Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a white / black / 18" LR to new york-not exactly a uncommon configuration. I have seen several people post that they ordered later and already received the exact same car to the same location - Mount Kisko NY.
Yeah, if that is the case, then something is not right how they assign these VINs. Then maybe what was stated here might make a difference; i.e., if you have cash/lease/loan etc. or if you completed all preliminary tasks on time in the app but still strange IMO.

Last edited:
I ordered a white / black / 18" LR to new york-not exactly a uncommon configuration. I have seen several people post that they ordered later and already received the exact same car to the same location - Mount Kisko NY.
Same delivery center. I haven't read about a single pick up in Kisco since I started lurking these various forums and and am starting to think it's a mythical location drummed up by Elon to troll New Yorkers.

OD:12/12, MSM/BLK, no fsd
EDD is 2/14 - 2/28 and has been for about 7-10 days

Reactions: EvDoss
OD - Nov 1st put on hold until Jan 1st
Got my 4th updated EDD
EDD 02-17 to 03-17
EDD 03-17 to 03-31
EDD 02-25 to 03-25
New as of this morning
EDD 03-24 to 03-31

Still seems pretty far out to think that 1 week delivery window will be accurate. However the timing would work really well for me if its holds up.

Is it ever too late to ask to trade in car? I don't see any options to do it on my account page anymore, but would I be able to do it through my SA?

And if it is possible, would it delay EDD at all?
Just call them and they'll reset it and it will allow you to enter trade in info. I don't think it will delay EDD.
Note: I had them do this for the trade in and was waiting for it to go through when I put the order on hold. Once on hold the trade in value status goes away and there's only the remove hold option. I called and asked them to please continue with trade in value and they said they would make a note and I would get an email on the trade in, which I did two days later.

Reactions: T3LR
New EDD this morning, 2/5 - 3/2. (From 2/4 - 2/18). I'm starting to get tired of being jerked around (see chain of replies), especially since I'm definitely now on the longer side of the bell curve for days from OD to delivery (79 days in my case).
And yet another change this morning: 2/6-2/18. It's like they're trying to make up for my EDD staying the same for almost two months by giving me tons of updates right at the end 😆

And yet another change this morning: 2/6-2/18. It's like they're trying to make up for my EDD staying the same for almost two months by giving me tons of updates right at the end 😆
Fingers crossed the random push back to month long EDD was a fluke and that you will receive your VIN within the next few days! I'm still sitting at month long EDD but my OD was much later than yours (1/12/22)

Reactions: Sentinel North
M3LR, MSM, Black, 18", no FSD, Picking up in Fremont, CA
  • OD: 10/31
  • EDD1: 12/21-12/31
  • EDD2: 1/5-2/2
  • Hold from 12/16-1/5
  • EDD3: 3/9-3/31
  • EDD4: 1/28-2/25
  • EDD5: 2/4-2/18
Today's 2/4... no update yet. And my gas light came on in my ICE car this morning... If I fill it up, will that trigger a VIN today? If I only give it like half a tank, will that ensure they push me out? 😄