Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 11/28 and I've tried to not obsess so I haven't been keeping up with all my EDD changes (but it feels like there's been around 5-6).

LR/White/Black/Aero/No-FSD/Colma, CA

I just went from a 2 week window to a 4 week window. Was 1/25-2/8 and is now 1/27-2/22. :(
Same config, located in Monterey, OD about a week+ after yours, and my EDD is 1/26-2/9 so my guess is tomorrow I will wake to a push back like that, too. This SUCKS. :( I'm so sorry.

50 Days from Order Date to Delivery, 38 Days from OD to VIN:
Model 3 Tracking Spreadsheet
I'm on Day 47. No hold, No hope.
I'm on day 50, no holds, no VIN yet. That sheet is actually not totally correct unless you used the filter on the spreadsheet to select your specific configuration, more recent date range, and your location. In my opinion, there is not enough data on the spreadsheet to accurately assess averages, unless there are a boatload of recent orders of your exact configuration in your location. Just my 2 cents. :)

New socal update today, as expected slight pushback but window narrowed by 2 days. Hope we’ll be the ones waking up to VINs very soon

OD: 11/26/2021 - LR/MSM/Black/Aero no FSD

11/26: 1st EDD: 1/21 - 2/18
12/4: 2nd EDD: 12/31 - 1/28
1/1: 3rd EDD: 1/9 - 2/6
1/10: 4th EDD: 1/20 - 2/17
1/21: 5th EDD: 1/26 - 2/23
1/22: 6th EDD: 1/25 - 2/8
1/26: 7th EDD: 1/28 - 2/9

• Love
Reactions: Doggerton
This is weird. I ordered one day before you with the same config and I live in the Bay Area which is supposed to take less delivery time. But my edd is 2/21-3/21 and never changed.
It doesn’t really seem like there is rhyme or reason to the EDDs, but mine did get pushed out and then slowly kept going back up and also I just got my VIN a few minutes ago! now I just need to confirm it’s Ryzen, last 6 166748.

Just 24 hours the SA put a hold for 24 hours that auto released Sunday night. I got a new VIN 3 days after it released. Scheduled arrival in TX is 2/6, so pickup 2/7 to 2/9 most likely.

Oh yeah the rep also told me my car has the heated windshield wiper, not sure if that's true.
You got really lucky. I released a 158xxx VIN, had a hold for two days and then got a 156xxx assigned 😀 I was allowed to release that one too but have to take the next no matter what. I have now an extended hold until Feb 18.

Just took the plunge and ordered a 2022 M3 LR/AWD. I've been driving a 2020 Bolt EV since 3/20, but with the battery recall/fire issue, GM bought it out, so I was left driving my pickup truck and watching the gas gauge dive toward E with alarming regularity.

Tesla is quoting me a March delivery date. Does anyone else find that very hard to believe? Really looking forward to driving it though!

View attachment 760100
I just ordered mine also (a few days ago)
long range model 3 everything else standard (black interior/black wheels)
Estimated Delivery: March 12 - March 31

Reactions: CarlThompson
Got assigned a 157XXX VIN in TX.

LR/MSM/Black/Aero no FSD

It has Intel Atom so I'm going to reject it.
Call Tesla now to ask if they know it's Ryzen or not. As long as you're under 90 days from your order date, you can place hold on it. If you wait 'til delivery and reject the car, then you MUST take the next available car assigned to you or your order gets cancelled.

(my earlier post had the wrong dates - sorry about that)

White M3LR, white interior, 18 aero

OD 12/4
EDD: Feb 5 - Mar 5
EDD: Jan 29 - Feb 26
EDD: Feb 20 - Mar 20
EDD: Feb 6 - Mar 6

Boston Massachusetts area
Ordered @ Natick

Adding: Performance upgrade; carbon fiber rear spoiler; sequential front turn signals/white fog lights; sequential rear turn signal in place of reflector; red calipers; carbon fiber with red Tesla logo lug cover; carpeted floor mats; Hansshow CarPlay dual screen; possible tint - not sure; front license plate holder; front Tesla graphic. Hopefully most mods will blend in by looking OEM and be invisible to all but Tesla fanatics. It's a disease, I know.

BTW, the reason that we're all on this forum is that Hertz Rent a Car ordered 100,000 Model 3 in October 2021. I imagine that Tesla is splitting their production between consumers and fleets and that is contributing to the scarcity of parts and vehicles.