth It. Stay strong and safe your time will come....

Attachments

• IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    576.6 KB · Views: 70
That is too funny. Off to the race to see which car gets here first. At least if you have to pick up in BK, you’ll get to try the car on the Taconic. Assuming you’re up that way(why you picked Mt Kisco).

Reactions: EV70
That is too funny. Off to the race to see which car gets here first. At least if you have to pick up in BK, you’ll get to try the car on the Taconic. Assuming you’re up that way(why you picked Mt Kisco).
Ha, yes sir. And I’ll have a chance to open it up on 684 first to get me some acceleration and calibrate those cameras before I hit the taconic!