Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else login to this forum 15 times a day, thinking one of these logins you're going to read a message like: "Hey [insert your name], today's your lucky day and your VIN is about to get assigned!"...? 😆
Is that all? Please allow me to share how a seasoned veteran gets it done.

Not only do you check the forum 15 times a day, you also open the app to check 15 times a day, after that you log into the tesla website because the app sometimes doesn't update EDD, and finally you check the source code just in case a vin is assigned.

Yea, after multiple teslas, I still can't wait to get my next tesla, especially if the car comes with Ryzen processor. I can't emphasize enough on number of times my screen blacks out for no reason, back up camera doesn't show up for a minute, YouTube loads like my first Windows ME computer or dial up for those that remembers.

:cool:

Interesting that they called you, had you contacted them before?
Yes I've spoken to my assigned SA multiple times. To be fair I was told some things that were not accurate during my test drive. An SA got in touch to convince me to order and answer my questions. Tesla must have figured I'm old school and actually need the human aspect of purchase a car.

So I was told my car is in the process of being built and to expect a VIN this week.

Just put in a new order today. I've had a SR+ since 4/19. I recently got a job that's pushing the limits in the winter, so it was time to upgrade. With the used prices, how could I not? I found it interesting that delivery wasn't an option to my address this time around. I ended up picking up the first one, but planned on them just dropping this one, guess not. . . Have they cut down their delivery options?

Just put in a new order today. I've had a SR+ since 4/19. I recently got a job that's pushing the limits in the winter, so it was time to upgrade. With the used prices, how could I not? I found it interesting that delivery wasn't an option to my address this time around. I ended up picking up the first one, but planned on them just dropping this one, guess not. . . Have they cut down their delivery options?
Maybe they have new distance rules and while you qualified last time you did not this time. A lot of talk here on this forum regarding the new Ryzen processor and the current (old) Intel Atom processor. Did you encounter any issues/slowness/blacked out camera with your current SR+ ?

Maybe they have new distance rules and while you qualified last time you did not this time. A lot of talk here on this forum regarding the new Ryzen processor and the current (old) Intel Atom processor. Did you encounter any issues/slowness/blacked out camera with your current SR+ ?
They must have, I'm 265 miles from the delivery center. As far as the screen, yea for sure. I'd have cameras drop out from day 1. Some of the theatre apps are very slow too (netflix) Love the car though, and if not for the new job, I wouldn't have considered it.

Hi all,

Just wanted to provide another data point on receiving a VIN.

MSM/White/18 LR

OD: 10/31
Initial EDD: 12/9-12/30 (off the top of my head)
First VIN: 12/9 (put on hold until 1/15)
Manually took off hold on 1/2
Second EDD: 1/6-1/20
Third EDD (changed on 1/8): 1/9-1/20
Second VIN: 1/9

All this talk about the new features have me thinking if I should delay delivery if the MCU isn't updated. If I had no prior communication aside from delaying my delivery, who would I have to reach out to?

Hi all,

Just wanted to provide another data point on receiving a VIN.

MSM/White/18 LR

OD: 10/31
Initial EDD: 12/9-12/30 (off the top of my head)
First VIN: 12/9 (put on hold until 1/15)
Manually took off hold on 1/2
Second EDD: 1/6-1/20
Third EDD (changed on 1/8): 1/9-1/20
Second VIN: 1/9

All this talk about the new features have me thinking if I should delay delivery if the MCU isn't updated. If I had no prior communication aside from delaying my delivery, who would I have to reach out to?
What is your last 6 of VIN? That should help determine if you got a reject vehicle or new.

How do you determine it? I think opensource shared his number here. I might get my VIN anytime soon with same config at same location except 19" wheel option. So I'm interested to know the mechanism to determine it.
Not sure there is an official/consistent way but I think it may be based off recent vins others have reported recently. Opensource has Tesla reached out to you yet to schedule delivery? If so what was the delivery window they gave to you? If they haven’t reached out yet, it may be more likely new given proximity to the factory.

VIN assigned (ends in 15489) out of Cincinnati
M3LR/MSM/White interior

Original order October 10ish
Put on hold until December 28
Once off hold, showed a January 18-29 EDD
Never changed from that (even when I changed the color from white to MSM on January 1)
Got the VIN today. Still need to accept and upload my trade in information.

Gonna call and ask if it is a AMD chip. If it's not, might ask if I cns reject this Vin and try for the next. Worth a shot.

Reactions: Karthik-M3LR
Toronto Area, ordered M3 LR White 18” Aero
Order date Dec 7
EDD 1 Februrary
EDD 2 Jan 26-Feb 24
EDD 3 Jan 14-Feb 11
EDD 4 April 3 - May 1

Oddly enough, i was thinking I’d rather take delivery in Late march-early April. Past the majority of winter here in Canada, and more likely to get some 2022 updates (AMD please!)
But I’ve done no holds or anything. I’ve seen others report similar fluctuations, I’m sure it’ll change again. But definitely no rhyme or reason to this order/edd process I guess.
The process does seem a bit random. Thanks for the update Blackfish, I'll expect a push back soon..

Toronto, M3 LR Blue 18" noFSD
OD Dec 16
EDD Jan 27 - Feb 24
No further updates.