Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR/RMC/Black/Aero no FSD, order date was 08/04/21.

Got a call 12/20/21 that I needed to answer the "how are you going to pay?" question and apply for financing because my car was coming in the next week (no VIN).

Applied for financing same day, was approved. Delivery window got down to 12/29/21 to 12/31/21, no VIN ever assigned. Car never came.

Has been bumped out twice and is now 01/27/22 - 02/24/22. At 5 months wait already I'm relatively confident my reservation is bugged in some way. Tesla staff have called me to tell me car was coming in the next week and it didn't. No VIN has ever been assigned. People with identical configs who ordered months later are receiving their cars.

If only there was a phone number I could call to figure out what's going on...

Whelp, date eventually narrowed to 2 weeks, but the start date came and went, and as usual, bumped out another week to 02-11->02-25.

Fun Fact: 02-21 will be 60 days after my date narrowed to 3 days and a Tesla employee called me to tell me to apply for financing. So another hard credit check.

I called Tesla 2 weeks ago, got: "No, everything is fine with your reservation, there's nothing else you need to do. You're 'prioritized' and our internal estimates show 'beginning of February'".

Anyone know if I can place another order, and have it transferred to me original one if it gets filled first?

Anyone else in the 6 month club with a fully complete reservation, no VINs, and no holds?

There's a red AWD Model 3 with black interior in Bay Area inventory right now for $52.9k!

I'd buy it myself but my last Model 3 was red and I want to try something different.
Already gone!

Interesting they'd put a car up for general inventory in the Bay Area instead of delivering it to a customer who is definitely waiting...in the Bay Area...20 minutes from the factory...

• Funny
Reactions: lexapro
For those people who have your financing bank mail the check directly to Tesla in advance, how are you managing the fact that on delivery day, you visually inspect the car prior to accepting delivery and may end up rejecting it?

I haven't done this but my thoughts are this: Tesla (nor any reputable company) is not going to abscond with your $. If you end up rejecting it I am sure there's a process to easily have that payment either sent back to you directly or to the bank. People tend to worry about things like this but in the end it's really not a concern as there's a clear paper trail even if they were to play games...which they do not.

Reactions: EvDoss and Paul4343
I'm wondering.... has anyone gotten a model 3 with the dual pane rear glass?
I'm hoping my car will be the new quieter version.
(I'm also hoping I will ultimately get my car within my never-changing EDD time frame of 2/20 - 3/20... all I can do is keep my fingers crossed).

I have yet to see anyone say this. Really curious myself but I don't think there's been an example posted yet...

FYI, my 29 Oct order LR3 which was then put on hold till 1 Jan was delivered on 28 Jan to the person I transferred the VIN to. They reported no issues at delivery....said it was pretty much flawless. Don't think they got the new lion 12v or Ryzen though.

:-( pushed out again... OD: 11/5 was: Feb 6-16 now 7-24
Yesterday evening, got a VIN and new EDD date. Two updates in the same day...!? EDD was: Feb 7-24, now Feb 7-11 and the EDD is 170XXX waiting for the call... Getting the last of the parts for the new socket install in the garage seems to have done the trick!

Priced Tesla insurance, it's $110/mo more for me than the lizard folks here in California.

?Does anyone know if a NEMA 14-50 is supposed to be included with the car at delivery these days?

Reactions: Crany and Paul4343
Yesterday evening, got a VIN and new EDD date. Two updates in the same day...!? EDD was: Feb 7-24, now Feb 7-11 and the EDD is 170XXX waiting for the call... Getting the last of the parts for the new socket install in the garage seems to have done the trick!

Priced Tesla insurance, it's $110/mo more for me than the lizard folks here in California.

?Does anyone know if a NEMA 14-50 is supposed to be included with the car at delivery these days?

The 14-50 adaptor is no longer included, that stopped in early 2020. It's the most commonly stocked part at the service center, so pick one up when picking up your car. Or order from the Tesla shop online.