Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This car buying experience is so odd, I got the floor matts, splash guards and wall charger ready to go but no CAR.
I hope this move to EV is worth all this anticipation LOL

Oh BTW, Sales folks are so useless. They don't share anything more repeating the EDD that's on the account
From my experience, once the VIN is assigned, they are very responsive to text messages. At least in my case.

Updating: OD Nov 8th (from existing inventory)
placed on hold Nov 18
Hold released Dec 20th received VIN Dec 21st placed on hold until Jan 1st. Hold released Dec 30th.
ED on Jan 1st: TBD
ED Jan 3rd week: Feb - March 31st
ED Jan 13th Jan 31st - Feb 14th
Changed configuration from white to MSM and white seats on Jan 15th ED dates still the same

I will let everyone know if the dates move back or stay the same because of configuration change. I think it’s good for people to know just in case you want to change anything.
And from what I’m seeing October orders are getting VIN’s and delivery dates.
This is for a Model Y?

Yes, I was surprised by that. I specifically indicated that my 90-day window is nearing its end but they put the hold for 30 days anyways. However, I also recall one forum member who said that the hold was automatically cancelled at the 90-day window, so that might happen to me as well. I will report if that occurs.
My hold was canceled automatically at 90 days. The only way I realized it is when they sent me the trade in text. After that I checked the app and there was an EDD.

OD 12/13, White/White/18"/no FSD

EDD:
12/13: February
12/15: January 13 - February 10
12/20: December 21 - December 31
12/22: January 13 - February 10
1/12: February 16 - March 16
1/18: January 25 - February 22

Doesn't look good. Still a one-month window. Expect it to be pushed back again.

Reactions: fcM3
For those of us suffering through absolutely no variation in Eternal Delivery Dates, I bring you hope. It isn't that my date moved forward or back, it's the fact that I now know they know my order exists, even if it's just a line entry in a database. I will also allow there is a Greater Force looking over our shoulders. Yesterday, I decided to sell my old car to a local dealer to lock in the value. Today, I wake to an EDD 2 weeks earlier. Coincidence?

Do we start chilling the Champagne? No, now I get to enjoy the roller coaster that is finally my turn to ride. Also that Greater Force knows that the electrician won't be here for several weeks, so I should expect the actual Delivery Date to be either long before, or after, that date. And what are the chances that the wall charger will be delivered before the electrician? I am stepping on no cracks and spilling no salt.
Blue/White/19"/Denver, No holds, No FSD, No calls to SA.
OD: 12/10
EDD1: 2/22-3/22
EDD2 (1/18): 2/9-3/9
I'm in KC and this aligns with mine. Along a little different build, seems reasonable.

With the talk of missing features what features are missing based off ordering middle of q4 2021 besides the center speaker?
Biggest missing feature for me, all 2022 M3s are coming with power only USB ports in the center console. Only data USB port is the one in the glove box. Because of that, certain games are not being installed that require a usb wired controller (cup head, sonic).
Rumor is that at some point these cars will have a software upgrade to the bluetooth module to allow bluetooth game controller connection. Then we will see these cars get the controller only games installed.
Fact is, new cars shipping now are missing a significant if not necessary feature with a potential for a work around in the future with no guarantee that'll happen.
From the current edition of the M3 manual:
Note
For some vehicles manufactured after approximately November 1, 2021, the center console USB ports may only support charging devices. Use the USB port inside the glove box for all other functions.

Biggest missing feature for me, all 2022 M3s are coming with power only USB ports in the center console. Only data USB port is the one in the glove box. Because of that, certain games are not being installed that require a usb wired controller (cup head, sonic).
Rumor is that at some point these cars will have a software upgrade to the bluetooth module to allow bluetooth game controller connection. Then we will see these cars get the controller only games installed.
Fact is, new cars shipping now are missing a significant if not necessary feature with a potential for a work around in the future with no guarantee that'll happen.
Note
For some vehicles manufactured after approximately November 1, 2021, the center console USB ports may only support charging devices. Use the USB port inside the glove box for all other functions.
FWIW my 2021 SR+ has two power only USB-C in the center console and one USB in the glove that I use for the controller. Delivery was in August, its fine.

