Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you can have pre-purchased accessories like the protective film, mud flaps, wheel locks and garage door opener installed at delivery?

Other than the Tesla garage door opener (which they won't install at delivery, you have to make an appointment to bring it in to have installed), Tesla won't install the other items. Mud flaps and wheel locks are easy to install on your own. Depending on the protective film, you can either do it yourself or take it to a auto shop to have it done.

Reactions: hifixenthus
There are a number of YouTube videos covering what they think are essential add-ons and where to get them.
True. Don't be me - I think I spent the first three weeks after ordering my M3LR putting in orders for all sorts of accessories. No car yet, but a huge pile of cool doo-dads has accumulated in my garage... it's to the point where I don't have room for the car right now out there. Lol.

All weather floor mats seems to be a universal need... I got the Maxpider 3D set. I also got mud flaps, a rotating screen mount and screen protector, performance pedals, frunk strut upgrade kit, aero cover storage bag, trunk light bar and storage hooks, cupholder insert, Jowua USB hub and tray kit, jack pad pucks, official Tesla Model 3 license plate frame, Tesla ballcap, SpaceX ballcap and jacket, Samsung T7 SSD (for music and dashcam/sentry video storage), and a few other small things. Still have a half dozen items on my wishlist but I'm gonna knock the buying off until after I get the car, lol.

True. Don't be me - I think I spent the first three weeks after ordering my M3LR putting in orders for all sorts of accessories. No car yet, but a huge pile of cool doo-dads has accumulated in my garage... it's to the point where I don't have room for the car right now out there. Lol.

All weather floor mats seems to be a universal need... I got the Maxpider 3D set. I also got mud flaps, a rotating screen mount and screen protector, performance pedals, frunk strut upgrade kit, aero cover storage bag, trunk light bar and storage hooks, cupholder insert, Jowua USB hub and tray kit, jack pad pucks, official Tesla Model 3 license plate frame, Tesla ballcap, SpaceX ballcap and jacket, Samsung T7 SSD (for music and dashcam/sentry video storage), and a few other small things. Still have a half dozen items on my wishlist but I'm gonna knock the buying off until after I get the car, lol.
Wow! That’s quite a list

Have a delivery window late next week with a VIN assigned. Debating on going on hold for a week or two to try and get a Ryzen car. Any idea how long that would put me back in the line? My current VIN is an early one 153 range built 1/12, I think it was rejected by someone already.
Did you confirm it was not a Ryzen car? I received my VIN yesterday and VIN was 153 as well. It was built on Jan 13th I have MSM with white seats. What color is your car?

LOL I feel this.... Also ordered Maxpider mats, quick bandit mount, blacked out badges, interior dash/door trim caps, trunk spoiler, flow formed wheels, alum pedals, trunk hook, jack pucks, front footwell/puddle/rear footwell/trunk lights, center cap set for factory 18's, ambient light strips, screen protector, mud flaps, cup holder insert, and center console tray. No car yet.. sigh

Update today window narrowed down to 2 weeks finally.

Ordered SoCal: 11/26/2021 - LR/MSM/Black/Aero no FSD

11/26: 1st EDD: 1/21 - 2/18
12/4: 2nd EDD: 12/31 - 1/28
1/1: 3rd EDD: 1/9 - 2/6
1/10: 4th EDD: 1/20 - 2/17
1/21: 5th EDD: 1/26 - 2/23
1/22: 6th EDD: 1/25 - 2/08
Good luck I'm in Bakersfield but picking up in Burbank so socal as well. I ordered 11/24 and my 8th and most recent EDD is the same as yours.

