Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD was 01/07 for MSM/White/aero/no fsd
EDD was 02/22 - 03/22

Change configuration on 01/31 to BLACK/White/aero/no fsd
EDD stayed the same 02/22 - 03/22

Received VIN 177xxx this morning with EDD of 02/25 - 03/01

I assumed that I would have to wait longer to get the VIN since I changed configuration on 01/31/22…. My order date was even revised to 01/31 but the RN stayed the same. Anyway, I am pleasantly surprised that I, apparently, did not have to start the time clock over.

Thank you for posting! this gives me hope for a delivery this month or very early March.

Congrats on the VIN and awesome spec btw!! I’m a bit biased though 😂

Reactions: UT4EVER
oh man, ANOTHER person with my exact configuration, ordering nearly at the identical time as me, who has a VIN. Meanwhile, over here on LI, I still have the original EDD: 2/20-3/20. Zero movement and not a peep from Tesla in a month. 😪
I hear you - but these things are moving fast. One week ago my dates were Mar 28-Apr 28, moving to Feb 28-Mar 28, and just this morning went to Feb 20-Feb26, with a vin. You are not far behind.

Now, I don’t have a firm delivery date (yet). I also didn’t put anything on hold - but I did make a modification moving from Black interior to White interior last week, so a bit surprised that didn’t reset my EDD.

Can I also just add - that I have quite enjoyed the overall experience. It’s quite the thrill. And I would sign up for this any day over trying to deal with the car salesmen at ICE shops.

I hear you - but these things are moving fast. One week ago my dates were Mar 28-Apr 28, moving to Feb 28-Mar 28, and just this morning went to Feb 20-Feb26, with a vin. You are not far behind.

Now, I don’t have a firm delivery date (yet). I also didn’t put anything on hold - but I did make a modification moving from Black interior to White interior last week, so a bit surprised that didn’t reset my EDD.

Can I also just add - that I have quite enjoyed the overall experience. It’s quite the thrill. And I would sign up for this any day over trying to deal with the car salesmen at ICE shops.
Your mouth to Elon's ears! I agree, it is a thrill. And if I'm truly honest, my garage isn't quite ready for the car yet, anyway. I DO have the wall charger, but I need to do a lot of garage (and therefore also basement) reorganization before I get my red beauty. As my garage currently stands, my kids would likely scratch the car when they get their bikes out. Obviously can't let that happen!

Holy *sugar*, holy *sugar*(sorry for swearing).
Just got an email from Tesla 10 minutes ago "2022 Model 3 Cash Final Balance is now ready"

Went to my account and saw that I had a vision agreement.
I clicked accept and I now have final payment info and after checking the source code, my VIN is 175xxx.
EDD updated to Feb. 15-19.

Bad news? I'm not ready to accept it. I'm *probably* going to put a hold on it because today is the last day of +10C weather before another cold snap and there'll probably be more white stuff on the ground over the next 2-4 weeks. Not the best environment for PPF application or vinyl decals.

At least there's the SpaceX presentation tomorrow, thanks Elon!

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 105
  • FireShot Capture 5517 - - Tesla Canada - www.tesla.com.png
    FireShot Capture 5517 - - Tesla Canada - www.tesla.com.png
    282 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Your mouth to Elon's ears! I agree, it is a thrill. And if I'm truly honest, my garage isn't quite ready for the car yet, anyway. I DO have the wall charger, but I need to do a lot of garage (and therefore also basement) reorganization before I get my red beauty. As my garage currently stands, my kids would likely scratch the car when they get their bikes out. Obviously can't let that happen!
I am right there with you. I should be more patient knowing this project needs to be completed. It's a must.

Bad news? I'm not ready to accept it. I'm going to put a hold on it because today is the last day of +10C weather before another cold snap and there'll probably be more white stuff on the ground over the next 2-4 weeks. Not the best environment for PPF application or vinyl decals.

I've seen recommendations to wait 30 days (or more?) before putting PPF on a new car. To cure the paint?

I'm not sure...surely the shop you choose will know the right way.

This whole experience has been kind of weird, though I don't miss the frustrating dealer back and forth.
I feel like it's getting very time dependent for me. It's already been over 3 months since I've ordered with no VIN still.
Some back and forth with a dealer might last a couple weeks to a month at max, but I'd be driving that car for 2 months by now already.

Reactions: Ackman999
Got an update a week ago. I thought I could be patient but it's wearing thin. Since selling my daily driver I feel like a kid waiting to get his DL so his life can begin. Ha!

M3LR Blue/White Interior w/ Sport Wheels no FSD
OD - 1/18
1st EDD - 2/11 thru 3/11 - no vin
2nd EDD - 3/17 thru 3/31 - no vin
3rd EDD - 3/3 thru 3/31 - no vin (as of 2/9/22)

Note: Called our local service center right at opening and a SA was happy to help. (not normal from what I've read) I'm still early in the game I'm guessing.

Still have a 30 day window! Emailed my SA to see if he had any insight. Feels strange to have no seen any movement in over a month, almost a month and a half now. Especially since I have a VIN before I put my hold.
Called the Florida store, they said everything was good to go on my end and that the EDD still seemed accurate. He said to expect delivery mid to late march....ughhhhh

Reactions: Canine06
So cal
White/white/18/no FSD

OD. 11/24 standard range M3
EDD march to April

11/29 change to LR M3 so new OD of 11/29
Edd feb 2
Edd 1/13-2/10
EDD before 12/31
Put a hold on 12/16
Released hold 1/4
3/8-3/31
1/23-2/6
1/26-2/5
1/29-2/21
1/30-2/13
2/2-2/13
2/5-2/28
2/6-2-19
2/9-2/19

VIN received last night 2/8 with en EDD pickup date in Buena Park of 2/11-2/14.

Main thing was making sure my profile was always complete. Last week my trade in offer expired. My SA said to input the info asap because once my trade in info expires it would put my account back on hold and unable to be matched to a vehicle. A day later he text me to update my credit app because it would be expiring the next day as well and that could put the account on hold too. So make sure everything is completed. At all times.

Last I checked my trade-in valuation, it was set to expire on 2/7, but when I go into my account I don't see any mention of it having expired or any way for me to update the mileage or anything. Maybe it's a sign I'm close enough to my actual delivery date that they're just locking it in? Current EDD is 2/9-2/22 (a weird 15-day range), so I imagine I'll wake up to a new window tomorrow. No VIN assigned (or previously rejected) and no holds ever. I have payment set to cash, though I'll start the finance process with a third party once I get a VIN.