Reactions: Blackfish
Note

Okay so why can't you air drop it? is the car not capable of connecting to home WiFi?

I was gonna keep asking TESLA for Range, more Range and MORE RANGE, Plus a faster charging architecture would be a killer!

Possible fantastic Ryzen news. Apologies for not capturing exact dates here.

East Coast US (DC Area)
M3LR
Black Ext
White Int
Aeros
No FSD

OD: 10/13/21
Hold 1: 10/14/21
Off Hold 1: 11/17/21
EDD as of 11/22: 12/16/12/31
VIN Assigned: ~12/16/21
Delivery Scheduled: 12/28
Sometime before delivery, possibly a couple days before Christmas, I called to unmatch and be put on hold to target a 22 delivery

Off Hold2: 1/3/22
EDD for first few days: 2/20-3/03
EDD as of ~ 1/8: 1/22-2/5
EDD as of 1/15: 1/21-1/27
VIN Assigned: 1/17 153xxx
Called TA 1/17: Confirmed build date of 1/09/22. Confirmed 12v Li-ion. Speculated Ryzen (does not say on sticker but said he believed they were produced together). Scheduled delivery.
Delivery Date: 1/23

I will update when I take delivery about the Ryzen!

Edit to include VIN
Edit to update OD
Ryzen Update

Bad news, but an important data point. I just got in contact with another SA who was able to check - I actually have the Intel CPU. He did confirm that I had the new 12v, so it’s interesting that I have one and not the other. I’ll still update Sunday.

Another important note, he confirmed that orders are AUTOMATICALLY canceled if you unmatch or refuse your second VIN. Not here, but I’ve seen chatter of people unmatching multiple times and that it’s up to the SA’s discretion. The SA I talked to was like “wow..who approved that. Actually, our systems were updated recently to auto cancel because of everyone trying to get the tax incentives”. YMMV but keep it in mind, don’t play with fire.

Well that IS their job, right?

Maybe Tesla is different but in every other business answering customer questions and trying to be helpful to them is part of being in sales!
Tesla is unlike any other sales company I have ever dealt with. Customer service is virtually unheard of by them. Eventually there will be more competition and their attitude may come back to bite them!

As an example: I ordered a Key Fob after receiving an email from Tesla that they were back in stock. This was on 1/10. It has not yet been shipped and of course, I have not received a response to my email requesting the status of my order.

Well after releasing a vin last Thrusday, I've been assigned another Vin today (this one even earlier in the sequence than the one I released Thursday). Of course still has Intel Atom chip. Need to decide if I should just accept delivery of this one or cancel and re-order. I'm ok with waiting until March since I don't really need a second vehicle in the short term, but I do have a sales tax credit on a vehicle I sold in November that expires in May, so I definitely want to take delivery by then at the latest. I am slightly concerned that if I cancel and re-order, they may just assign the same vin number from my previous order which would defeat the purpose and just cost me another $250... I guess another option would be to take delivery and order one down the road when all the updates have been incorporated. I still am not convinced all model 3's by March will have the updated chip.

Reactions: Paul4343
Ryzen Update

Bad news, but an important data point. I just got in contact with another SA who was able to check - I actually have the Intel CPU. He did confirm that I had the new 12v, so it’s interesting that I have one and not the other. I’ll still update Sunday.

Another important note, he confirmed that orders are AUTOMATICALLY canceled if you unmatch or refuse your second VIN. Not here, but I’ve seen chatter of people unmatching multiple times and that it’s up to the SA’s discretion. The SA I talked to was like “wow..who approved that. Actually, our systems were updated recently to auto cancel because of everyone trying to get the tax incentives”. YMMV but keep it in mind, don’t play with fire.
The mix-and-match of chip and battery sounds fishy to me. I think you will know for certain when you get the car this Sunday. Looking forward to your update.

I recall one post reporting a cancelled order after a very long hold (6 months or so). I think you can reject a VIN only once, not multiple times. Though, you can put multiple holds prior to VIN assignment as far as I know but still have to be within the 90-day window from your order date.