Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current language states it is effective 1/1/2022 or later if passed later. It is not retro active. The House will need to approve the senate updates and right now immigration might get cut bc it may not be legal to be part of the budget reconciliation. Tesla needs to run a business, and will deliver cars as there is no credit on the horizon.

This is my understanding as well. The cap removal was retroactive in the previous Senate version, but what is currently discussed does not have that language anymore.

This is my understanding as well. The cap removal was retroactive in the previous Senate version, but what is currently discussed does not have that language anymore.
By no means am I an expert in comprehending legislative text. So, I'm trying to square the above against the below snippet from the EV tax credit section of H.R. 5376.

Might it be that the effective date of overall document is the date it is signed into law, but the various programs included within the law have individual effective dates as defined throughout the document?
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 5.18.40 PM.png

Reactions: Paul4343
By no means am I an expert in comprehending legislative text. So, I'm trying to square the above against the below snippet from the EV tax credit section of H.R. 5376.

Might it be that the effective date of overall document is the date it is signed into law, but the various programs included within the law have individual effective dates as defined throughout the document?View attachment 741023
My understanding is that for 2022 it will be(if passed) a tax credit. Starting in 2023 it would be point-of-sale discount.

Reactions: down in a hole
Ordered 10/30 - M3LR Deep Metallic Blue / Black Interior / 18" Aero Wheels
Nov 1: EDD: 11/21 - 12/19
Nov 6: EDD 11/22 - 12/06
Nov 18: EDD 11/30 - 12/06 w/VIN in source code
Dec 1: Tentative Delivery 12/07 @11am

Whelp….. looks like my wait is just about over I popped by the Tesla SC this morning to inquire about whether or not the car had arrived, and whether they’d let me see it —-

The car has in fact arrived! But they had it inside in the back, prepping it for delivery, so they would not allow me in the work area to see it. Nonetheless they confirmed the car would be available for pickup at my appointment, he even offered to call me tomorrow if it was available for pickup early!

It’s been a blast commiserating with you all during the wait! And good luck to everyone still waiting to get their hands on these wonderful machines!

Argh! We are back to 2022 again. I thought I was due to get my VIN any day.

Austin, Texas

LongRangeAWD/Grey/White/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/5
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD on 11/8: April 14-May 5
EDD on 11/14: December 8-December 31
EDD on 11/23: December 13-27
EDD on 11/27: January 14-February 11
EDD on 12/1: December 19-31
EDD on 12:5: January 14-February 11
Same car as mine, assuming your Grey is my Silver. :). Your order is 20d older than mine.

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / Silver / White / Aero / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31
3nd EDD: (11/30) 1/15 - 2/12/22
4th EDD: (12/3) 12/21 - 12/31

I expect this means I will see an EDD delay tomorrow. No reason to expect I would get mine before you, unless somehow Indiana trumps Texas for delivery priority

M3 LR Midnight Silver/White with 18 Aero Rims no FSD
Vancouver Canada
OD: 10/31
1st EDD (11/01): 12/18 to 12/31
2nd EDD (11/07): 12/05 to 12/31
3rd EDD (11/19): 11/27 to 12/11
4th EDD (11/21): 12/05 to 12/31
5th EDD (11/25): 12/03 to 12/17

No emails or text from Tesla and no Vin in the account or in the source code 🤷‍♂️
M3 LR Midnight Silver/White with 18 Aero Rims no FSD

Vancouver Canada

OD: 10/31

1st EDD (11/01): 12/18 to 12/31

2nd EDD (11/07): 12/05 to 12/31

3rd EDD (11/19): 11/27 to 12/11

4th EDD (11/21): 12/05 to 12/31

5th EDD (11/25): 12/03 to 12/17

6th EDD (12/02): 12/07 to 12/19

No Vin or vision yet

Reactions: Murky-Article
Thanks, I really like those. They are backordered right now but I will keep this on my mind:

FYI for you or anyone else curious about these…I placed my order for them on Nov 7. They shipped late last week and UPS tracking has them getting delivered tomorrow 12/6.

I think they look much better than the aero covers the wheels came with.

FYI for you or anyone else curious about these…I placed my order for them on Nov 7. They shipped late last week and UPS tracking has them getting delivered tomorrow 12/6.

I think they look much better than the aero covers the wheels came with.
Im curious.... I know the car wants to know about your wheel / tire / cover configuration so it can accurately measure and predict the impact that has on your driving range. Do you happen to know how you plan to "tell" your M3 about these new covers?

The current language states it is effective 1/1/2022 or later if passed later. It is not retro active. The House will need to approve the senate updates and right now immigration might get cut bc it may not be legal to be part of the budget reconciliation. Tesla needs to run a business, and will deliver cars as there is no credit on the horizon.
Where do you see that language? I didn't see that when I read the bill. I think it just says the credits start on 1/1/2022.

That can always change, but this effective date is so minor in the scope of the BBB bill, that I have a feeling they won't change the date unless the bill can't get passed in the next 2-3 months. .

Oh and FYI for multiple bank account folks for deposit. Tesla told me to bring multiple cashier checks instead. Online multiple accounts is not possible.

Good to just do this a month ahead of EDD if you can. Don’t wait because they’ll spring a del date on you last second… Lesson learned! It’ll work out, just stressful.

Should take delivery tomorrow or Tuesday!!

Oh and FYI for multiple bank account folks for deposit. Tesla told me to bring multiple cashier checks instead. Online multiple accounts is not possible.

Good to just do this a month ahead of EDD if you can. Don’t wait because they’ll spring a del date on you last second… Lesson learned! It’ll work out, just stressful.

Should take delivery tomorrow or Tuesday!!
I can just bring a singular routing and checking number right?

Where do you see that language? I didn't see that when I read the bill. I think it just says the credits start on 1/1/2022.

That can always change, but this effective date is so minor in the scope of the BBB bill, that I have a feeling they won't change the date unless the bill can't get passed in the next 2-3 months. .

The current wording is as follows:

(A) to ensure that each vehicle manufactured by
such manufacturer after the later of the date on which
such agreement takes effect or December 31, 2021
, and
that meets the requirements of subparagraphs (D), (E),
and (F) of paragraph (1) and paragraph (6) of
subsection (e) is labeled with a unique vehicle
identification number

The "after the later of the date on which such agreement takes effect" makes me worried that the tax credit might be valid after it is signed to law.

The full text is here on the Congress website:

Reactions: halcyonsc
M3 LR, Red, pickup in Surrey, BC

Order date: Oct 17
Estimated Delivery on Oct 18 = Dec 11-Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Oct 22 = Nov 25 - Dec 23
Estimated Delivery on Nov 19 = Nov 26 - Dec 10
Estimated Delivery on Nov 23 = Dec 17 - Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Nov 25= Nov 28 - Dec 11
Estimated Delivery on Nov 29= Dec 02 - Dec 14
Estimated Delivery on Dec 3 = Dec 06 - Dec 17
Estimated Delivery on Dec 5 = Dec 07 - Dec 13 (Vision agreement and VIN in source code) Woot woot!

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3 and marcooo