Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the 6-50 is not talked about enough. It charges at the same rate as the 14-50 and does not require a neutral wire. That is what I went with. I do recognize however, it is the less common format.
Not talked about as much because a lot of RV enthusiast use the 14-50, therefore there are an abundance of accessories, extension cords etc if ever needed.
I feel like it's getting very time dependent for me. It's already been over 3 months since I've ordered with no VIN still.
Some back and forth with a dealer might last a couple weeks to a month at max, but I'd be driving that car for 2 months by now already.
Agree, I'd haggle all day long if I could take the car sooner. That being said I think in todays climate your waiting either way.

Reactions: T4M3
Holy *sugar*, holy *sugar*(sorry for swearing).
Just got an email from Tesla 10 minutes ago "2022 Model 3 Cash Final Balance is now ready"

Went to my account and saw that I had a vision agreement.
I clicked accept and I now have final payment info and after checking the source code, my VIN is 175xxx.
EDD updated to Feb. 15-19.

Bad news? I'm not ready to accept it. I'm *probably* going to put a hold on it because today is the last day of +10C weather before another cold snap and there'll probably be more white stuff on the ground over the next 2-4 weeks. Not the best environment for PPF application or vinyl decals.

At least there's the SpaceX presentation tomorrow, thanks Elon!
Ordered essentially the same car as you in BC, mind you I also ordered when the car was $2,000 cheaper.

I am going to be paying more than $7,000+ more than you in Sales Tax.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: RG-M3
Last I checked my trade-in valuation, it was set to expire on 2/7, but when I go into my account I don't see any mention of it having expired or any way for me to update the mileage or anything. Maybe it's a sign I'm close enough to my actual delivery date that they're just locking it in? Current EDD is 2/9-2/22 (a weird 15-day range), so I imagine I'll wake up to a new window tomorrow. No VIN assigned (or previously rejected) and no holds ever. I have payment set to cash, though I'll start the finance process with a third party once I get a VIN.
Tesla sent me a text telling me my trade in offer had expired and to resubmit. I did and it went down 1k. It’s set to expire a few days before my delivery date so I’m hoping I get an early delivery.

Reactions: Mustangr
Tesla sent me a text telling me my trade in offer had expired and to resubmit. I did and it went down 1k. It’s set to expire a few days before my delivery date so I’m hoping I get an early delivery.
Typical.

Tesla phoned me yesterday asking if I was still planning to trade in my car to them.

I told them no, and the dude asked why.

The answer I gave him was I did not trust to reliably plan it around delivery with the expirations, and that I made more money by selling my car privately, even with tax savings because Tesla's offer was almost insulting.

Ah! Good to know; hopefully they'll reach out to me if I do need to resubmit. I originally submitted the trade-in request in Dec.; when that expired in Jan. I resubmitted and it decreased by $100. Sucks yours went down so much! Hope also that your delivery comes in time to stick with that current amount.

Funny how you say it is in Rupees. ^-^
We've got funny money up here 😂
Ordered essentially the same car as you in BC, mind you I also ordered when the car was $2,000 cheaper.

I am going to be paying more than $7,000+ more than you in Sales Tax.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
At least the BC rebates bring the difference down RIP Nov 2021 M3SR+ - we've got nothing over here in Alberta, no EV rebates/credits, nothing for chargers from the utilities or the government
Typical.

Tesla phoned me yesterday asking if I was still planning to trade in my car to them.

I told them no, and the dude asked why.

The answer I gave him was I did not trust to reliably plan it around delivery with the expirations, and that I made more money by selling my car privately, even with tax savings because Tesla's offer was almost insulting.
Going to see what Tesla offers on my 2021 RAV4 - demand is still high and I ordered it in October, got in December.

I’ve been reading that quite a few folks have been trading in their older vehicles. Maybe my experience is an outlier but I got a quote that was almost 40% below what a similar car on private sites was going for (listed really not sure if they ended up being sold for that much).

Even if it was 25% below, for me that was a sizable chunk of change to let go for any pains I may have to take with selling privately or dmv.

I’m wondering what benefit outweighs several thousand dollars of difference.

I’ve been reading that quite a few folks have been trading in their older vehicles. Maybe my experience is an outlier but I got a quote that was almost 40% below what a similar car on private sites was going for (listed really not sure if they ended up being sold for that much).

Even if it was 25% below, for me that was a sizable chunk of change to let go for any pains I may have to take with selling privately or dmv.

In some states (like here in NC) you can save on the sales tax if you trade in. Also, since demand is high right now, at least for my case, selling privately or selling to Carvana is almost identical. If the price holds I will most likely sell to Carvana at the end of this month.

Last edited:
In some states (like here in NC) you can save on the sales tax if you trade in. Also, since demand is high right now, at least for my case, selling privately or selling to Carvana is almost identical. If the price holds I will most likely sell to Carvana at the end of this month.
Carvana also quoted way less than KBB on my car.

Since then I’ve been on calls with multiple dealers in my area who are bidding up each time I tell them someone is offering more. They are still bidding less than what private sellers appear to be willing to give. But Tesla’s offer was the lowest among the lot by a long distance. Like someone said above - it was almost insulting.

My point is Tesla’s trade in evaluation seems to not account for market demand. It doesn’t feel like a win-win.

Tesla and other car companies and dealers are all cashing in on the demand supply imbalance. Why shouldn’t you?

Reactions: disneygirl420