Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel absolutely gut punched. I got my car on the 20th. It has Intel and old battery. What the ****. I saw the comparison video of speeds between the two and yes, loading is faster for applications. I really hope that its *just* that for a LONG time.

Pickup in St. Louis was a pleasure. They now have a new vehicle/ owner orientation team that helps you set your car up. Absolutely love the car.

Attachments

• 17014ADA-1E19-4742-95B4-67514F7D4855.jpeg
    17014ADA-1E19-4742-95B4-67514F7D4855.jpeg
    510.9 KB · Views: 69
I feel absolutely gut punched. I got my car on the 20th. It has Intel and old battery. What the ****. I saw the comparison video of speeds between the two and yes, loading is faster for applications. I really hope that its *just* that for a LONG time.
Tesla innovates faster than other car companies and doesn't wait for model year changes to introduce new features. It's their main strength. It also means you'll never have the latest and greatest unless you buy new every few months. Just remember whatever car you get it's better than all the ones before it.

Tesla innovates faster than other car companies and doesn't wait for model year changes to introduce new features. It's their main strength. It also means you'll never have the latest and greatest unless you buy new every few months. Just remember whatever car you get it's better than all the ones before it.
I was just talking about this with a friend. Traditional auto manufacturers change their style every couple years to get people to buy "the latest" and the seem to spend little on tech. I'm glad Tesla has destroyed this concept with OTA updates and avoiding typical dealership buying experience. While there are manufacturing flaws at times (not sure it's even more than today's ICE vehicles), it's still a much better end product and buying experience for most. Looking at the Ford Lightning, some dealers have notified their customers they are adding a markup 10k-30k, insane. This is why I went with a Tesla, can't wait to take delivery.

Reactions: Paul4343 and hlin07
I was just talking about this with a friend. Traditional auto manufacturers change their style every couple years to get people to buy "the latest" and the seem to spend little on tech. I'm glad Tesla has destroyed this concept with OTA updates and avoiding typical dealership buying experience. While there are manufacturing flaws at times (not sure it's even more than today's ICE vehicles), it's still a much better end product and buying experience for most. Looking at the Ford Lightning, some dealers have notified their customers they are adding a markup 10k-30k, insane. This is why I went with a Tesla, can't wait to take delivery.
Agreed, I bought multiple cars in the past and I can't remember any of them from traditional dealership took less than 3 hours. Last year, I helped my dad buying a Honda, took close to six freaking hours. My Tesla, took 15 minutes. Drove next to the car, inspect the car, accept delivery, drove out. DONE.

Got it yesterday!!!

To recap: Blue, black interior, standard wheels and no FSD, ordered on 11/08.

They noticed a small scratch on one of the back panels and they will change it, they told us to use the app to mark any other thing we notice and they should be able to service everything at the same appointment. We noticed some scratches on the front hood, I think they can disappear with some polish, but I will let them do it since it needs serviced anyway. Everything else seems good: no gaps, wireless phone charging works etc.

VIN ends with 1384XX and we have the Intel processor.

M3LR Midnight Silver/Black/18"/no FSD
OD: 11/16/21
EDD #1: 2/15 - 3/15 (this is a guess, I don't remember the exact dates)
EDD #2: 1/27 - 2/24 (current)

Ordered it in Florida, got my registration changed to CA once I had a home address to use there. Hoping that it delivers on the earlier side of the window since I'm moving on Jan 2nd and won't have a car until it arrives.