Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with them they were happy to move it to the 30th but not open to changing it to after January. My center is Burbank and they mentioned they’re still doing drop offs vs. pickups so having someone else take delivery of it was an option as long as it’s a private property or designated parking spot. I sent in the mvpa to DCU yesterday so im still waiting for them to approve the loan which hopefully gets done soon. Hopefully everyone else is having a much less stressful wait
I’m glad to hear that at least they were willing to work with you at least a little bit on the dates. Besides one other case with an extenuating circumstance, I haven’t heard much flexibility beyond the 3 days of original offered delivery date.

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been as active last few days but have been enjoying the car too much and didn't have much time 😁
Just wanted to let you guys know(especially the ones still waiting on their cars) the wait was worth it. This car is so much fun to drive!

I also want to share a few things in case anyone is considering doing something similar
1. Charging from a 10-30 dryer plug
- I ran a 25ft extension cord to my garage door and use the 10-30 Tesla adapter - charging at 6kwh or 23mph. Plenty for my needs. Scheduled charging at off-peak hours at $0.17/kwh(YMMV)
Extension Cord - 10-30

2. Aero wheel covers
- Took them off and installed a wheel cap kit. Car looks better IMO and had a few compliments on "the new wheels".
Wheel Cap Kit

3. Mud flaps/guards
- Just installed. Supposed to rain rest of this week so we'll see how they do.
Mud flaps/guards

4. Center console
- These are on their way. The center console has this huge storage space but no way to keep it organized. Tesla should implement something similar IMO
Center console trays

5. Screen protector
- On its way
Screen protector

6. Tint
- Next on my to do list is Tint. Still looking for a decent place with decent cost.
Congratulations. A nice list of must have accessories.
Are planning on PPF or Ceramic or both?

I’m glad to hear that at least they were willing to work with you at least a little bit on the dates. Besides one other case with an extenuating circumstance, I haven’t heard much flexibility beyond the 3 days of original offered delivery date.
I was a little tempted to wait just to see when those hardware updates for 2022 would make it over to the states!

That being said it seems like giving them a call and getting an understanding SA is the way to go. They did ask me what my travel schedule was to see what they could do. They did say that I would be next in line should I release my VIN as well. Hope that helps anyone else in a similar situation.

Reactions: The Meal
Congratulations. A nice list of must have accessories.
Are planning on PPF or Ceramic or both?
Either one would cost thousands so will skip. Considering PPF on front bumper only(and maybe headlights) but undecided yet. Got 2 quotes for PPF bumper only $450 and $1495. No, there's no typo. These are the actual numbers I got($1000 difference??) Below is a quick summary of a quote I got. Location: Bay Area. California

ItemCost
Paint Protection FIlm
Front End + 4 Full Doors$4,095.00
Front End Only$2,695.00
Front Bumper Only$1,495.00
3M Crystalline
Side Windows$500.00
Rear Windshield (1 Piece Only)$800.00
Front Windshield$500.00

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoG
Some states charge personal property tax on vehicles owned on 1/1 for that tax year. That's the main reason I'm waiting until 1/2. On a $50k car, it would be about a $1700 bill due at the end of the year. Might as well kick that down the road another year if I can help it.
Sound reason IMO. In Arizona they are raising the registration cost for EVs starting next year and coming to parity with ICE vehicles in 2023. So there is a ~$1,500 incentive to take delivery this year, based on a 5-year registration.

BBB would have bested that but I’m no longer holding my breath.

Did you remove your hold or did it expire?
It expired. I ordered on Nov 8th SA said okay I will put a hold until December 20th. I did not want to hold until Jan 1 because I applied for the loan and the 60 days ends on Jan 8th. (I had a car assigned from existing inventory that is why I applied for the loan on Nov 8th) Didn't know about BBB before the 8th of Nov.

Either one would cost thousands so will skip. Considering PPF on front bumper only(and maybe headlights) but undecided yet. Got 2 quotes for PPF bumper only $450 and $1495. No, there's no typo. These are the actual numbers I got($1000 difference??) Below is a quick summary of a quote I got. Location: Bay Area. California

ItemCost
Paint Protection FIlm
Front End + 4 Full Doors$4,095.00
Front End Only$2,695.00
Front Bumper Only$1,495.00
3M Crystalline
Side Windows$500.00
Rear Windshield (1 Piece Only)$800.00
Front Windshield$500.00
I think that’s a wise decision. I got both on my first Tesla. However, I am not going to do it a second time. The car is always garage kept. We wash it every week. Rarely goes on the highway.
So I don’t see a reason for the PPF. I have had other cars and I never spent 1000’s to protect those. Why start something new. Lol
That’s me though.

Reactions: hlin07