Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. EDD says "TBD". I'm just freaking out because according to some people they're immediately getting VINs.

View attachment 746368
So as soon as I lifted my hold, got a vision agreement, and a text message from Tesla to select a delivery date between 12/27-12/29. I responded to the text message requesting a callback from Tesla. A rep called me back, and I explained to her that I cannot take delivery this month, and she said she'll release the VIN to someone else, and I will get the next vehicle matched to me. So although my fears were warranted, it turned out well.

Hello all, First post here, My order date was 11/24 for M3LR Red/White Aero wheels, I got my VIN 2 days ago and set up delivery for 12/27 between 10:00 am and Noon, I am feeling like a kid at Christmas!! My Wall Charger has been delivered and I am ready! 2 minutes ago I got a text saying my delivery has been delayed for a few days, :( I guess I will push it past Jan 1 just in case the tax credit thing goes through and I get lucky

Reactions: CarlThompson
Reason to wait till Jan 1?
On the chance that Congress passes some type of EV credit/rebate bill in the next year that is retroactive to 1/1/22. I know it is wishful thinking. Personally, I can wait 10 days for the (slim) possibility of getting ~$8000. I don't want to take off my hold and take delivery on the 30th and then have Congress pass something and miss it by a few day. On the other hand, I would like to take delivery as early as possible in January rather then February or later.

MSLR, Blue/Black/18/No FSD MA

No reason not to. A few days can potentially net you thousands of dollars in free money.
Not with your configuration, unless FSD is not considered? (55K cap in the bill as it doesn't stand today).

For us, going into February (or beyond) was not an option. Factoring in more possible supply chain issues due to countries closing up a bit (as much speculation as the BBB bill I guess), more inflation in January, etc...we are fine with the possible loss.

Most helpful. Thank you, Delta1. What brand of tint did you install. I’m getting quotes that are quite varied depending on features and brand Suntek, 3M and xpel (cheaper to more expensive, respectively).
Xpel (for PPF and window tint). If I remember correctly the shop we used (A Plus Auto Styling) only uses Xpel. It was not cheap, but we were really happy with the results.

Didn't Manchin kill this already?
White House is not giving up and will continue trying to "convince" him. Unless we hear from the Senate that they are not voting on BBB, it is not dead yet. We can say it is on life-support right now. Nevertheless, even for the slightest chance that there will be some EV tax credit for vehicles purchased on or after 1/1/2022, I think it is worth just to wait 10 more days.

Didn't Machin kill this already?
Yes the current iteration is dead. Whatever will/may get passed will need to go back through the House again. Who knows what the dates will be for receiving the rebate. Its all a crap shoot at this point. If you can afford to wait and are patient enough to wait, then wait. If you're banking on the tax rebate to afford the car, maybe look at buying a different car.

So as soon as I lifted my hold, got a vision agreement, and a text message from Tesla to select a delivery date between 12/27-12/29. I responded to the text message requesting a callback from Tesla. A rep called me back, and I explained to her that I cannot take delivery this month, and she said she'll release the VIN to someone else, and I will get the next vehicle matched to me. So although my fears were warranted, it turned out well.
thats crazy, my EDD still hasnt moved

You can't get loans/insurance without a VIN which is pretty tough to do in 3 days so just push it out...won't be an issue.
Due to the wait most people have cash selected, but yeah I agree.

Insurance takes a few minutes, unless you are shopping (recommended). This is our second Tesla, our prior insurer wanted to triple our rates, Naturally, if my name was Brandon, they were saying lets go Brandon, so we changed insurers.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
You can't get loans/insurance without a VIN which is pretty tough to do in 3 days so just push it out...won't be an issue.
Just got off the phone with them they were happy to move it to the 30th but not open to changing it to after January. My center is Burbank and they mentioned they’re still doing drop offs vs. pickups so having someone else take delivery of it was an option as long as it’s a private property or designated parking spot. I sent in the mvpa to DCU yesterday so im still waiting for them to approve the loan which hopefully gets done soon. Hopefully everyone else is having a much less stressful wait

Reactions: Ashn and aljlin