Reactions: alasdairob
LOL I feel this.... Also ordered Maxpider mats, quick bandit mount, blacked out badges, interior dash/door trim caps, trunk spoiler, flow formed wheels, alum pedals, trunk hook, jack pucks, front footwell/puddle/rear footwell/trunk lights, center cap set for factory 18's, ambient light strips, screen protector, mud flaps, cup holder insert, and center console tray. No car yet.. sigh
I was just going to start making my list of accessories so thank you both for the ideas :)

LOL Same here. I created a spreadsheet of all the upgrades I wanted, segregated by things needed immediately, things needed a little later, and things that might be considered by not essential. I managed to hold off until today when I started ordering some of the essentials now that my delivery window appears to be within the next 2 weeks. Curious what spoiler you purchased, which is one of the only things on your list, besides ambient light strips, wheels, and dash/door trim caps, that I don't have on my list. I would opt for ambient lights if the on and off function was linked to the car being on or off.

Reactions: a-Sarkar
The only things I've ordered thus far are the nema 14/50 adapter and tuxmat floor mats since those seemed to be out of stock for a while and I definitely wanted them. I'm probably going to go with a cheaper set of mats for the trunk / frunk as well as a carbon rear spoiler similar to the performance model, but I'll wait till I'm closer to delivery to order those in case there are fitment issues.

Reactions: Doggerton
LR/RMC/Black/Aero no FSD, order date was 08/04/21.

Got a call 12/20/21 that I needed to answer the "how are you going to pay?" question and apply for financing because my car was coming in the next week (no VIN).

Applied for financing same day, was approved. Delivery window got down to 12/29/21 to 12/31/21, no VIN ever assigned. Car never came.

Has been bumped out twice and is now 01/27/22 - 02/24/22. At 5 months wait already I'm relatively confident my reservation is bugged in some way. Tesla staff have called me to tell me car was coming in the next week and it didn't. No VIN has ever been assigned. People with identical configs who ordered months later are receiving their cars.

If only there was a phone number I could call to figure out what's going on...

Reactions: CarlThompson
LOL Same here. I created a spreadsheet of all the upgrades I wanted, segregated by things needed immediately, things needed a little later, and things that might be considered by not essential. I managed to hold off until today when I started ordering some of the essentials now that my delivery window appears to be within the next 2 weeks. Curious what spoiler you purchased, which is one of the only things on your list, besides ambient light strips, wheels, and dash/door trim caps, that I don't have on my list. I would opt for ambient lights if the on and off function was linked to the car being on or off.
That's a great way to segment them, I definitely did not have that control and just wanted to get it all done with ahah. I got the shorter jcsportline spoiler in the pics below. Yeah that would been ideal with the on/off, but there is a switch luckily which is why I did decide to get it which I'm hoping I won't find too annoying. I am excited to see how the remaining interior light upgrades look too as I got the purple hue from abstract ocean for the rest

Attachments

• 61QThRxgFFL._AC_SL1002_.jpg
    61QThRxgFFL._AC_SL1002_.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 61vpjwyVDAL._AC_SL1002_.jpg
    61vpjwyVDAL._AC_SL1002_.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 55
LR/RMC/Black/Aero no FSD, order date was 08/04/21.

Got a call 12/20/21 that I needed to answer the "how are you going to pay?" question and apply for financing because my car was coming in the next week (no VIN).

Applied for financing same day, was approved. Delivery window got down to 12/29/21 to 12/31/21, no VIN ever assigned. Car never came.

Has been bumped out twice and is now 01/27/22 - 02/24/22. At 5 months wait already I'm relatively confident my reservation is bugged in some way. Tesla staff have called me to tell me car was coming in the next week and it didn't. No VIN has ever been assigned. People with identical configs who ordered months later are receiving their cars.

If only there was a phone number I could call to figure out what's going on...
702-680-6729
This number was on one of the texts I got from Tesla. It says to call at anytime Tues-Sat for any questions.

• Informative
Reactions: Crany
Ours is white white 18s no fsd. A few reps said no Ryzen or new 12v
With such a recent build date, I truly hope that rep was wrong. Let us know when you get it!
They don't have a clue. I asked 4 reps online and two of them said yes all cars do now. And the other 2 said they have no idea. I also spoke with someone from Tesla and he said he had no idea.

Reactions: Doggerton