Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 90 day window would end sometime around the end of this month. Honestly, I'm fine with eating $250 (was worth a gamble in case BBB was passed) but whatever ends up happening, I'll be fine with it. Still don't have a VIN yet.

You could always change your order to something else (SR, M3P) then wait a while longer, then change it back. Could just be another option to extend versus losing your $250 all together. I had an original order for a M3LR placed 11/15/21 but currently have it changed to a M3P since middle of December, never have had to place a hold yet.

You could always change your order to something else (SR, M3P) then wait a while longer, then change it back. Could just be another option to extend versus losing your $250 all together. I had an original order for a M3LR placed 11/15/21 but currently have it changed to a M3P since middle of December, never have had to place a hold yet.
I wonder if you chance the order, you will need to pay the new higher price. RWD are $5k more now.

Sorry if my question sounds ignorant - been lurking here for a few weeks (wanted to see what everyone's experience was like and I'm hoping to order on 4/20 for the memes and have it land sometime near my birthday), for those who are trying to basically win the CPU lottery and/or qualify for a future EV credit, would switching from the cash or finance option to the leasing option not be a viable solution?

Lease a 2022 M3 LR, and if you get the Intel Atom, or the old 12V battery, or miss out on a future EV credit, you could drive it for 6 months, then order a late-2022 M3 LR and then do an early lease return (Tesla doesn't do lease buyouts AFAIK, buy why would you if there's new hardware) after receiving your (new) M3 with a significant hardware upgrade (since it looks like retrofitting is not an option)?

Would anyone consider doing this (IIRC generally leasing is usually more expensive)?
If you returned it after 6 months you would need to payout the rest of the lease. It does seem like recently Tesla has let people return it with no payout since they can resell it very quickly for a profit since you paid off a good portion of it. Leasing a Tesla is a very bad financial decision in most cases unless you have it for business use and can write it off your tax liability.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRP3
First time posting here -- Can someone help me understand why someone who placed a Hold (for whatever the reason) thinks that they should be anywhere but the end of the line once they remove their hold? Nonetheless:

LR MSM/Black 19” No FSD, Pennsylvania

OD: 12/11
EDD1: Feb-March
EDD2: 1/20 to 2/17

The car comes when the car comes, way too many actual important things in life to worry about than when an automobile is delivered

Can someone help me understand why someone who placed a Hold (for whatever the reason) thinks that they should be anywhere but the end of the line once they remove their hold?
For all all intents and purposes, it's like stepping aside in the queue and letting others cut in front of you. But when the hold is lifted, you're back in the queue. And that's how it works right now. People who've lifted their holds are getting EDDs earlier than the ones you ordered later. Not sure what's so difficult to understand.

First time posting here -- Can someone help me understand why someone who placed a Hold (for whatever the reason) thinks that they should be anywhere but the end of the line once they remove their hold? Nonetheless:

Because Tesla allows it? The delivery dates are all over the place, and Tesla only gives you a 3 day window to accept delivery. After some people wait for months, that 3 day window may not work for everyone who has already waited for months.

Put it this way, if you wait for months and finally get a delivery date, but are travelling that week (or have covid or whatever), wouldn't you be pretty upset if you had to start all over again? It's not like Tesla refunds the order fee while your order is on hold, and they don't allow holds beyond 90 days anyway.

For all all intents and purposes, it's like stepping aside in the queue and letting others cut in front of you. But when the hold is lifted, you're back in the queue. And that's how it works right now. People who've lifted their holds are getting EDDs earlier than the ones you ordered later. Not sure what's so difficult to understand.
Thanks for the answer to a simple question; extra thank you for additional attitude for no particular reason :)

Congrats on the VIN - fingers crossed you have the Intel chip !!

Reactions: Shmesla
M3LR, White Exterior, Black Interior, 18" Aero, No FSD, VA

Original order date: August 22, 2021 (SAs have referenced this as my order date on calls)
Updated order date: Sep 19, 2021 (date reflected on Order Agreement - paint change)

EDD History:
  • December 2021 (original)
  • Nov 20 - Nov 24 (on Nov 15)
  • Put on hold Nov 18
  • Took off hold Dec 29
  • Feb 5 - March 5 (on Dec 29)
  • Jan 13 - Jan 27 (on Dec 30)
  • TBD (on Jan 10)
Who else has experienced the "TBD" phenomenon before? Is it a positive, negative, or ambiguous sign for an impending delivery date?

There is also this in your order agreement folks just FYI:

1641832673267.png

Status
Not open for further replies.