Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work out of town, and my window was during the 6 days I was gone, so they removed me when I asked them to hold it for a few extra days after my delivery window. I know they typically don't hold cars more than 3-4 days, but was hoping they would work with me a bit as my job is to travel and I have no way to work around that.
Did you get a new EDD or did they tell you how long until your next VIN?

I work out of town, and my window was during the 6 days I was gone, so they removed me when I asked them to hold it for a few extra days after my delivery window. I know they typically don't hold cars more than 3-4 days, but was hoping they would work with me a bit as my job is to travel and I have no way to work around that.
Sorry to hear this. I think that is so unprofessional and inconsiderate of Tesla. Tesla gets to move delivery dates at will for months, and yet the buyer is expected to be able to take delivery within 3 or 4 days, sometimes with little notice. I know there are a lot of Elon fans here (I respect him in many ways, but wouldn't call myself a fan), but this is something he could change if he wanted to, which would be the classy thing to do IMO and would greatly improve customer relations.

On a side note- Does anyone has any experience selling car to Vroom? Would like to decide between CarMax and Vroom as they both are matching the price.
I recently sold my car to Vroom in fact they just picked it up last night. Vroom had the best price but it’s a long process. I received my trade in quote on Dec 29th. I haven’t been paid yet but that should happen within 2-3 days after pickup according to their website.

I recently sold my car to Vroom in fact they just picked it up last night. Vroom had the best price but it’s a long process. I received my trade in quote on Dec 29th. I haven’t been paid yet but that should happen within 2-3 days after pickup according to their website.
Thank you for the info! in my case long duration works as long as they pay :). I would be left without a car until i get the delivery.Did they have any restriction on miles between the time of signing the contract to sell to them and when they pickup?

Thank you for the info! in my case long duration works as long as they pay :). I would be left without a car until i get the delivery.Did they have any restriction on miles between the time of signing the contract to sell to them and when they pickup?

Let’s hope they pay me what they quoted :oops:, I’ll give you an update when that happens. You’ll have to ask them that question about the mileage. After they sent me the quote I didn’t drive the car anymore, luckily I have a work truck that I used in the meantime.

Reactions: ds335
Check for online reviews for Vroom. It isn't that they're untrustworthy, their process is slow and unpredictable. CarMax, and others, give you a check on the spot. Easy decision.
I actually agree with you, the quote from Vroom was about a $1,000 more than CarMax but having to wait a month for the money was annoying. I’ll be really mad if they try to lower the quote which I heard can happen.

Seems like the whole of California has an edd similar to 1/20-2/17.. either there’s a massive shipment coming or we’re all getting delayed

Yep, mine was 1/16-2/13 and it did get delayed as you say but not a long one; my EDD is now 1/27-2/24. I'm hoping that now that nearly all the people with holds are probably back in queue that this new date range is the final one and we'll all get our cars soon!

Back in 2019 when I got my first M3 I had it delivered to my house because there was no sales center in over hundred miles. I had to pay for the vehicle before they delivered it but since it has a warranty and I was kicking the tires of their non dealer business model (I hope to never need a dealer again), it was the only way I could get it with out taking a serious drive. While I had reservations I trusted the process, trusted the warranty, played the odds and was very satisfied with the experience. Did you ask if paying for it and picking it up when you were back was an option? You would have to be comfortable buying with out seeing it, so there is definately a choice to make. If you had home delivery as an option, and were not there when it's delivered you would pay in advance and the car would be sitting at your house when you return. I don't know if it's an option to for non home deliveries but might be worth asking about to see if it's an option?

I just sold my wife’s gx460 to shift and they paid me $8k more than vroom and carvana. Their system is a little weird as they can cancel within 3 business days if there’s any structural damage but I got the money within 5 business days no problem.