Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes me too, was supposed to pick up today, was called a couple of days ago and told new delivery date Sunday due to winter storm. I suppose they could both be true (Storm AND firmware update).
Keep us updated if you find out about this required update. Does that happen often to new deliveries? I was suppose to pickup on Saturday as well, but preemptively moved to Monday when I saw the winter storm coming.

Maybe I should update mine to the white interior 🤣
Doesn't seem to have sped me up any.
I think I have seen you (or someone else) say this before (that you think the bay area is supposed to be quicker). I am not sure where you are getting that from. Historically, CA was last. The closer you were to the factory, the LATER you got your car, not the sooner. Tesla used to try to maximize deliveries in a particular quarter, and shipping to the east coast ( for example) takes longer.

They can make and deliver a car in the bay area almost the day it comes out the factory, vs shipping via train / truck etc to the east coast.

I am not following it closely enough to know if they still do that, but I would assume so, so CA = LATER not sooner, and Bay area = absolute last, not "quicker" should be your assumption.
I wonder how Texas fits into this scheme?

Reactions: Canine06
They gave me the option to pick up between 1/27-1/29 with different time slots as well
When they offered me a pickup reservation there was only one choice: 5pm Saturday (Jan 29). I can do it, but thought I might get a choice of dates and times within the EDD of Jan 28 and Feb 1 they had given me. They close at 6pm, so I plan to arrive an hour or more prior to my scheduled 5pm delivery appointment so I'll have enough time in daylight to inspect the vehicle before my 100 mile drive home.

Reactions: EvDoss and melajzvn
Totally agree on labor shortages! I have been a long time customer of DCU (This being my 4th car through them) and they have always sent the cheques overnight. I hope

Good news! Woke up to vision agreement and after signing off for a VIN of 167xxx! Hoping everyone else in SoCal wakes up to their VINs! will check in morning for RYZEN
Congrats! SoCal here, too. Got my 2nd VIN two days ago and will pick up tomorrow.

So I have a M3LR on hold right now until 2/21. I have been lurking on this thread to gauge when to release the hold as I want to be sure to get the AMD and new battery. It seems like I would be safe to do so now? I guess the only concern is if they have a car sitting around that matches my specs and match me to that car, but that seems unlikely. More likely I will have to wait a month or two to get the car. Do you think it is safe to release the hold now? Thanks.

Reactions: Blackfish
So I have a M3LR on hold right now until 2/21. I have been lurking on this thread to gauge when to release the hold as I want to be sure to get the AMD and new battery. It seems like I would be safe to do so now? I guess the only concern is if they have a car sitting around that matches my specs and match me to that car, but that seems unlikely. More likely I will have to wait a month or two to get the car. Do you think it is safe to release the hold now? Thanks.
I would still wait. I had one hold that I ended early and I was matched to a VIN smaller than my previous one which did not have any of the upgrades. Hence, I will be keeping my current hold until 2/18.

BTW, the moderator wants us to discuss this in a different thread. So this might be moved maybe to the M3LR Waiting Room thread.

Reactions: jjrandorin